Akame Ga Kiru [Manga]

Agree with Pocket. Basically that's a hint that the dog will be a goner, and seryuu with no dog in a fight = dead, unless some twist is in the writer's mind.

Anyways, what do people even see in Seryuu? She looks absolutely insane in combat, practically is a robot now with all those attachments, takes this "justice" thing a bit too far, and did some pretty cruel (cruel to a whole different level) things to some people in Night Raid. Only person I like on the Jaegers is Wave.
Few people find her attractive due to the exact words you just said.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Why is it that I did not find said chapter while I was in a book store in Akihhabara... fml

I don't mind that specific spoiler much because this was totally coming.

I don't want ANYTHING ELSE SPOILED, HOWEVER. (lack of spoilers is also a spoiler, watch your backs)

Chapter 38 Chinese version (better than the last link): http://www.manga2u.me/akame_ga_kiru/38/01/

Chapter 38 translation:
Cover Page: AKAME GA KIRU-Kill the Fate (Part 3)

Narration: The moon serves as the sole witness for the traces of the death match between Mien and Seryuu ----

Page 2:

Mien (thought): Haa…Haa….How did I even remember something like this.

Page 3:

Mien (thought): I had always been bullied since I was born with the blood of a different race……my entire body would be covered with injuries…..I was looking at the sky like this back then as well. No one would come to help me. I had long known----

Page 4:

Mien (thought): That the only person that could rescue me was me. Then in the future, I’ll seek the return for this price of misery and have this absurd discriminating world thoroughly overturned. Therefore……

Page 5:

Mien (thought): There’s no way I’d let myself die in this kind of place!!!

Page 6:

Mien: Never!!!

Page 7:

Mien: You’ve underestimated my Pumpkin, haaaaaaa!!

Page 8:

Seryuu: Koro!

Seryuu (thought): The weapons of the Ten Kings have all been used up. However, I still have this one!!!

Seryuu: Justice Execution

Page 9:

Mien (thought): Here’s my chance….!

Mien: Restrictions Negated------!!!

Seryuu: What!?

Page 10:

Seryuu: I’ve been……sliced apart…..

Page 11:

Mien: The Pumpkin utilizes the state of mind of a person when firing a shot. The bleaker the battle the stronger I become. It put me back on my feet and thus seals your defeat.

Page 12:

Seryuu: Mwuahahahahaha. Justice will always prevail. No matter what, all evils will be eliminated. Judgment of the Ten Kings, Final Weapon, Five Paths of the Reincarnation Hearth.

Page 13:

Mien:…….?

Seryuu : There’s only 15 seconds left

Mien: Could it be…..a bomb!?

Seryuu: This is the ultimate weaponry to counteract evil that I received from
Bors. As long as it’s in my head…..I’ll never lose.

Mien: You bastard…..

Mien (thought): Ugh….it won’t work….it’s overheated right now.

Page 14:

Seryuu: You idiot, hahaha, with those injuries of yours there’s no use in running away! You are certainly going to be caught in the explosion!! Die in fear!

Seryuu: Ha….Ha….Ha…..Koro…..

Page 15:
Seryuu: Looks you’re irreparable as well. We still haven’t eliminated all the evils that rid this place……Esdese…..captain…..
Page 16:

Seryuu: I don’t want to live here anymore……

Page 17:

Mien: Ooph…..Damn it, my leg….don’t kid with me…..I must live to become the victor.

Page 18:

Mien: I worked so hard to kill two enemies….it won’t happen….not in a place like this…..sigh….why did I allow myself to engage without permission. Even with you guys….it still wasn’t enough….

Page 19: Explosion

Page 20:

Mien: Damn it!!

Page 21:

Mien:……?

Page 22:

Tatsumi: Regarding aniki’s situation, it happened because I wasn’t strong enough, for Schere I wasn’t able to catch up (in strength). However, this time I will absolutely not let you perish.

Mien: Tatsumi….!!

Page 23:

Tatsumi: Hehe, looks like you’re doing alright.

Mien: What about that last Rakshasa Demon?

Tatsumi: About that….

Page 24:

Suzuka: Running away into these historical remains, do you wish to try going into invisible mode like you did in the last attack? It won’t work.

Tatsumi:……That’s not quite it. Sorry, but no matter what I must take you down you Rakshasa Demon!!!

Page 25:

Suzuka: …Wait!

Tatsumi (thought): I should just avoid this kind of nuisance. Before I make my escape….let’s first wreck this place!!!

Page 26:

Tatsumi: It pretty much went like that. Overall I took her down with my frenzy.

Mien: I suppose that use of force is impressive.

Page 27:

Tatsumi: However, isn’t this great!? Didn’t you say this before? To at least protect you when in danger, looks like I accomplished that right? What do you think? I paid special attention to this!

Mien: You…You sure know how to offer me another chance at life….that saving grab was nearly too late….however

Page 28:

Mien: I owe you big time…..I thought I was a goner, thank you so much.

Page 29:

Tatsumi: ……..eh…..hehe……

Esdese (thought): His qualities could be described as very excellent.

Page 30:

Kids: Let’s hurry up, the recess is almost over. I had scheduled for onee-chan to teach me the Empire’s anthem!.......Eh? What happened to onee-chan and the others?

Page 31:

Kids: Onee-chan—Where are you?

Translating badge please : )

That was... short and to the point. >:(

Mainly, I was ALMOST right. I didn't expect the writer to leave Mein alive but I guess a love triangle is a lot more important (arguable).

Have a fictive badge if you'd like.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Good riddance ;) I'm also happy for Mien, since now she has comrades who have her back - SHE AINT ALONE!

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
The lack of hide tags in this thread will be very very tough to deal with for those who hate spoilers...

Doesn't this fuck with most of the forums? I bet they'll implement something soon. (if possible - if the keyword changed to something else they could just mass-replace every instance of tags with tags or whateveritis)

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
the thread title is lying. one piece is and forever will be the best manga ever.

anyway i think the biggest problem with this manga is that you normally dont have enough time to feel for the characters. chelsea was cool and all, but she died in what, 8 chapters? i didnt really have time to give enough shits about her death.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
WAT PREM DONT YOU SEE US ALL CONNECTING WITH AKAME CHARACTERS??! WHY NO YOU???

8 chapters must seem short to you because you are used to one piece : P

Chelsea was the best, but I guess right now my favorite characters list would go

1. Mien
2. Akame
3. Esdese
4. Tatsumi
5. Wave

Don't really care for rest and I wasn't lying when I called this the greatest manga of all time because dog bitch just died! Also I hope they add the hide tags in soon :<

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
well this manga had a good run

see ya later guys

(jk, but i'm seriously distraught over you know who's death)

Dog-girl's gone, so now I can drift my attention to Esdese.

Anyway, next death seems to be on the protagonist's group. My guess would be the string guy in the hands of Esdese.

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
whoever changed this threads title is a great man. and if its aldaron hes finally done an acceptable act.

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
ROFL @ title.

Anyway I like how it keeps you on edge. The only characters that don't make you think "he/she is gonna die at any moment" are Tatsumi, Akame, and Wave.

...and Kurome and Esdese.

Honestly, it's "anyone can die but the obvious key characters". This has been hyped up like it's something super unique.

Omg the title change i'll kill whoever (probably a one piece fanatic) did this :<

anyways CH39 just got released in Japan, http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2476945836 (a few scans are there). Still waiting on full scans which might take a while but from what I heard it's about akame's past, but who knows if those forum goers are right. It would be about time though, it's been a while since Akame got the spotlight

mien

Tournament Banned
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Omg the title change i'll kill whoever (probably a one piece fanatic) did this :<
The manga attempts to portray a dark setting with excessive violence, horror and fantasy, though the teenage protagonists(probably added to appeal more to it's primary audience) and their bland unfitting personalities ruin it for me.

I don't think anyone who has read Berserk, which has a similar setting, would ever consider Akame Ga Kiru the best manga ever. Considering Berserk surpasses this manga in every single way as in complex characters, storyline, dark setting and art.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The manga attempts to portray a dark setting with excessive violence, horror and fantasy, though the teenage protagonists(probably added to appeal more to it's primary audience) and their bland unfitting personalities ruin it for me.

I don't think anyone who has read Berserk, which has a similar setting, would ever consider Akame Ga Kiru the best manga ever. Considering Berserk surpasses this manga in every single way as in complex characters, storyline, dark setting and art.
Berserk has some good aesthetics, and at some point it had decent storytelling (never was a fan of the author's rape fetish though). But as of now the plot has dreadful pacing and new cast that makes it feels like a shitty jrpg.

Akame ga Kiru was never great manga, but at the same time neither was Berserk. They're both guilty pleasures.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)