Aldaron's Proposal: RMT?

Something went wrong last time, so let's try again...

Aldarons Proposal: RMT?
The point of this RMT is to prove that even with the complex Swift Swim ban, rain is a viable playstyle, and possibly even a dominant one!​
TeamBuilding

I wanted to prove that rain without swift swim was still viable, so the obvious start to a rain team was:​

Next, I wanted a good, sturdy rain Pokemon, and I wanted it to sweep too. Yes, I’m greedy, but I found the PERFECT set for Lapras:​

Then I realized that Lapras was weak to Stealth Rocks, so I needed a spinner. I chose the premier spinner of Gen 4:​

I proceeded to pick two key Pokemon, both being very viable sweepers, and both benefiting from the rain:​

Now, I needed someone to come in and stop a sweep in its tracks by revenging a sweeper:​

I figured out my team was having real trouble with Electric types, so I switched Forretress for Swampert:

On to the team!
Politoed (M) @ Leftovers​
Trait: Drizzle​
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef​
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)​
- Toxic​
- Scald​
- Protect​
- Encore​
This is a standard set, but boy does Politoed do a lot of wrecking. Politoed completely walls anything who doesn’t carry a Super-Effective attack and whose name is not Jellicent. Toxic cripples everything who is not steel, and forces multiple switches. Encore is one of the most useful moves in the game, helping greatly by locking someone into a useless Stealth Rock, or perhaps a recovery move, allowing the free set-up+OHKO. I love Politoed, and especially the shiny version. This Pokemon definitely is needed on any rain team.​
Lapras (M) @ Leftovers​
Trait: Hydration​
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef​
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)​
- Curse​
- Rest​
- Waterfall​
- Ice Shard​
O.O​
This Pokemon sweeps ENTIRE teams. Lapras has always been one of my favorite Pokemon, but Sax King introduced me to this set, and I have been obsessed with it ever since. The whole point is to get to +6 with curses by your amazing HP and SpDef, boosting your Defense to insane levels, and rest off the damage. Rest is the best part though. Rest fully restores HP, but puts you to sleep, but thanks to the Rain and the ability Hydration, sleep is no longer an issue, and you can sweep with STAB priority, or tank hits like a pro and sweep with STAB waterfall.​

Breloom (M) @ Life Orb​
Trait: Technician​
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd​
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)​
- Bullet Seed​
- Mach Punch​
- Spore​
- Swords Dance​
The dreaded Techniloom. If used correctly, it can rarely be countered, and can easily sweep with a Technician boosted, Swords Dance boosted, and STAB boosted Mach Punch, or Bullet Seed. Spore is a must have, and it is the main reason to use Breloom. It allows you to set up an x amount of Swords Dances, and lets you sweep. The rain benefits Breloom too! It nullifies his weakness to Chandelure, and allows a set up on Chandelure.​

Jolteon (M) @ Choice Scarf​
Trait: Volt Absorb​
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk​
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)​
- Thunder​
- Shadow Ball​
- Hidden Power [Ground]​
- Signal Beam​
In my opinion, this is still the best revenger in the history of Pokemon itself. 100% accuracy STAB Thunder is nothing to laugh at, and Shadow Ball is another strong move which provides great cover. Hidden Power Ground is really debatable. It allows a good counter to Heatran, a common switch in, but IIRC, does not OHKO. Signal Beam is also a good choice to outspeed and KO those pesky Serperiors with Perseverance.​

Swanna (M) @ Life Orb​
Trait: Hydration​
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd​
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)​
- Roost​
- Hurricane​
- Scald​
- Ice Beam​
Swanna is a surprising and underrated Pokemon. It’s weak to Stealth Rock, and has poor typing, but like I said, it’s surprising. This is a key to my team’s success. To be honest, I can’t think of something this doesn’t KO off the top of my head. Roost is a great recovery move, and Hurricane gets 100% accuracy in the rain, then factor that in with the confusion chance and high BP, you have a really strong Pokemon right there. Scald’s extra burn chance can really cripple the likes of Metagross who like to Thunderpunch Swanna, and Swanna can roost off the damage. Ice Beam is for Zapdos and the other annoying flying typesthat hurt Breloom​

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
I LIEK MUDKIPZ! But no seriously, this thing takes out extreme threats to my team such as Zapdos and Raikou. Stealth Rock is there becuase this was originally a Forretress, so I wanted to keep some aspect of my old team member. Plus hazards rule. In addition to the obligatory STAB which is obligatory, Stone Edge reaaallly is a help to my team. Before, Zapdos ran rampant. Now, Zapdos=No threat. In addition, I love mudkips (duh), so I felt attracted to this wonderful addition to my team.

So… Now you’ve seen how good rain can be, and even with a serious nerf. I hope you never doubt the power of Rain Dance again.​

Please rate, make changes, or compliment me for how awesome I am.​

Jolteon should have Cspecs as he is one of the fastest pokemon in the game so scarf only helps to beat other scarfs and his special attack becomes ridiculos with specs on. Forry spikes should be toxic as whatever steel that comes in will be scalded and burnt by either swan or toad.

Jolteon should have Cspecs as he is one of the fastest pokemon in the game so scarf only helps to beat other scarfs and his special attack becomes ridiculos with specs on. Forry spikes should be toxic as whatever steel that comes in will be scalded and burnt by either swan or toad.
Thanks for the advice on Forry, and I'll change that real quick. Also, I would rather keep Jolteon scarfed, as it outspeeds a Cloyster at +2 speed and OHKOs it with thunder.

Yeah hidden power ground needs to go, it does nothing for coverage, as the only pokemon Thunder or Shadow Ball doesn't hit harder, this is hits harder is electric types. And the 2 common electric types in todays metagame are Rotom-W and Electreloss, both immune to ground. Hidden power ice, or perhaps water might be better, fire could work, but in the rain its meh.

Yeah hidden power ground needs to go, it does nothing for coverage, as the only pokemon Thunder or Shadow Ball doesn't hit harder, this is hits harder is electric types. And the 2 common electric types in todays metagame are Rotom-W and Electreloss, both immune to ground. Hidden power ice, or perhaps water might be better, fire could work, but in the rain its meh.
If you read, HP Ground is for Heatran which is a common switch-in to Jolteon, however, I am still doubtful about it's usefulness.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Thunder 2HKOes 4/0 Heatran.
HP Ground will OHKO Heatran 46% of the time provided you have rocks up, so only run HP Ground if you plan on revenge killing Heatran. Hitting Heatran on the switch with Thunder will 2HKO it.
Also it's "Aldaron", not "Aladron", so, out of respect for Aldaron, please change the title :P

So I got a question. Why are you using Swanna over Tornadus in the rain? Tornadus' stats are all higher and has the strongest Hurricane in the game. The only advantage I see is the Roost, the water STAB, and Hydration. Since Hurricane is much more comfortable to spam and stronger than scald, you should Tornadus. Also Tornadus can run HP Ice (for Ice Beam) and Focus Blast (to kill Ferrothorn). I've never used Swanna, so I can't judge when you can ever roost, but, beating Ferrothorn is a cool thing to have and him outspeeding things helps too.

So I got a question. Why are you using Swanna over Tornadus in the rain? Tornadus' stats are all higher and has the strongest Hurricane in the game. The only advantage I see is the Roost, the water STAB, and Hydration. Since Hurricane is much more comfortable to spam and stronger than scald, you should Tornadus. Also Tornadus can run HP Ice (for Ice Beam) and Focus Blast (to kill Ferrothorn). I've never used Swanna, so I can't judge when you can ever roost, but, beating Ferrothorn is a cool thing to have and him outspeeding things helps too.
Ferrothorn is easily taken care of by Breloom, and anyways, Hydration lets me murder opposing Brelooms.

EDIT: I'm having huge troubles with Zapdos and other bulky electrics. I'm changing Forretress to Swampert soon.

You can switch pert for a Ferrothorn. Ferro can set up hazards like forry, and if a much better check to Zapdos since heat wave is seriously nerfed in the rain (less than half), not to mention the leech seed recovery + SR makes it harder to switch in. I'm only suggesting Ferro since any carrier of HP grass totally runs over pert. If you choose to stay with pert, try a spread of 248 HP / 252 Att / 4 Def so that he can sponge attacks better since his speed isn't abusable (even in 4th gen too). 248 HP allows for that special lefties number, 252 att is for him to hit hard, and the last EV goes into defense or SpD, your choice.

You can switch pert for a Ferrothorn. Ferro can set up hazards like forry, and if a much better check to Zapdos since heat wave is seriously nerfed in the rain (less than half), not to mention the leech seed recovery + SR makes it harder to switch in. I'm only suggesting Ferro since any carrier of HP grass totally runs over pert. If you choose to stay with pert, try a spread of 248 HP / 252 Att / 4 Def so that he can sponge attacks better since his speed isn't abusable (even in 4th gen too). 248 HP allows for that special lefties number, 252 att is for him to hit hard, and the last EV goes into defense or SpD, your choice.
I'll put the new EV spread into use. Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)