1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Other All Pokemon in the Pokemon Online Boxes (LC Included) (COMPLETED) (772 SETS)

Discussion in 'Technical Projects' started by TheSpeedyShaymin, Sep 7, 2011.

1. TheSpeedyShaymin

TheSpeedyShaymin

I haven't seen anything that can automatically import every single Pokemon w/ all analysis' sets into Pokemon Online boxes...
  2. Myrmidon

Myrmidon

actually, if I had to guess, I'd say this person is manually putting everything in, and exporting the results so we can access this stuff easier...
  3. TheSpeedyShaymin

TheSpeedyShaymin

"This person" as in, me...? I don't know why people are so confused as to what it is that I'm doing, as it's very obvious. I'm just manually putting all the Pokemon into boxes then letting people download the 'boxes' folder...
  4. Myrmidon

Myrmidon

ack...I feel stupid...didn't notice you were the OP...I need to pay more attention...

...so yeah...seems I was right about this...
  5. TheSpeedyShaymin

TheSpeedyShaymin

Well then yes I suppose you were correct, but someone said something about being able to 'parse the information from Smogon' and 'automatically import it all', but I haven't seen anything like this before...
  6. TheSpeedyShaymin

TheSpeedyShaymin

Anymore feedback would be helpful.
  7. whitefag

whitefag

I assume that was a question...
    Usage stats won't be really helpfull as they contain a lot a thrash. As a reference, beta's usage stats contain 372506 unique sets in Wifi OU.
    Besides Smogon doesn't collect it since administrators can't seem to make the new server work properly afaik.

I meant analysis data (doesn'tTheSpeedyShaymin use them as well?) of course.
    If it's accessable in some parsable format (or maybe even better, SQL) this can be done pretty easily. If it is not, it's still possible to grab and parse analysis html pages but that's a bit more complicated.
  8. Xephiroth

Xephiroth

Wow keep it up bro! Just make sure u don't pressure urself.....there are over 600 Pokemon with 1 or more sets each. Take ur time and good luck! :)
  9. TheSpeedyShaymin

TheSpeedyShaymin

Well considering not every Pokemon has a strategy but most of them have at least 2 I'd say over 600 strategies but not necessarily over 600 Pokemon.
  10. gookie

gookie Adominnustrata
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

it certainly would be very convenient, keep it up
  11. TheSpeedyShaymin

TheSpeedyShaymin

12. TheSpeedyShaymin

TheSpeedyShaymin

Anyone else have anything to say?
  13. whitefag

whitefag

14. TheSpeedyShaymin

TheSpeedyShaymin

Well then there you have it. Only thing I dislike about that is the fact LC pokemon aren't level 5 but other than that awesome.
  15. TheSpeedyShaymin

TheSpeedyShaymin

I guess this project is now complete.

ENJOY!
  16. Myrmidon

Myrmidon

I put the files from that .zip file into my Boxes folder, and they're not loading up.

I renamed Box1 to "Abomasnow - Aron", and created a new second box names "Aron - Bronzor", and nothing seems to work. Am I doing something wrong, or is anyone else having these issues?
  17. Ostriker

Ostriker

You aren't putting the files in the correct folder. The boxes folders are in C:/users/~urname/AppData/Boxes o C:/users/~urname/AppData/Roaming/Pokemon Online/Boxes
  18. TheSpeedyShaymin

TheSpeedyShaymin

Yeah, you must not be putting them in the correct place. If you have teamviewer I can help you from there if need be.
  19. whitefag

whitefag

20. TheSpeedyShaymin

TheSpeedyShaymin

Thanks again! :) Updated the DL!!
  21. jonsokol

jonsokol

Any advice about doing this for mac? I replaced my boxes folder with the download in the OP, but all of my boxes are still blank :-(
  22. TheSpeedyShaymin

TheSpeedyShaymin

I'm not sure how to do this on Mac, but remember you have to extract the files from the .zip first.
  23. jonsokol

jonsokol

I did. I downloaded them, extracted them using Zipeg and then replaced the folder in the package contents. I think that the Mac version might be a little buggy. I remember when I first downloaded Pokemon Online on my mac the boxes weren't saving at first, but I don't remember how I fixed it unfortunately :-/
  24. whitefag

whitefag

The Boxes folder form PO directory does nothing.
    Use the following paths:
    • %APPDATA%/Pokemon Online/Boxes (Windows)
    • ~/Library/Application Support/Pokemon Online/Boxes (Mac)
    • ~/.config/Dreambelievers/Pokemon Online/Boxes (Linux)
  25. TheSpeedyShaymin

TheSpeedyShaymin

Yea, as Whitefag said in 1.23 the boxes are located in a different place

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)