Almost Any Ability XY (Suspect Over: Weavile banned, Keldeo Stays)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found the ultimate wallbreaker :)
Hydreigon @ Expert Belt/Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Mild Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Iron Tail
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
252+ SpA Life Orb Protean Hydreigon Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 351-413 (49.8 - 58.6%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Expert Belt Protean Hydreigon Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 324-382 (46 - 54.2%) -- 46.1% chance to 2HKO
4 Atk Expert Belt Protean Hydreigon Iron Tail vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Florges: 370-439 (102.7 - 121.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Expert Belt Protean Hydreigon Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 346-410 (89.6 - 106.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Expert Belt Protean Hydreigon Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Thick Fat Mega Venusaur: 146-175 (40.1 - 48%) -- 66.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Life Orb Protean Hydreigon Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Thick Fat Mega Venusaur: 159-190 (43.6 - 52.1%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA Expert Belt Protean Hydreigon Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Thick Fat Mega Venusaur: 197-233 (54.1 - 64%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Good stuff :)

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
edit Jaguar360 interesting set but just wondering what does Dark Pulse hit?

Wailord is far too slow to use Specs Water Spout and there are better options for Drizzle Pokemon, for example Greninja or Keldeo. Even if they are slightly less powerful they hit hard and fast enough to make up for it.

Also don't get the hype for Pansage, it sounds a lot like a waste and only to be used for fun teams. After all it's stopped cold by status or Taunt Pokemon (Taunt Pansage risks getting hit by an attack), priority Pokemon, Weavile, Magic Bounce / Guard Pokemon, and all Grass-types. I'd much rather use a Pokemon that helps my team cover up other threats than some Leech Seed staller that can't actually stall very effectively.

Also, even if I were to use Pansage, it should probably run max Speed to beat opposing Pansage's Taunt. In addition, TeamSpaceBird's set uses Nature Power, but what's the point?

ok let's make this post more useful and talk about more threats

Weavile @ Life Orb
Trait: Refridgerate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Quick Attack
- Frustration
- Knock Off

Return can also be used but I like messing with Ditto :)

This guy has been the MVP for many of my matches, and I'm surprised nobody talked about it (bar Oi's mention of it after Kyub's ban). Fake Out + Quick Attack is a potent revenge killing combo and with Refridgerate boosts they actually do quite a number. Frustration is (very) powerful STAB and Knock Off is Knock Off, preventing stuff like Metagross or Cresselia from dumping on you (you'll need to hit the former on the switch tho). Ice + Dark forms pretty good coverage together, both being fantastic offensive types, and Weavile's power makes up for whatever it misses out on (eg. Frustration 2HKOes Bisharp iirc). Fake Out + Quick Attack as Ice-type moves keep so many things in check; it prevents Landorus-T, Dragonite, Thundurus-T and Noivern from sweeping you freely, as well as picking off threats from slightly more than half HP. The fact that Fake Out is basically free damage means we've essentially got a base 104 power Ice-type priority move without factoring STAB, and if you think about it it's scary as hell. Now add on to the fact that Weavile's two other moves are extremely spammable; Frustration will wreck anything that doesn't resist it with base 132 power before STAB, while nothing wants to switch into a powerful Knock Off and have their item removed. Ladies and gentlemen, we've got a monster.

Of course, there are checks to this thing. Keldeo is probably a safe bet as it resists both STAB moves and isn't too difficult to fit in. Metagross can switch into anything but Knock Off and Bullet Punch Weavile to death, ditto for bulky Scizor, and they both can recover the damage from multiple Frustrations. idk what else tbh, my teams rely a lot on checking it and not hard countering it, ie. Steel-types or just revenge killers.

How do you guys deal with Weavile?

Oh and this is also great:
Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 Atk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- Scald
- U-turn/Extrasensory
Sometimes it is a bit lacking in power, as it cannot get past the blobs or reliably 2HKO Specially Defensive Mega Venusaur without Stealth Rock (252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Greninja Extrasensory vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mega Venusaur: 161-190 (44.2 - 52.1%) -- 15.2% chance to 2HKO). There are some nice things though like:
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Greninja Dark Pulse vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 304-359 (100.6 - 118.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Greninja Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Latias: 226-268 (62 - 73.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Greninja Scald vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 260-307 (67.3 - 79.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Greninja Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 309-364 (95.9 - 113%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Greninja Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 309-364 (80.4 - 94.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Okay, it's no Protean, but hey, no Life Orb damage from non-U-turn attacks is something right?

I have been using Physically Defensive Suicune with Poison Heal to deal with Weavile, it's great since Return/Frustration does <30% & once you're poisoned you don't mind to lose your orb & it's a great Calm Mind sweeper that can easily turn 1-6 to 1-0

Also, why not replace Quick Attack with Facade? that way Weavile won't become dead weight if he's burned and could be a very deadly sweeper late game

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.

Wailord is far too slow to use Specs Water Spout and there are better options for Drizzle Pokemon, for example Greninja or Keldeo. Even if they are slightly less powerful they hit hard and fast enough to make up for it.

Also don't get the hype for Pansage, it sounds a lot like a waste and only to be used for fun teams. After all it's stopped cold by status or Taunt Pokemon (Taunt Pansage risks getting hit by an attack), priority Pokemon, Weavile, Magic Bounce / Guard Pokemon, and all Grass-types. I'd much rather use a Pokemon that helps my team cover up other threats than some Leech Seed staller that can't actually stall very effectively.

Also, even if I were to use Pansage, it should probably run max Speed to beat opposing Pansage's Taunt. In addition, TeamSpaceBird's set uses Nature Power, but what's the point?

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Quick Attack
- Frustration
- Knock Off

This guy has been the MVP for many of my matches, and I'm surprised nobody talked about it (bar Oi's mention of it after Kyub's ban). Fake Out + Quick Attack is a potent revenge killing combo and with Refridgerate boosts they actually do quite a number. Frustration is (very) powerful STAB and Knock Off is Knock Off, preventing stuff like Metagross or Cresselia from dumping on you (you'll need to hit the former on the switch tho). Ice + Dark forms pretty good coverage together, both being fantastic offensive types, and Weavile's power makes up for whatever it misses out on (eg. Frustration 2HKOes Bisharp iirc). Fake Out + Quick Attack as Ice-type moves keep so many things in check; it prevents Landorus-T, Dragonite, Thundurus-T and Noivern from sweeping you freely, as well as picking off threats from slightly more than half HP. The fact that Fake Out is basically free damage means we've essentially got a base 104 power Ice-type priority move without factoring STAB, and if you think about it it's scary as hell. Now add on to the fact that Weavile's two other moves are extremely spammable; Frustration will wreck anything that doesn't resist it with base 132 power before STAB, while nothing wants to switch into a powerful Knock Off and have their item removed. Ladies and gentlemen, we've got a monster.

Of course, there are checks to this thing. Keldeo is probably a safe bet as it resists both STAB moves and isn't too difficult to fit in. Metagross can switch into anything but Knock Off and Bullet Punch Weavile to death, ditto for bulky Scizor, and they both can recover the damage from multiple Frustrations. idk what else tbh, my teams rely a lot on checking it and not hard countering it, ie. Steel-types or just revenge killers.

I've been using STRONG PONY

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate / Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Hydro Pump
- Surf

252 Atk Life Orb Refrigerate Weavile Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 146-172 (45.2 - 53.2%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252 Atk Life Orb Refrigerate Weavile Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 97-114 (30 - 35.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252 Atk Victini Bolt Strike vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 172-204 (53.2 - 63.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

#POTENTPONY

This has been rlly fun to use so far. Intimidate ensures it can pivot into scarf tini and outscarf it. I've been using this also as a pivot into the cold hearted FRIDGEMONS. So basically Sticky Hold insures that Knock Off weavile doesn't beat me because non scarf keld gets outspeed by standard Weavile, so it's an option in order to have more consistency but it loses it's switch in chances. Both of them win against standard Weavile however. This is also a neat set that beats Flash Fire Scizors/Ferros. HP Ice just revenges a lot of cool stuff. I have another pony set I will post l8r

How do you get Megas? Say I want an Ampharos to have Levitate, whenever it Mega Evolves it will say "Mega Ampharos breaks the mold". Is this a bug or can Megas not work that way?

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Quick Attack
- Frustration
- Knock Off

Oh, Dark Pulse is just something that's moderately spammable for it, but it can probably be replaced by Earth Power or U-turn.
How do you get Megas? Say I want an Ampharos to have Levitate, whenever it Mega Evolves it will say "Mega Ampharos breaks the mold". Is this a bug or can Megas not work that way?
Yeah, Megas keep their old abilities. :/ On the bright side, abilites like Download, Intimidate, weather inducing abilities and Prankster work really well on Pokemon with Megas, so that's something.

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Quick Attack
- Frustration
- Knock Off

The Regirock set I posted is an amazing counter to it, Rock Slide OHKO's and it takes hits like a champ:

252 Atk Life Orb Refrigerate Weavile Frustration vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Regirock: 117-138 (32.1 - 37.9%) -- 93.8% chance to 3HKO

It's extremely hard to counter though, especially after a SD boost. Regirock should definitely see more use for beating threats such as Weavile.

Give Zapdos Magic Guard and it suddenly becomes a more reliable Defogger, although it's still setup fodder for fellow Specially Defensive Pokémon if it's not running Roar or Volt Switch.

I've been using STRONG PONY

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate / Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Hydro Pump
- Surf

252 Atk Life Orb Refrigerate Weavile Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 146-172 (45.2 - 53.2%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252 Atk Life Orb Refrigerate Weavile Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 97-114 (30 - 35.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
-1 252 Atk Victini Bolt Strike vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 172-204 (53.2 - 63.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

#POTENTPONY

This has been rlly fun to use so far. Intimidate ensures it can pivot into scarf tini and outscarf it. I've been using this also as a pivot into the cold hearted FRIDGEMONS. So basically Sticky Hold insures that Knock Off weavile doesn't beat me because non scarf keld gets outspeed by standard Weavile, so it's an option in order to have more consistency but it loses it's switch in chances. Both of them win against standard Weavile however. This is also a neat set that beats Flash Fire Scizors/Ferros. HP Ice just revenges a lot of cool stuff. I have another pony set I will post l8r
Yeah, I'm gonna stick to my Specs Adaptability Keldeo:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 200-236 (49.5 - 58.4%) -- 64.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mandibuzz: 212-250 (50 - 58.9%) -- 75% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Keldeo Scald vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mew: 206-244 (50.9 - 60.3%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Keldeo Scald vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Deoxys-D: 146-174 (48 - 57.2%) -- 91.8% chance to 2HKO

The brute force (that Unaware does nothing to stop) of Keldeo attracts me more than its ability to take hits, but nonetheless I do think Intimidate is a possibility on it.

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Give Zapdos Magic Guard and it suddenly becomes a more reliable Defogger, although it's still setup fodder for fellow Specially Defensive Pokémon if it's not running Roar or Volt Switch.

Yeah, I'm gonna stick to my Specs Adaptability Keldeo:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Suicune: 200-236 (49.5 - 58.4%) -- 64.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mandibuzz: 212-250 (50 - 58.9%) -- 75% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Keldeo Scald vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mew: 206-244 (50.9 - 60.3%) -- 89.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Keldeo Scald vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Deoxys-D: 146-174 (48 - 57.2%) -- 91.8% chance to 2HKO

The brute force (that Unaware does nothing to stop) of Keldeo attracts me more than its ability to take hits, but nonetheless I do think Intimidate is a possibility on it.
don't use modest. You need to outrun offensive protean Mew and other threats. More calcs disproving it's worth
252 SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 80 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 143-169 (44.5 - 52.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 143-169 (39.2 - 46.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Latias: 71-84 (19.5 - 23%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
HOWEVER
252 SpA Choice Specs Protean Keldeo Icy Wind vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 216-254 (71.5 - 84.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Protean Keldeo Icy Wind vs. 80 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 216-254 (67.2 - 79.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Protean Keldeo Icy Wind vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 216-254 (59.3 - 69.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Protean Keldeo Icy Wind vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Latias: 108-127 (29.6 - 34.8%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

Something I used (And ended up winning games for me) was Unburden Kyurem.

I chose it over Latios for some great special coverage, and it's absurdly hard to take down, not only does it have amazing coverage, but it has blistering speed that only priority stops. It's an amazing late game sweeper and get annoying priority out of there - Kyurem can pretty much become the Deoxys-Speed of this tier.

Kyurem @ White Herb
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 108 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 144 HP
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast

The goal is simple, just use Draco Meteor. Once you're done that, continue to fuck everything up with your unresisted coverage of Ice/Ground/Fighting. With the EV spread, it allows it to outspeed every unboosted Pokemon in the game once Unburden has activated, the rest is put into your Special Attack, and bulk (Bulk is spreaded like so to take 24% from SR entry). Draco Meteor is your strongest move, you usually only want to use it once, so you can simply late-game sweep. Earth Power is coverage on Steel types, and Focus Blast is more or less, just filler, feel free to use something else over it.

Edit: Here's a replay of a seemingly hopeless game being turned around because of Kyurem <3 http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/almostanyability-116532853

Last edited:
I just fought a really interesting Trick Room team:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/almostanyability-116521191
So basically, Prankster Cresselia sets up screens, Magic Bounce Smeargle Spores whatever's out, uses Entrainment and Magic Bounces the Sticky Web onto his own team. From there, Cress or Pory can set up Trick Room and Magnezone and Mamoswine wreck with Defiant and Competitive. Freaking genius team.
I also wanted to share my Trick Room Victini (which cameoed in the replay as killing material for +2 Magnezone).
Victini @ Life Orb
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 HP
Adamant/Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Quick Attack
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Trick Room
At first, I was using Pixilate, but as I played more, I figured that Refrigerate was more suited to the metagame with Noivern, Staraptor and Dragonite running around. Other than Ice type priority, this is pretty much standard Trick Room Victini. Just Trick Room then spam V-Create and Quick Attack until you run into a check or you win.

don't use modest. You need to outrun offensive protean Mew and other threats. More calcs disproving it's worth
252 SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 80 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 143-169 (44.5 - 52.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 143-169 (39.2 - 46.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Latias: 71-84 (19.5 - 23%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
HOWEVER
252 SpA Choice Specs Protean Keldeo Icy Wind vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 216-254 (71.5 - 84.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Protean Keldeo Icy Wind vs. 80 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 216-254 (67.2 - 79.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Protean Keldeo Icy Wind vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 216-254 (59.3 - 69.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Choice Specs Protean Keldeo Icy Wind vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Multiscale Latias: 108-127 (29.6 - 34.8%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
To be fair, all these calcs are against Latias, which I know already is a solid check to Keldeo. I'd immediately switch right out seeing this thing and go to something else, like a strong Teravolt Pursuit trapper. Also, Protean Keldeo doesn't suit as well as Adaptability does because Keldeo's main offensive attacks are its hard-hitting STAB moves.

I would understand me fearing the Timid Protean Mew:
252 SpA Life Orb Mew Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 312-369 (96.5 - 114.2%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Protean Mew Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Keldeo: 351-413 (108.6 - 127.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Without Life Orb/Expert Belt, though, Mew just fails to OHKO without having to resort to unreliable moves like Thunder or Solarbeam, so that's something to consider.

Here are some of the strongest attacks Jolly Mew can do to Keldeo:
252 Atk Protean Mew Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 326-386 (100.9 - 119.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Mew Zen Headbutt vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 312-369 (96.5 - 114.2%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Protean Mew Wild Charge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 351-413 (108.6 - 127.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Protean Mew Bullet Seed (3 hits) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 303-360 (93.8 - 111.4%) -- approx. 68.8% chance to OHKO

Huh...Protean Bullet Seed Mew actually sounds very threatening. Of course, it should look out for certain stuff, like Sap Sipper and incoming Aerilate/Refrigerate users.

Mew should still watch out for Keldeo, too:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Mew: 392-462 (114.9 - 135.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

If Mew switches into a Hydro Pump, that's a free KO for Keldeo. Mew has to get a free switch-in or skillfully dodge the Hydro Pump to have the chance to KO Keldeo.

Just started messing around last night but these are a few I like so far

Mew @ Expert Belt (item is subject to change, considering LO or lefties)
Ability-No Guard (since everything I have is 50-70% acc)
EVs/Nature: still need some work. Probably switching to Timid with 252 Satk and Speed
Hypnosis
Dynamic Punch/Focus Blast
Zap Cannon
Blizzard/Swords Dance/Nasty Plot/Softboiled/Taunt

The point of this set is to utilize No Guard to inflict Sleep or Parafusion while the opponent struggles to figure out which set/ability you are running. It has some issues against Weavile, bulky hazard setting leads like Deo-D, and against Chansey. I chose Dynamic Punch to Confuse sleeping Pokemon, the expected switch-in, or if I am scared of Magic Bounce/Taunt. It also hits harder than Psyshock or Focus Blast against the pink blobs (but still not enough to prevent being walled without running something like Swords Dance or Taunt). Zap Cannon spreads paralysis while still doing some damage, while Blizzard rounds off some Boltbeam coverage. This set loses some coverage and about 10-15% damage compared to a Protean set, but gains better status inducing capabilities.

I am considering changing Blizzard for Nasty Plot (going with Focus "Miss" over DPunch) or Swords Dance (Jolly Nature) or Softboiled. The slashed moves haven't been tested yet, but could be useful depending on what your team needs.

Snorlax @ Normal Gem
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef (May need to add some more physcial bulk for the likes of Weavile and Lucario)
Adamant Nature
- Self-Destruct
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
- Crunch

Initially made this guy as a joke, but that Self Destruct will do ridiculous damage to pretty much anything that doesn't resist. Pretty much tactical nuke to anything that doesn't sub, protect, or resist. And even some things that DO resist. Even if they fully invest HP and DEF.

(All %s assume max HP, max Def, +Def nature).
Cresselia 78.8%-93.2% (37.5% to OHKO after SR damage)
Deo-D 93.4%-110.5% (62.5% to OHKO, 100% after either SR or 1 layer of spike)
Dragonite 117%-137.8% (100% OHKO without hazards)
Lucario 72.3-85.1% (100% OHKO without hazards if only 252HP/0Def, equake is also 100% if Lucario makes no bulk investment)
Mega Lucario 62.7-74.1 (Equake is 48.8 to 57.5%). 100% KO if no HP or Def investment. 50% OHKO if 252HP 0Def but SR is up.
Eviolite Chansey 103.9-122.4% (100% OHKO without hazards, something Choice Band Outrage Kyurem-B in regular OU couldn't claim, even if Kyurem's Chansey had no HP EVs and took SR damage)

Pangoro @ Leftovers/Choice Band
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 HP / 252 Atk
Adamant Nature
- Parting Shot
- Me First
- Crunch
- Substitute/undecided attack move if Band

Prankster helps alleviate Pangoro's mediocre speed without giving Trick Rooms the edge that a Chocie Scarf would bring. But this build still falls short against priority, particularly Aerilate Extreme Speed. Parting Shot lets Pangoro get out of a bad situation, so long as the opponent lacks priority. Me First takes Pangoro's massive attack stat and ignores his mediocre speed to deal some (usually) massive damage to whatever Physcial Sweeper is foolish enough to try attacking you regardless of if Trick Room is active or not. Crunch is STAB and stops Pangoro from being Taunt bait. Fourth move is Substitute to get around nonpriority Will O Wisp or Toxic or during expected switches if using leftovers. But Substitute hasn't been as effective as I'd like so I'm thinking about changing it.

EH-HEH-HEM...
You just don't understand. I have used this thing to take down a Download Infernape, Aerilate Noivern, and an Aerilate D-Nite. With proper timing, you can take any setup sweeper down with this thing. Yes, I do realize that stalbreakers ruin it, so why send it out against one?

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
EH-HEH-HEM...
You just don't understand. I have used this thing to take down a Download Infernape, Aerilate Noivern, and an Aerilate D-Nite. With proper timing, you can take any setup sweeper down with this thing. Yes, I do realize that stalbreakers ruin it, so why send it out against one?
Lvl 2 pansage is destroyer of worlds. Endeavor + leech seed + recycle checks anything without priority or multihit

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Lvl 2 pansage is destroyer of worlds. Endeavor + leech seed + recycle checks anything without priority or multihit
Or hazards. Or sandstorm. Or hail. Or status and a damaging move. Or knock off.

EDIT: Or Trick/Switcheroo. Or grass types with rough skin/iron barbs.

I am currently running an Intimidate Gardevoir set that does really well vs weavile and other -ate mons.

Gardevoir (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Def
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Moonblast
- Wish

Intimidate is so it can survive a hit on the switch in. It also helps reduce most damage to just a little scratch. The EVs are so it can survive even more physical attacks. Fairy/Ghost/Electric coverage allows her to hit everything neutrally or super effectively. Wish is for you can predict your opponent switching out or if the damage their dealing to you is crap and you just want to heal it off.

I am currently running an Intimidate Gardevoir set that does really well vs weavile and other -ate mons.

Gardevoir (F) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SDef / 252 Def
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Moonblast
- Wish

Intimidate is so it can survive a hit on the switch in. It also helps reduce most damage to just a little scratch. The EVs are so it can survive even more physical attacks. Fairy/Ghost/Electric coverage allows her to hit everything neutrally or super effectively. Wish is for you can predict your opponent switching out or if the damage their dealing to you is crap and you just want to heal it off.
Wouldn't you want Hyper Voice since Gardevoir keeps Pixilate upon Mega Evolving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)