Almost Any Ability XY (Suspect Over: Weavile banned, Keldeo Stays)

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about Iron Fist <Pokemon that learns Element Punches>?

All of a sudden it makes weaker Pokemon like Furret more viable by being able to exploit the element punches.

Okay, I had storm drain zapdos to counter suicune/keldeo, but after getting smashed a couple times by volt absorb keldeo I've been thinking of using jellicent
But what can jellicent do to suicune or keldeo besides walling ?

Okay, I had storm drain zapdos to counter suicune/keldeo, but after getting smashed a couple times by volt absorb keldeo I've been thinking of using jellicent
But what can jellicent do to suicune or keldeo besides walling ?
It can smash keld with DG but it can't do anything offensively to suicunt

It can smash keld with DG but it can't do anything offensively to suicunt
The Damage Calculator said:
252+ SpA Choice Specs Jellicent Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Suicune: 214-254 (52.9 - 62.8%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Jellicent Energy Ball vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Keldeo: 262-310 (81.1 - 95.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Throb = wrong

Don't run both. Did you see my calcs? EB murders both Keld and Suicune (if you run Max SpAtk Modest Specs).
I know. I was thinking maybe it be worth running for conk or other fighting or dragon types. also you won't be running specs and sui would usually have at least +1 SpD and would if you were using specs on the second turn which cune will rest on giving it full HP and leaving only being able to 3HKO it.
tl;dr: Suicunt beats jellicent defensively 100% of the time.

also: +6 4 SpA Suicune Scald vs. 0 HP / 252 SpD Jellicent: 120-142 (35.1 - 41.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Crocunt can beat jelli offensively too(keep in mind this is specs jellicent so you can't heal)
However:
+6 4 SpA Suicune Scald vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Jellicent: 110-130 (27.2 - 32.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after burn damage
it can't do anything to defensive jellicent.
also, if you WoW a PH suicunt befor it gets poisoned you destroy it.

Would Drought Houndoom (and then evolving into Solar Power Mega Houndoom) work?

Houndoom @ Houndoominite
Ability: Drought
- Flamethrower/Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- SolarBeam
- Sludge Bomb/Destiny Bond/Sunny Day/Flame Charge

It'd work as a late game sweeper since Drought only lasts 5 turns. Drought would also lower the accuracy of Hurricane, a bonus in any game infested with Gale Wings everything.

Would Drought Houndoom (and then evolving into Solar Power Mega Houndoom) work?

Houndoom @ Houndoominite
Ability: Drought
- Flamethrower/Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- SolarBeam
- Sludge Bomb/Destiny Bond/Sunny Day/Flame Charge

It'd work as a late game sweeper since Drought only lasts 5 turns. Drought would also lower the accuracy of Hurricane, a bonus in any game infested with Gale Wings everything.
Yep that works. You could do the same thing with Drizzle Gyarados or Sand Stream Garchomp as well.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Sand Stream Garchomp Megavoling into Mega Garchomp is one of the scariest things on this earth. Good luck taking that hit without an immunity!

The only problem with Sand Force MChomp, is that it can barely scratch one of (if not the) most common physically defensive pokemon in this tier, Skarmory, and after that sand is gone, it's not coming back.

Anyways, after me, Kumi, Kl4ng, and word were thinking of possible drizzle users and I mentioned Hippowdon, here's a pair I thought up (and will probably be testing tomorrow) that I think would work great together in stall.

Hippowdon @ Damp Rock/Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Yawn / Toxic

Talk about a physical wall. This thing paired withed Drizzle walls Drought Victini, and hurts ChloroTrans ability to sweep. Stealth Rock and Slack Off make it an excellent user of Drizzle, as it can recover any damage from a switch in, and lay down hazards to put pressure on the opponent. Yawn can be used to force switches, or Toxic can be used to shut down walls on the other team.

Now, for it's partner...

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Wish
- Calm Mind / Protect
- Baton Pass
- Moonblast

This cute bugger counters the things Hippowdon can't. Suicune? Lol please. Keldeo? Try again. Additionally, Sylveon can wish pass (or even pass CM's!) to weak pokemon, with it's slow speed. Dry Skin makes it great under rain, healing as much as poison heal with Leftovers. Protect or CM can be used, the former to raise it's bulk and SpA even more, while the latter helps it survive easier. Really, these two look like they could be a new SkarmBliss, in theory. I'll be sure to try to get some replays tomorrow, but can't guarantee much.

252+ Atk Black Glasses Adaptability Bisharp Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 176-208 (41.9 - 49.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
68 SpA Zapdos Heat Wave vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hippowdon in Rain: 57-68 (13.5 - 16.1%) -- possible 7HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Adaptability Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon in Rain: 158-186 (37.6 - 44.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (Takes even less from Zen Headbutt)
252+ Atk Adaptability Heracross Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 180-212 (42.8 - 50.4%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Pure Power Medicham High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 166-196 (39.5 - 46.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Adaptability Terrakion Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 218-257 (51.9 - 61.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: 130-154 (32.9 - 39%) -- 0% chance to 4HKO after Dry Skin recovery and Leftovers recovery (LOL)
252 SpA Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Sylveon: 115-136 (29.1 - 34.5%) -- possible 6HKO after Dry Skin recovery and Leftovers recovery (LOL)
252 SpA Life Orb Azelf Psychic vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Sylveon: 149-177 (37.8 - 44.9%) -- 99.3% chance to 4HKO after Dry Skin recovery and Leftovers recovery (Protean Set)

Last edited:
The only problem with Sand Force MChomp, is that it can barely scratch one of (if not the) most common physically defensive pokemon in this tier, Skarmory, and after that sand is gone, it's not coming back.

Anyways, after me, Kumi, and word were thinking of possible drizzls users and I mentioned Hippowdon, here's a pair I thought up (and will probably be testing tomorrow) that I think would work great together in stall.

Hippowdon @ Damp Rock/Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Yawn / Toxic

Talk about a physical wall. This thing paired withed Drizzle walls Drought Victini, and completely shuts down ChloroTran. Stealth Rock and Slack Off make it an excellent user of Drizzle, as it can recover any damage from a switch in, and lay down hazards to put pressure on the opponent. Yawn can be used to force switches, or Toxic can be used to shut down walls on the other team.

Now, for it's partner...

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 SpA
- Wish
- Calm Mind / Protect
- Baton Pass
- Moonblast

This cute bugger counters the things Hippowdon can't. Suicune? Lol please. Keldeo? Try again. Additionally, Sylveon can wish pass (or even pass CM's!) to weak pokemon, with it's slow speed. Dry Skin makes it great under rain, healing as much as poison heal with Leftovers. Protect or CM can be used, thr former to raise it's bulk and SpA even more, while the latter helps it survive easier. Really, these two look like they could be a new SkarmBliss, in theory. I'll be sure to try to get some replays tomorrow, but can't guarantee much.

I was going to post calcs here, but my phone doesn't seem to like that decision. So... thoughts? Like I said, this is completely untested as of yet, and I have no idea how it'd do in the current metagame.
I was there too </3

You should probably run max physical defense on Sylveon though, since it can't counter Keldeo otherwise (Choice Specs Adaptability Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Sylveon: (50 - 58.8%) compared to Choice Specs Adaptability Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: (32.9 - 39%). Physical bulk is also better in general since Fairy is a typing suited to walling more physical threats, despite Sylveon's base stats saying otherwise.

I wouldn't say Hippowdon shuts down Chlorotran either since Choice Specs Heatran Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hippowdon in Rain: (62.3 - 73.8%), not to mention flash cannon, though it does do a good job at hard walling physical Victini.

If you want a Drizzle user that can take down almost every sun abuser I'd recommend Latias. Victini can't touch it apart from Glaciate which is a pathetic move, and Heatran won't be able to do anything after a bit of special investment (252+ SpA Choice Specs Heatran Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 100 SpD Latias: 159-187 (43.6 - 51.3%), for example)

I was there too </3

You should probably run max physical defense on Sylveon though, since it can't counter Keldeo otherwise (Choice Specs Adaptability Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Sylveon: (50 - 58.8%) compared to Choice Specs Adaptability Keldeo Secret Sword vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Sylveon: (32.9 - 39%). Physical bulk is also better in general since Fairy is a typing suited to walling more physical threats, despite Sylveon's base stats saying otherwise.

I wouldn't say Hippowdon shuts down Chlorotran either since Choice Specs Heatran Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hippowdon in Rain: (62.3 - 73.8%), not to mention flash cannon, though it does do a good job at hard walling physical Victini.

If you want a Drizzle user that can take down almost every sun abuser I'd recommend Latias. Victini can't touch it apart from Glaciate which is a pathetic move, and Heatran won't be able to do anything after a bit of special investment (252+ SpA Choice Specs Heatran Flash Cannon vs. 252 HP / 100 SpD Latias: 159-187 (43.6 - 51.3%), for example)
Sorry D: and yeah, about Sylveon, I was debating between the investment or not. Also, I did see Drizzle Latias today, but I thought the SR/Recovery (plus how Sylveon and Hippowdon seem to work well together nicely) would benefit a stall team more. Will edit the ChloroTran thing. Perhaps a Skarmory/Sylveon/Hippowdon core would work even better, for Skarmory to take care of any rare things that counter these two, and Hippowdon's electric immunity, while forcing opposing Zapdos' (that aren't magic bounce) out with toxic or yawn.

Last edited:

OLD GREGG (im back baby)

old gregg for life
I like the Syvledon core, build around it... It has great potential. Include some pokemon that have key resistances to Steel, Water, Fire, and Grass. Maybe a Regen Scizor and Regen Goodra to take on things that would threaten your core. Just a suggestion..

4 SpA Mega Garchomp Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 248-292 (74.2 - 87.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

OLD GREGG (im back baby)

old gregg for life
Also while I'm here, I would like to mention that Regen is easily one of the best abilities. I am especially partial to Regen Jolteon with choice specs... The speed, power, and ability to recover are excellent. One of the best pivots in this entire meta.

I like the Syvledon core, build around it... It has great potential. Include some pokemon that have key resistances to Steel, Water, Fire, and Grass. Maybe a Regen Scizor and Regen Goodra to take on things that would threaten your core. Just a suggestion..
There's almost no steel special attacker and hippo can easily take the phisical threats.
Sylveon has the key resistance to water
Rain is the key resistance to fire
grass ? I don't see any threatening grass types and sylveon can take most of them.
But yeah, most sheer force + LO users can kill this core. But that's why we have rain and swift swim abusers to maintain an offensive pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)