Alomomola (Analysis)

I know some people said something about a Calm Mind set some times, but here is my idea. I used it a lot on the smogon server from PO and it has won me a lot off battles. Off course it is best viable in a drizzle team.

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Hydration
EV's: 228 HP / 252 Def / 28 SpD
* Calm Mind
* Rest
* Scald
* Psychic

with the EV's you can actually survive a lot off things.

CB Adamant Haxorus with Outrage does: 55.68% - 65.53%
LO Jolly Excadrill at +2 with EQ does: 82.01% - 96.78%

After 1 CM not even a Modest Latios, with max Special Attack and Choice Specs, can OHKO you with Draco Meteor: 84.66% - 99.62%

You can easily staal out all these pokés with Rest if you like. after 1 CM Scald can even do a lot off damage to Excadrill, not to mention the Burn Chance.

I use Psychic over anything else, just to take care off some treads. Conkeldurr has no way off winning against my Alomomola when they start off equally.

Off course these calcs are done for the worst situations. In real battles they dont have those big stats at all. For example are most Latios Timid instead off Modest. And Haxorus are more common in their Jolly Nature ^^

For the rest I think you can certainly do more with Alomomola. Just 1 set seems a bit low.

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I know some people said something about a Calm Mind set some times, but here is my idea. I used it a lot on the smogon server from PO and it has won me a lot off battles. Off course it is best viable in a drizzle team.

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Hydration
EV's: 228 HP / 252 Def / 28 SpD
* Calm Mind
* Rest
* Scald
* Psychic

with the EV's you can actually survive a lot off things.

CB Adamant Haxorus with Outrage does: 55.68% - 65.53%
LO Jolly Excadrill at +2 with EQ does: 82.01% - 96.78%

After 1 CM not even a Modest Latios, with max Special Attack and Choice Specs, can OHKO you with Draco Meteor: 84.66% - 99.62%

You can easily staal out all these pokés with Rest if you like. after 1 CM Scald can even do a lot off damage to Excadrill, not to mention the Burn Chance.

I use Psychic over anything else, just to take care off some treads. Conkeldurr has no way off winning against my Alomomola when they start off equally.

Off course these calcs are done for the worst situations. In real battles they dont have those big stats at all. For example are most Latios Timid instead off Modest. And Haxorus are more common in their Jolly Nature ^^

For the rest I think you can certainly do more with Alomomola. Just 1 set seems a bit low.
You're 2HKOed by the attacks listed.

prem

failed abortion
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
you do know latios OHKOs you with hazard support with draco meteor, and with thunder its probably a clean ohko

you do know latios OHKOs you with hazard support with draco meteor, and with thunder its probably a clean ohko
Not after 1 Calm Mind

Then Draco does 90% at maximum. I do realise you don't need to switch in on a Latios you know. 76,89% - 90,53% (With Choice Specs)

The thing is that they switch in Latios on your Alomomola (while you use CM)

Thunder has a small chance off OHKO'ing Alomomola after 1 CM (but only when Latios is Specs) 87,88% - 103,79%

(since Alomomola was allready in play, the damage from SR is nullified)

You need to realise to what you are playing. When your opponent has a Drizzle Team, then Latios will probably have Thunder. Most Latios' outside Rain don't have it.

By resting up once at Latios' move, you can figure out his strategy and counter it easily.

Draco Meteor becomes weaker and weaker off course. When he used Thunder, you just switch out to your Ground Type (Who doesnt have 1 on his team)

[SET]
name: Wish Support
move 1: Wish
move 2: Protect
move 3: Waterfall / Aqua Jet
move 4: Toxic
item: Leftovers
ability: Hydration
evs: 108 HP / 176 Def / 224 SpD
nature: Impish
I think Soak should deserve a mention as an alternative to Waterfall / Aqua Jet.

It grants Alomomola the ability to hit every poke she faces with Toxic, except for ones with Immunity. It'd be a very useful thing to have on Stall teams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)