ORAS LC American Beauty/American Psycho

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
^This is good^

^This is good^
AMERICAN BEAUTY HIDDEN MESSAGES FOR Y'ALL
Y'ALL IN FOR A RIDE....AMERICAN PSYCHO
Evening! I'm Berkeley, I'm new, I like Fall Out Boy, I like Pokemon and I hate Oxford Commas.

I got myself tutored in LC by basedtutor Mambo and just a month later I got that + lol nvm

I built a team around Numel and Deino because they're cuties <3

#donthate #appreciate

TEAM.....TABLE SHOULD GET SMOGON Y/N
ABS IS RACIST I THINK?..BUILDING

Beauty/Psycho. Get it? Cause Deino's just sorta a goth-lookin' Numel.

Guess who can't stop Fighting types? Numel and Deino. Guess who can? Ponyta.

Water types thrash me at this point and I have no rocks. Lileep is also super fly; this is not disputable.

Fairies are scary. Waters are still scary. Porygon is scary. Skrelp is scary. Timburr is scary.
Enter EQGunk, a.k.a. ChainzGunk/ganjaGunk/Gunklord.

Nothing remains to be beaten. (t)RickrollFloon came into being in Week 2 of SPLC at the hands of Mambo;
I was given the set and changed it a little. It also Defogs silly hazards so Pony can swag it up.

UPDATED

BTW I animated the gen5s
SETS.....BAN AJERNEJCIC Y/N
SUSPECT RATTATA IMO.....DESCRIPTIONS
^ Name References ^
Back Sprites are edgy™

@

American Beauty (Numel) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Simple
Level: 5
EVs: 36 HP / 116 Def / 156 SpA / 156 SpD
Calm Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power
- Will-O-Wisp

Numel is a cutie and a beauty <3 and it's got a super fun offensive typing - think PDonner - which works pretty nice defensively too. A bulky set is the obvious move here to capitalize on good attacking stats and good defensive typing. In terms of attacks, we have our STABs, Ancient Power for nabbing Archen and haxxing the win and Wisp for some added physical bulk and to catch Corphish/Vanha on the switch. Numel doesn't need rocks or your sass.

@

American Psycho (Deino) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 20 HP / 236 Atk / 36 Def / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Zen Headbutt

Deino is so hotdamned psychotic it misses all the time. When Deino chills tf down enough to hit, it wrecks folks like no other. Poor defensive stats relegate it to a purely offensive role, so don't go switching it in on anything other than guaranteed Psychics. We have our STABs and the most powerful coverage options that sit at 100% accuracy (cause I would totally run Hustle Head Smash). Deino is also really cool with Numel, cause Numel can trash Steels and resists Fairy. I just wish it got U-Turn like its older brothers, that'd be so much better than Zen Headbutt. Deino kicks ass and takes names.

@

Full Full Truth (Ponyta) @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 116 HP / 156 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Toxic
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

Ponyta deserves S rank, and I believe that with the entirety of my being. On account of a obvious great suggestion from Bri, Pony now features Toxic to put Chou and other Ponies on timers. This is full Defense Pony, the best Pawn stop, the best Fighterbeater, the best f'over-er of physical mons. Dual Status means there's always something to cripple, Flare Blitz finishes, and Morning Sun keeps up the morning fun. Pony doubles as a secondary Fletch check, just get be sure to get rocks out of the picture. You want the truth? Pony dgaf 'bout you.

@

Cough Medicine (Lileep) @ Eviolite
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 148 HP / 220 Def / 28 SpA / 60 SpD / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Ancient Power
- Stealth Rock

Hi, it's Vince from ShamWow, you'll be saying WOW everytime! Lileep soaks up Water like no otha brotha. Use it to patch up a 4x weakness, use it to set up rocks, do whatever you want and Leep is there to do it better. I'm a fan of missing, I'm a fan of haxxing, I'm a fan of RNG. Ancient Power can really win you a game, but that's not the idea of Lileep. Lileep beats Shell Smashers, beats Fletch, beats Archen and has a good time. It lets Pony and Numel catch a breath about Water and can't be touched by Chinchou. If there was an LC version of the Bastille, it wouldn't be Lileep cause that crap got taken over by peasants. French scrubs. Lileep is Bastille 5: Better Than B4. In order to become additionally fat, I implemented the second EV spread suggested by cityfolk.

@

Altar Boy (Mienfoo) @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Acrobatics

Bulky Foo is a good check to other Fighting types when paired with Acrobatics. This addition, which is courtesy of kingmidas, gives the team a dedicated Knock Off absorber and removes the additional Ground weakness that Croagunk originally brought to the team. In the words of km:
"The second change would be Acrobatics Mienfoo>Croagunk. While this makes you more skrelp weak, if you take into account cityfolks rate, you should be able to handle it."
I do miss ganjaGunk tho.

@

Best Worst Thing (Archen) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 76 HP / 180 Atk / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

A newcomer from Goddess Briyella's rate, I'll insert her comments here:
"I'd like to suggest replacing Drifloon with Offensive Archen. Hazard removal is already accounted for by Drilbur, and Lileep carries Stealth Rock, which allows Archen to go totally offensive. Most importantly, this fits a much-needed Fletchling check onto the team, and this one doesn't have to worry about being trapped by Diglett either. Archen's ability to keep Fletchling at bay, as well as the extra Knock Off support alongside [Mienfoo], softens up the opposition and opens a way for Hustle Deino to sweep more reliably."
BIG OL'..............#GETREKT LOL
HOW DO I LINK RICK ROLL WITHOUT IT TURNING BLUE.......THREATS

GROUND TYPES
Actually not too much of a problem anymore, but Diglett can still beat 1/3 of the team. Gotta live with that, I guess.

PSYCHIC TYPES
They wouldn't be a problem if they didn't run Dazzling Gleam, didn't run HP Fight and didn't completely obliterate Numel.

SHELL SMASH DWEBBLE
Mienfoo is only hit neutrally by EQ, and can usually avoid the 2HKO. No longer a problem thanks to good ol' AcroFoo.

IMPORTABLE....THANKS FOR READING
HAVE A GOOD DAY......SHOUTOUTS

s/o

Mambo's had enough at this point, but cool tutor is cool

Table isn't on Smogon but she wants to be my friend so
[23:06:26] Table: You can mention me anyways :)

trash for rmt-ing like right at the same time gdi

Shaymin :D and Water Drone for analysing of cute dinosaurs

That's it I'm new lol

American Beauty (Numel) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Simple
EVs: 36 HP / 116 Def / 156 SpA / 156 SpD
Calm Nature
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Ancient Power
- Will-O-Wisp

American Psycho (Deino) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 20 HP / 236 Atk / 36 Def / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Outrage
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Zen Headbutt

Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Toxic
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

Cough Medicine (Lileep) @ Eviolite
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 148 HP / 220 Def / 28 SpA / 60 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Recover
- Ancient Power
- Stealth Rock

Altar Boy (Mienfoo) @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Acrobatics

Best Worst Thing (Archen) @ Berry Juice
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Bonus creds if you found the hidden messages

Thanks muchly!​

Last edited:

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
The Progression of Berks

This is a post I'm adapting to track all of the stuff I've done here on Smogon. It'll include all of the stuff I'm proud of on this website, all of which is centered around my favorite metagame, Little Cup! Also, do me a favor, and don't read too much into the incredible yet ridiculously cringe-inducing prose you see in the RMT above you. It was a product of a different time! (It's actually really funny to go back and read, cause ... wow.) Anyway, here's the stuff; it's mostly in chronological order, so you can follow me on my journey to being a decent user!

=========

Contributions and Corrections
Member of the LC C&C QC Team
Author of The Little Cup C&C Process [ORAS]

ORAS LC Analyses

a
SuMo LC Analyses

=========

The Flying Press
Member of the LC TFP QC Team
LC Spotlight: Snivy
LC Suspect Coverage: Drifloon

The Little Cup Handbook™ Chapter One: Underused Pokémon
The Little Cup Handbook™ Chapter Two: The S-Ranks
The Little Cup Handbook™ Chapter Three: Smashing!

=========

Little Cup Subforum Threads
[ORAS] Insert Innovation Here - Creative Movesets 2.0
[ORAS] LC Other Metagames Hub
[ORAS] LCPL 5 Replays & Records
[ORAS] Know Your Niche
[SuMo] LC Roles Compendium

=========

RMTs
Disclaimer: The first two RMTs were posted under a different username, Good Morgan. Long story short, I have a really hard time picking usernames online, and I didn't know the name change thread existed. I sorted it out with some mods, and now I'm the one, the only, H&MBerkeley Berks.
s

XY LC - Pleasure in the Pathless Woods
This team showcased two threats introduced in XY and somehow was picked for Team Showcase. You would not believe the amount of time I put into this one! Overall, I'm especially proud of this as my first RMT on the site, and I think it looks especially aesthetically sound.

ORAS LC - Dreamers of the Day
The sequel is never really as good as the original. Take Two™ in the tryhard department came with a less original, less sound team that ultimately failed to do anything significant.

ORAS LC - American Beauty/American Psycho
Good heavens, this RMT has Mambo written all over it. No disrespect to Mambo, but I sure am glad I got out of that phase! Anyway, this team is incredibly poor, but it's the first thread I created as H&MBerkeley and it was a fun RMT to put together. My building has definitely come a long way since then!

ORAS LC - Strawberry Stall
This is a team I tried to put together for Week Two of the first LCPL I ever played in! Unfortunately, I wasn't that good at battling yet, and the team is a stall team; essentially, I was doomed to fail. I like the team though, mostly because it signifies a step forward in my development as a player - but, also, because it's very cute.

ORAS LC - Kit BoltBody and the Tough Boy Squad
This is the best team I had built by myself at this point (the next RMT was already built with Shrug) and I feel it's the first really solid team I RMT'd. Granted, I had to ask PS chat what I should do ("just add Gothita and hazard stack" - Fiend), but I still feel really good about this one. It won an LC Open match and a bunch of roomtours and it has fun nicknames and I love it.

ORAS LC - Berkeley Shrugged
This is by far the best, most successful team I've ever had a hand in creating; even better is that I made it with my good friend Shrug. It carried me through an entire LC Suspect Tour, and Shrug has gotten his fair share out of it as well. That success got the team into the Team Showcase, which was absolutely deserved in my opinion! Rock Polish Cranidos is my starchild; it's so good in ORAS! If you're gonna steal a single team from me in your Smogon career, make sure it's this one. Hell, it even still works in SuMo!

ORAS LC - ★GOAO: are you ★GOAO: double scarf
My favorite item is the Choice Scarf. I like it so much, I decided to create an entire team of Pokemon that I thought used the Choice Scarf to its fullest. Turns out, this meme of a team is actually pretty solid, and it's really fun to ladder with! Somehow, this disesteemed scheme to create a supreme themed meme team seemed to redeem into a gleaming dream!

ORAS LC - for my fisted friends.
I made this team for an important game I played against ZoroDark in LCPL 5. I lost (big surprise) but the team was okay. I mostly put this RMT up because the badged LC Team Raters need sustenance every once in a while, and I was bored. It's nothing special!

SM LC - LIFE
Guys, this is actually a good team too! Or, at least, that's what Fiend says! Rufflet got buffed and Vullaby is really good, so I wanted to use them in my first team of the new generation! Since I also am known for my RMTs (according to Nineage) I also decided to be the first person to post an SM LC RMT. It ended up becoming a sample team, which I am actually really really proud of! Let's just hope we don't end up banning Diglett or Vullaby!

Last edited:
I like the team name and ideas, but what on earth is that lileep spread? I'd recommend 68 hp/220+ defense/220 special defense with a bold nature, or 148 hp/220+ defense/28 spatk/60 spdef/12 speed with a bold nature. I also wish croagunk at least had sucker punch or vacuum wave since you lack priority. However I think the rest of the team is cute and really great! 7.5/10

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
Hi there, H&MBerkeley!

This is an interesting team you've put together here, and I have a few suggestions that should improve the performance of it. The main issue here is that this team has problems with Swords Dance Fletchling, and there are other team improvements I have in mind too that should help overall.

->

Drilbur @ Eviolite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 212 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Tomb
- Swords Dance

I'd like to suggest replacing Numel with Drilbur as your Ground-type. You already have a Fire-type attacker and burn inducer in Ponyta, and now your Ground-type is also faster and has Rapid Spin to remove hazards. Stealth Rock is already accounted for by Lileep, which is fine because it heavily damages most hazard removers anyway. This serves as a better check to the Shell Smash Dwebble you listed as a threat, as +2 X-Scissor only has a 6.3% chance to OHKO Drilbur ,and Dwebble Sturdy can be overridden courtesy of Mold Breaker; that said, Shell Smash Dwebble is reasonably rare and the hazard set is the one most often used anyway.

Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Hypnosis -> Toxic
- Will-O-Wisp
- Morning Sun

Your current Ponyta set is completely walled by opposing Fire-types, and Wild Charge would be absorbed by the common switch-in Chinchou as well, so I'd like to recommend Toxic here over Hypnosis. Not only is the accuracy more reliable, but it sets a timer on Chinchou and other Fire-types so that they can be worn down and beaten.

->

Archen @ Berry Juice
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

I'd like to suggest replacing Drifloon with Offensive Archen. Hazard removal is already accounted for by Drilbur, and Lileep carries Stealth Rock, which allows Archen to go totally offensive. Most importantly, this fits a much-needed Fletchling check onto the team, and this one doesn't have to worry about being trapped by Diglett either. Archen's ability to keep Fletchling at bay, as well as the extra Knock Off support alongside Croagunk, softens up the opposition and opens a way for Hustle Deino to sweep more reliably.

As for the other threats you listed, Lileep handles Ground-types just fine if played carefully and Deino can sweep through Psychic-types (after something else breaks Abra's Focus Sash).

This concludes my rate! I hope you found my suggestions useful and I wish you luck with your team! :)

Hey H&M, this is a very interesting team you have here, and I feel like you very nicely showed innovation and nice team structure, but at the same time I feel theres space for improvement, like on every team!
weak
My first change would be would be Spritzee over Ponyta as you're already have a fire type, and if paired with a diglett you're utterly doomed unless you make some incredible plays, heres the set.

Spritzee @ Eviolite
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 212 HP / 196 Def / 12 SpA / 76 SpD / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast

Has great synergy with your team and is just great overall.

The second change would be Acrobatics Mienfoo>Croagunk. While this makes you more skrelp weak, if you take into account cityfolks rate, you should be able to handle it.

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- acrobatics
gl I don't really need to make other changes.

Berks

has a Calm Mind
Sorry it took so long to get back to y'all! Thanks for the rates!

I'll go over every rate and let you know how it's lookin!

aj: pure gold

city: I used the second spread for Leep to hit 9 speed, a speed I like much better than 8. I also replaced KO with Sucker Punch on Gunk, cause now I have KO Archen

bri: first off, super rate/10 imo. As it stands, I'm not keen to swap out Numel (I'd be better with switching out Deino tbh). I also put Toxic on Pony and added offensive Archen per your suggestion

km: originally I had spritzee in the pony slot, but Spritz is a bit too passive for me. I am in love with AcroFoo though. best foo/10

All changes can be found in Rehab or in the Graveyard in the second third post

Holiday

on my best behavior
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Biggest problem with the team is that Save Rock and Roll was a better album lmao.

I commend you for using lesser used pokes. Definitely an interesting team I will try out sometime.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hey i was playing with your team a bit and it was pretty fine but had a few problems.

BU timbur can be a pain to your team. I got swept by it a couple times when it started setting up on me. I agree with kingmidas with switching Ponyta to Spritzee. Spritzee also provides wish support for numel and cleric support.

Another possible problem that comes with switching out Pony for Spritzee is your team is then CM spritzee weak. I was using Ponyta to handle it but without it, it be pretty hard to beat. Possibly switching back to Gunk could help but I'll test some of this out and get back to you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)