NOC Amnesiac Mafia Game 1 - N2

Status
Not open for further replies.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
The ruler of all organized crime in Forgetsville, The Don, used the highly experimental element Mafiosium to cause everyone to forget who they were! He and his lackeys must pay for their actions on the noose, especially since they're planning to wipe out the good people of Forgetsville, leaving only a wretched hive! Luckily, Forgetsville is an absolutely tiny town, so it was easy to find records of everyone who lived there and surprisingly, their alignment:

Villagers:

Miles Ayor: This guy sleeps like a rock at night, so he has no night action, but his confidence allows him to fill in thrice as many ballots whenever he votes on something - perhaps related to his position as mayor of Forgetsville. (Mayor whose votes count for three)

Virgil Ante: Virgil Ante is a man hunting down the mafia, as they murdered his parents. But he's just not a very confident person - to murder someone, he has to target them to gather his confidence to kill them one night, and when he has, he can target them on any subsequent night to kill them. (vigilante - kills a target they've already targeted a previous night, does nothing the first target.)

Dr. P. Sychiatrist: An expert in restoring people's repressed memories, Dr. P restores the memories of her target. (sends their target their role pm)

The Watcher: The cosmic but decidedly mortal entity only known as the watcher can follow someone around at night and use a psychic link to inform everyone by whom that person was approached. (Announces the names of everyone who targeted their target, except themselves.)

Staunch McOmniguard: The gruff, bearded face of this short but stout man is enough to scare off virtually anyone who tries to approach his target. (Prevents everything, bad and good, from working on the target)

Perry Sonaltrainer: Perry Sonaltrainer's trained himself personally into a personal trainer. This personal training enables him to force his target to target themselves (makes their target target themselves, cannot redirect kills)

Mafia:

The Don: The Big Man Himself, The Don is an unquestionably evil man bent on the destruction of all who do not obey him. That's why he made everyone else, even his own followers, forget who they were, and goes around murdering folks. (Standard killer, knows he is mafia)

Steven Terry Ferdinand Umami a.k.a. Silencer: This guy greatly enjoys silence. That's why he carries around a chloroform rag: so he can shut people up. Kind of a weird habit really. (standard silencer, second in line to inherit the don's role.)

Harold Ooker: This man is simply distracting. (standard hooker, first in line to inherit The Don's role.)

• You may not communicate about the game outside of the thread.
  • A player cannot target themselves, but may at night PM internet and vonFiedler with "Night X - Target USER". If you idle, say so.
  • If you are silenced, do not speak in the thread under any circumstances for the duration. Godkilling yourself intentionally or threatening to are not allowed.
  • No post editing.
  • Bold vote in order to lynch people.
  • Feel free to ask any questions about how priority works! It uses my usual logic puzzle format.

ALIVE
UncleSam
jumpluff zorbees
Yeti
Blazade
Walrein
rssp1
Flyhn
Ditto
askaninjask

It is now Night 0. There are no kills, however, the Godfather may still target a player just to make it appear as if they targeted that player (on n0 only).

Deadline is in 48 hours. NO EXTENSIONS. This is not difficult.

No talking at night.

Last edited:

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Everyone sent in their actions.

You wake up, and shortly afterward realize your memories still aren't back. Seems like the memory loss isn't short term. You open up your dream journal, and try to remember what you dreamed about. All you remember is someone came to you in a dream, and told you the watcher spotted Flyhn. You go through your morning routine and then head out to the town hall, for a busy day of figuring out who caused all this and ideally lynching them, and not someone else.

It is now day 1. day 1 will last for 72 hours.

Notifications (silence, psychiatrist, failed actions) are all out.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
that means flyhn targeted person X, who the watcher person Y also targeted, right? means flyhn isn't mayor or godfather or watcher. unless the godfather could "use" a kill n0 that wouldn't hit anyone. otherwise flyhn couldn't have targeted.

we can claim our results right? so if person X never posts then the watcher can say yo flyhn is silencer?

let's get everyone to post first and see who doesn't.

only one person can be silenced u idling cucks so don't 3 of u try and fake it smfh.

K so it's probably not a good idea to claim a lot of info publicly since the mafia learning a lot isn't so good.

Like if your action failed and you claim it the hooker knows who they are (likely, since there are a few ways an action can fail), or if you know your role PM there's no reason to get yourself killed over it.

The only thing that could potentially be useful is Flyhn claiming his target so that the watcher can know themselves. I'm unsure whether it's better to do this before or after we find out who's silenced but my gut says it doesn't matter much and I think it should be done.

Yeti

dark saturday
oh flyhn also cant be og or he'd have blocked the watcher

I also forgot watcher wouldn't know they targeted person X alongside flyhn unless he says who person X is LOLz

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Am on phone but Yeti I think that based on the OP Flyhn could still be Godfather

I think this game ought to be played like cop 5 and we should force everyone to claim their targets and results and basically just narrow down who could possibly be clean, thing is 2/3 of the mafia will tell the truth and help us without knowing it because they don't know they are mafia so I really think that it's in most peoples best interests to claim results and targets

I want people to give input on this however before we just start mass claiming stuff

Yeti

dark saturday
well yall know I aint the godfather cause I sure af didn't read that line lmfao

ok so flyhn can be:
gf
silencer
hooker

or

vig
psych
ptrainer

50-50 of him being mafia after n0 that's not bad I guess.

Flyhn who did you target n0

Am on phone but Yeti I think that based on the OP Flyhn could still be Godfather

I think this game ought to be played like cop 5 and we should force everyone to claim their targets and results and basically just narrow down who could possibly be clean, thing is 2/3 of the mafia will tell the truth and help us without knowing it because they don't know they are mafia so I really think that it's in most peoples best interests to claim results and targets

I want people to give input on this however before we just start mass claiming stuff
I thought about massclaim and I still think it hurts more than it helps because the mafia will figure out which failure was because of them etc. After a single mislynch they can tie us in votes if they have a bead on the mayor which is easy to figure out with full massclaim especially since the mayor could easily be lynched themselves for being inconsistent.

The existance of an OG makes things a little better for us but whether massclaim helps or hurts is very swingy and context dependent. If it happens all targets need to be claimed before any results are and there needs to be a systematic sequence to catch liars/ccers

In short, it's a big risk.

I agree claiming is a very poor strat since our parity is very close. Remember 3 people today could potentially know their roles, and that's before important results.

Don't have much time right now but you can't c5 this because of the maf:vil ratio resting so heavily on certain roles. C5 is orderly.

I believe we can lynch today but only off results. Remember psych could've informed maf who they are when you read posts.

Re Flyhn, does the watcher actually prove anything? Do targets only work if you have a role, excluding the silent kill on the godfather n0? internet vonFiedler

Yeti

dark saturday
flyhn had to have targeted the same person as the watcher, it's not tracker. which means he has some capability of night role. so it proves roles he can't be.

yo sam pls like all my posts too don't let valk best you at this!!!!!!

Ditto

/me huggles
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello everyone,

This is a long post. A really long post. A post that has no need to be this long. When you see this post you will immediately be intimidated. You will think, “Man, Ditto has this shit figured out.” And you’re correct I do. That’s clear from the sheer volume of this post. All of you will want to be me. All of your women will want me instead of you. There is only a single exception to this fate and that is Uncle Sam. Due to the fact that his woman is playing in the game, she falls under the first condition and therefore wants to be me. Following suit, this means that any of women Yeti might currently in possession of will want me instead of her. And this is only the first paragraph of this long, long post.

You see now that I’ve divided my post into multiple paragraphs. This simple fact should send paralyzing fear down your spine. If you suddenly lose the ability to use your legs, then you are reading this post properly. I only hope you never dreamed of being a dancer. A post with different outlined paragraphs shows that I’ve clearly thought through everything before I made it. It shows my superiority and mastery of this game. It signifies that I have figured out the entire game already. You are all lightyears behind me. One day you will realize that you only understand one thing about this game. One small piece of insight. And that is that fact that I’ve already won.

At this point, it’s time for my longest post, signifying my most important points. A song can make or ruin a person’s day if they let it get to them. Is it free? Sometimes, all you need to do is completely make an ass of yourself and laugh it off to realize that life isn’t so bad after all. She borrowed the book from him many years ago and hasn't yet returned it. If the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy had babies would they take your teeth and leave chocolate for you? My Mom tries to be cool by saying that she likes all the same things that I do. They got there early, and they got really good seats. Joe made the sugar cookies; Susan decorated them. We need to rent a room for our party. Two seats were vacant. Wow, does that work? She did not cheat on the test, for it was not the right thing to do.

If you’ve made it this far into the post on your first read, then I commend you. You’ve passed the first test. In your next post, add the text “Ditto, my king. Please take mercy on my soul.” If you do this, I might consider it. Any who do not post this in their immediate post will be seen as hostile threats to my glory and unfit to play this game, let alone attempt to win it. I would also like to take this time to say, in the event of my death I bequeath my huggles and the rest of my estate to no one. None of you are worthy enough.

Lastly, I think it is time to address the elephant in the room. I would like to address the rumors that have been circling about. The length of this post is in no way an attempt to compensate for the alleged lack of length of something else. Those allegations are baseless and rude. It’s a perfectly normal size in some animal species. And in others still it would be seen as a beast in its own right. So I want to hear no more of that.

With that, let us begin this farce. Good luck my fellow contestants, and may the best man win. I assure you, I already have.

TL;DR: TL;DR

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
I'm of the opinion that Flyhn should definitely say who he targeted so that the watcher can start to figure themself out. Here's hoping there weren't 18 people targeting Flyhn's target lol.

agreeing that massclaiming this early is a bad idea

Regarding what Flyhn can be, it's important to note that he can only be the vigilante if the vigilante phantom-targets on N0 like the godfather does (@vonfielder pls confirm?), and that he can only be the personal trainer if his target was the mayor (who wouldn't show up to the watcher for obvious reasons) or the watcher himself. Basically I find him being PT very unlikely.

Ampharos

I think claiming results, but not targets, might be a good idea. Would help us figure out our own roles and progress this towards a more traditional scumhunting game (and I mean we've got some pretty good scumhunters in this group, I think that's beneficial for us).

thoughts?

Ampharos

oh guess i should lrn2read

also whoever got hooked shouldn't claim for obvious reasons, results that would be given by village roles should claim those

I think claiming results, but not targets, might be a good idea. Would help us figure out our own roles and progress this towards a more traditional scumhunting game (and I mean we've got some pretty good scumhunters in this group, I think that's beneficial for us).

thoughts?
Results not targets helps like only mafia that's worse than targets not results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)