Announcing Smogon Tour - Season Nine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Dude you really need to learn to read rules. The Tour isnt a tournament like the Smogon Tournament, the Tour happens every single week until R1 ends, and sign up threads are posted one in Friday, one in Saturday and one in Sunday, so yes, you will be able to join tomorrow AND suday if you please, since you can join 2 of them per week.

There will be a seperate thread for each tournament for each day, and will be kept open until the tournament reaches the maximum amount of people (which really doesn't even take that long in these tournaments). Spots go VERY quickly so get in there as close to the thread opening time as possible.

i wanna join

Hello Pokemon fans! It's that time... another chance for Pokemon players around the world to claim fame in the most exciting competitive Pokemon tournament series in the world... The Smogon Tour!

The Smogon Tour this year will proceed much as it did last season. Players will compete in three distinct metagames defined by Smogon's tiering structure: OU, UU, and UBER.

Tours this season will be held every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday starting on the weekend of FEBRUARY 19th, 20th, AND 21st.

In response to requests from a bunch of users, we are going to try changing the time of the Saturday tour to 4:00pm eastern. The thought is that this time still works for most North Americans (our largest constituency) while being more accessible for our European friends.

In addition, to help Europe further, the Sunday tour will be the "large" one this season instead of the Friday tour. If these changes don't appear to be working after the first couple weeks... then I will make adjustments.

Users may still only play in 2 tours per week.

Jesus, these things fill up way too fast. Sucks for those of us who have to wait for all the lag to die down when trying to register.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Ok this thread is closed because we all know that the tour is now in full swing. I'm also pretty sure I might throw up if someone else posts "in" in this thread so I'm just going to close it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)