Apprentice Program: Round Eight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Ok, we are ready to begin Round Eight of the tutoring program; it will last for the next 3 weeks ending on SEPTEMBER 10TH! I've decided to make this round a week longer to facilitate a more in-depth learning experience. If you are a NEW PLAYER and wish to get a tutor for this round all you have to do is post your profile in the format below. Tutors will be an excellent resource for you to learn Pokemon team building and battling strategies, as well as someone who can help "initiate" you into the Smogon Community. They are here for you...so take advantage!

Netbattle nick:
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!):
Experience level*:
A little about myself:
Generation(s) I want to learn:

*You don't have to be good...just willing to learn. So, don't be shy; Sign up now!

The tutors will view this thread and choose their apprentices based on the generations they want to learn and their regular online hours. Once they have made a choice, they will contact me through a PM and I will keep an updated list of tutors and their apprentices. Tutors will also PM the person they have chosen to teach and set up times to meet. Apprentices are also encouraged to be proactive in searching for their tutor.

If a tutor doesn't find a match, I will begin assigning the remaining tutors to appropriate apprentices. If you are still looking for a tutor after all tutors have been assigned...you have the option of looking through the tutor roster and PM'ing a suitable person (one who teaches the generation you want to learn and is online during similar hours) to ask them if they will take you on as a second apprentice. It's as simple as that!!

If at any point during this round you encounter a problem (difficulty getting together with your tutor, etc.), let me know and we will work to resolve the issue.

Round Eight Tutor/Apprentice Matches:

1. Nate / arthurmauk
2. husk1442 / MeleeMaster-Shiny Pokemon
3. Aeolus / minotaur
4. Cloggerdude / pressure the great
5. Jackal / MC50
6. latinoheat / Michael Jackson & Darth Wedel
7. Roy / DragonDance
8. ToP / da gold sun
9. Aeroblacktyl / Surgo
10. Yosuke / Lhotse
11. Kongler / Doomsday
12. Black Leather Jacket / Indigo_Assassin
13. pokemaniac15 / Asian-Mario
14. Justin8649 / Kater
15. Sir Chris / Malice Mizer
16. Giga Punch / lemonywickedawesome
17. Pokemon Professor / storm
18. Mekkah / tomasalmeida_93
19. Veteran in Love / TheMusicMan
20. Jumpman16 / Rocci1212
21. Warthog / Philbert
22. cholena / Havak
23. Council / zerowing1991
24. Anomalous / SpaceFlare & Raichu Rage
25. Bugsy23 / Ben Kenobi
26. Obi / Slisenberger
27. Steelicks / lordofgames
28. Acura / Pinion
29. cloud / Mammoth
30. skarm / Alamaster

Available Tutors:

Matched Tutors: Kongler ; ToP ; Jackal ; Mekkah ; Veteran in Love ; Justin8649 ; Aeolus ;Aeroblacktyl ; Warthog ; Cloggerdude ; pokemaniac15 ; Roy ; cholena ; husk1442 ; Pokemon Professor ; Jumpman16 ; Black Leather Jacket ; Nate ; Giga Punch ; latinoheat ; Sir Chris ; Yosuke ; Council ; Obi ; Bugsy23 ; Steelicks ; Acura ; skarm

Available Apprentices:

Matched Apprentices: arthurmauk ; MeleeMaster-Shiny Pokemon ; minotaur ; pressure the great ; MC50 ; Michael Jackson ; DragonDance ; Surgo ; Doomsday ; Indigo_Assassin ; Asian-Mario ; Kater ; Malice Mizer ; tomasalmeida_93 ; Philbert ; Havak ; lemonywickedawesome ; TheMusicMan ; Rocci1212 ; storm ; Lhotse ; da gold sun ; zerowing1991 ; Ben Kenobi ; Slisenberger ; Pinion ; Alamaster

Assigned to Mekkah

Netbattle nick: arthurmauk
Time zone: GMT (BST in London atm)
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 7am - 7pm since it's summer holidays, so I'm pretty flexible whenever you want to teach me.
Experience level*: I never played competitively during RBY and GSC, but I got into Netbattle three weeks ago and have been playing quite a bit. I've read lots of guides so I know the basics, but still need polishing with prediction, teambuilding, EV setting, etc.
A little about myself: I like Magic, video gaming, Pokemon. I'm a quick learner.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Advance OU, maybe a little UU if we finish the course quickly.

Assigned to husk1442

Netbattle nick: Hi-Fi
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): I don't know EDT(sorry), but in EST, 6:30AM-8AM and 5PM-11PM(cuz of school starting tomorrow)
Experience level*: I'm decent. I've got prediction down, I mainly need help with Team Building.
A little about myself: Well... I'm going to the 7th grade...
Generation(s) I want to learn: RS Uber. But I still need a little help with RS OU Team Building. Like 95% RS Ubers, then 5% RS OU Team Building I guess...

Taken by Aeolus

Netbattle nick:Minotaur
Time zone:EST
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): usually from 12-4pm or late night
Experience level*:beginner at netbattle, but familiar with pokemon
A little about myself: I know alot about pokemon, but im not great with the new generation, and i can't seem to get the hang of battling with netbattle
Generation(s) I want to learn: RS OU

Assigned to Cloggerdude

Netbattle nick: Infamous
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): on weekends most of the day, weekdays..a little after 4
Experience level*: intermediate
A little about myself: i suck at battle, but im a quick learner
Generation(s) I want to learn: RBY, GSC, Adv RS and any other metagames

Assigned to Jackal

Netbattle nick: MC50
Time zone: Newfoundland Time/NDT
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 9:30 AM - 11:30 AM, 2:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Experience level*: Fairly decent. I've been on netbattle somewhat often.
A little about myself: I am a person who lives in Newfoundland, who lives in a town with a population of about 300! It's a nice place.
Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV OU, ADV UU

Assigned to latinoheat

Netbattle nick:Kirby....
Time zone:EST
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!):Mondays - Sunday. 8:00 - 12:00 pm(sometimes later.)
Experience level*:Mediocre
A little about myself:o_0
Generation(s) I want to learn:Adv ou. Prediction.

Assigned to Roy

Netbattle nick: DragonDance
Time zone: EDT
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Untill school starts, almost all the time. (untill midnight/ 12:30)
Experience level*: I've got Adv/ RBY down, GSC is coming to me, just need 2v2 help.
A little about myself: Cdn! Starting high school in september.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Adv 2v2

Assigned to ToP

Netbattle nick: Da Gold Sun/da gold sun

Time zone: EDT currently
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): in summer, ususally from 11:00 AM-3:00 PM , but once school starts, probably from 4:45 PM-6:00 PM. But dont worry school wont start until the end of August.
Experience level*: playing for 5-8 months.
A little about myself: I have had NB since 1/1/06 and i belive I have a decnet amount of experience. I need to learn to use more pokemon and to be more unpredictable.
Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV OU/ADV UU

Surgo

goes to eleven
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Assigned to Aeroblacktyl

Netbattle nick: Surgo (or variations thereof, like Suurgo)
Time zone: EDT
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): After 9 PM.
Experience level*: Honestly, I think I'm at least decent. My prediction and teambuilding skills are certainly subpar though.
A little about myself: Uh, I've been playing pokemon since it came out in America. I go to school in New York (Hudson Valley if anyone's around there!)
Generation(s) I want to learn: R/S ubers, R/S standard, R/S uu. Pretty much R/S everything.

Assigned to Yosuke

Netbattle nick:Lhotse
Time zone:CST
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!):9 AM to 11 PM. Pretty much all day, until school starts.
Experience level*:I'm somewhat decent, and I've read some of the articles here, but I'm not much of a predictor, I have trouble with EVs beyond general "do I want this stat or not" things, and I could use more experience in team building. I actually used to play NB waaaay back when GSC was the newest metagame, but I wasn't much good and I stopped before RSE came out.
A little about myself:I used to be a little n00b who used Scratch/Fire Spin/Flamethrower/Slash Charizard in Stadium. Thank your lucky stars I've gone beyond that sort of thing a while ago since I started using my head in battle. And before you ask, my name's from some mountain that I originally looked up to get a name for a Rock type.
Generation(s) I want to learn:Advance OU and UU, with OU taking priority.

Assigned to Kongler

Netbattle nick: Doomsday, or Doomsday[brackets] with like "GSC" "UU" etc.
Time zone: GMT
Regular Online Hours(in EDT!!!!): From 9 am to 9 pm(sometimes a little bit later in both cases)!
Experience level: I am decent at both RS and GSC.
A little about myself: I am portuguese and therefore my grammar is.. decent.
Generation(s) I want to learn: Specifically, RSE 2v2!

Assigned to Black Leather Jacket

Netbattle nick: Teh Foe 4
Regular Online Hours(in EDT!!!!): (In EST) 8:30PM-10PM(school+marching band practice+homework=no time to myself)
Experience level: I am t3h n00bn3ss.
A little about myself: I'm teh noob of Netbattle. But I guess I'm okay in RS OU
Generation(s) I want to learn: RS OU

Assigned to pokemaniac15

Netbattle nick: A-M, Asian-Mario
Time zone: PST
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 11 a.m. - 1 p.m., 5 p.m. - 8 p.m., 10 p.m. - 12 p.m.
Experience level*: decent at rse adv
A little about myself: i'm mandrian chinese
Generation(s) I want to learn: gsc and rby (standard)

Assigned to Pokemon Professor

Netbattle nick:storm,Punk
Time zone:+4gmt
Regular Online Hours:Summer vacation and parents are at work so online all day from monday to friday and (7to like 11 night time on saturday and sunday)
Experience level*:i consider myself expert at ou o_o but sucks at everything else :(
A little about myself:I play pokemon alot but hasnt been on nb for a while so im rusty.
Generation(s) I want to learn:Adv Ubers, Gsc(ou and uu), and advanced uu
Edit:and building teams for these gens. I want to learn mainly gsc. since i want to perfect that.

Assigned to Justin8649

Netbattle Nick: Kater
Time Zone: EDT
Regular hours online: After 4:00 PM on weekdays and all day on weekends
Experince Level: Intermediate battler, play a lot. Been playing Pokemon for 7- 8 years.
A Little about myself: I'm an ex-nsider and an ex- BMG'er so i have lots of experince from different Pokemon group. I am currently Pokemon and DS rep for nintendo fansite www.gonintendo.com.
What I want to learn: bascially, RBY, GSC, and RSE

Assigned to Sir Chris

Nickbattler: Malice Mizer
Time Zone: Central Time
Regular Online Hours: 1 P.M ET - 9 P.M ET until August 21st, and then only on weekends after that
Experience Level: Almost none, won once by getting Bellyzard to work
A Little About Myself: A Workaholic, Curious of new ideas, and times Unorginal. I like relatively few music, Malice Mizer as one of the few
What I want to learn: GSC

Assigned to Giga Punch

Netbattle nick: anything with Lemon in it is me
Time zone:GMT

Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 11pm-5am and 1pm-5pm
Experience level*:I have been playing net battle for about a month I have played pokemon scince R/B/Y i think i am decent at battling
A little about myself:I love foot ball and pokemon
Generation(s) I want to learn: everything about advanced

Assigned to Mekkah

Nick: PoRtUgAl or tomasalmeida (sometimes hav [test])
Time zone: European Time (Portugal)
Regular Hour Online: (european time!!!) 15:00 to 18:30, some times from 11:00 to 12:00
Expirience Level: Average, not bad, battling for a month and half...
A little about myself: Portuguese(living in Oporto), love soccer, basketball, smart, athletic...not much to say
Generations I want to learn: Advanced OU and Advanced UU

Assigned to Veteran In Love

Netbattle Nick: Some variation of TheMusicMan (meaning stuff like TheMetroMan is me)
Regular online hours: I'm in EDT, so yeah... I am pretty much only online from about 10:00 PM to about 1 or 1:30 AM EDT on any given night. Also I can be on from 8:00-10:00 AM if absolutely necessary.
Experience level: I play GSC mostly, so I know what im doing somewhat there... I've been playing ADV more lately, and have gotten better, but I still need major help.
A little about myself: I'm a music major and the whitest white boy you'll ever meet... nuff said.
Generations I want to learn: Beginning GSC UU and advanced GSC OU. I would love to have VIL as a tutor if he is still available.

Assigned to Jumpman16

Netbattle nick: Rocci1212
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): 9 PM - 12 AM
Experience level*: Intermediate
A little about myself: I'm a great Mario Tennis player, decent Tetris player and decent Super Mario Strikers player, and a huge fan of Mega Man and Final Fantasy games. Especially Final Fantasy Tactics. Eventually I plan to make my own games.
Generation(s) I want to learn: ADV OU for now

Assigned to Warthog

Netbattle nick: Philbert
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): about 2PM - 3AM GMT. I'll edit this when I convert it...

Edit: 10AM - 11PM... I think...

Experience level*: Been playing for just over a year now. TBH I'm quite capable in all metagames. Chances are I wont need the full 3 or so weeks to sort out what I need doing. I've done well in tourneys with experienced battlers before and even beaten a couple of the tutors on this program, so, yeah...
A little about myself: I am male. That says it all I suppose.... (Crazy Starwolf would make a good tutor for me ;))
Generation(s) I want to learn: Modern day RSE OU. I used to be good but these days I always seem to have a gaping weakness in whatever team I try to make. Just a few pointers on the standards of today and how to build teams to counter them is about all I need.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Assigned to cholena

Netbattle nick: Havak
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): No sue on EDT =/ I'll figure it out later..
Experience level*: I've been battling for around 3 years now, so my level of experience is actually very good. I'm just not very well known on forums like this one.
A little about myself: I'm male, I like music and stuff and I want to get even better at Pokémon if that is possible.
Generation(s) I want to learn: At the moment just RSE OU; I need to get better at team building. I'm usually good at it, but recently I've found it rather hard to build teams that work well, I need a bit of help with this. (I'd like to be taught by Crazy Starwolf :) )

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Assigned to Council

Netbattle nick: variation on zerowing
Time zone: Pacific -7GMT
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): all the time
Experience level*: not much experience in what I want to learn
A little about myself: Yosuke was an amazing tutor and helped me get my ADV skills up to par, but now i need to learn RBY and GSC
Generation(s) I want to learn: RBY and/or GSC (either idc)

Assigned to Anomalous for RBY

Netbattle nick: SpaceFlare
Time zone: GMT+8:00
Regular Online Hours (in EDT!!!!): Weekends, nearly all day, Friday 5 AM - 7 AM
Experience level*: Can predict somewhat decently, imo.
A little about myself: Will have a hard time getting on until September 1st because of exams.
Generation(s) I want to learn: RS OU team building primarily, I just can't make another good team. I have one team that I think is good but I haven't been able to make another quality team since then. If I can't get RS OU, I would like RBY prediction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)