Apprentice Program: Round Fifty Nine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to Windsong

Username: Karpman
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Karpman, Bonfire
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, available most times on weekends and 3-11 on weekdays.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a Sophomore in High School and an avid fan of sports. Since the last session of tutoring I had, I felt like I got a better understanding of the steps I should take in order to find a path to victory, although I'm still having trouble putting said steps into action. I'm also not an above average player by any means and I'd really love to make it to the point where I can make it to and compete with the top of the ladder and consistently build both unique and powerful teams. Breaking Stall is another thing I'd like to learn how to do, which is ironic since it's my preferred playstyle, I just play right into my opponent's hands when I face a stall team, regardless of their skill level.

jesus christ lmao, all these niggas going batshit over tutoring

Username:Farfan
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Farfan
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-6: 3:00 p.m. - 9 p.m. (most days of the week)
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: well my name's Farfan, and I've been battling since 4th gen, I made some nice peaks at smogon (like 15 in the DW OU ladder). I am a good student and I'm always willing to learn more about competitive pokemon. I want to polish my skills and teambuilding (wich is my weakness). -25 posts: I'm not usually the posting guy, but I have decent knowledge in the game, also, if I get in a tutoring program, maybe I'll become more active in smogon, post more and contribute :P

Username:blaaz
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: [drac]pr0stitute, [drac]blaaz i usually keep the same tag
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 5-6 hours a day
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've played pokemon for about 10 years now and have always had an interest in lower tiers. I grab bag on wifi way too much d: and im a horrible teambuilder
reason for under 25: i spent alot of time on serebii in the past and i wanted to come here and meet some more advanced battlers, and i hope to learn as much as i can.

coR.

Banned deucer.
Assigned to Alice

Username: ~GreenCore
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: -GreenCore- // _Audrey_ // -Aozumi-
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: i'm -6 GMT after the 7 pm on the week and on the weekends after the 2 pm
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: mexican player who want to improve, and who likes the indie and alternative rock <3

Username:FinalLegendZero
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Final Legend Zero
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:EST (GMT -5) Monday and Wednesday 12:15-1:45 pm, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday 1:15 – 3:30
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I'm a college student who has been a fan of Pokemon since the beginning. I want to battle competitively, but my performance in 4th Gen was quite lackluster. I signed up for, and was denied, in rounds 55, 56, and 58.
Why I Have Fewer Than 25 Posts: I’ve only been a member of Smogon for about a year, and most of that time was spent lurking. I don’t have any experience with 5th Gen, and based off my ladder standings, I suck at 4th Gen, so I don’t feel comfortable posting often.

THANKS BLOO, I hope I still have a chance

Username: sigmamax
Pokemon Online: chaosBlaze or TheShiningGrimsley
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5 Usually from 4PM to about 10 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW RU, BW OU, and BW UU (from most to least preferred)
Tell us a little about yourself: Im a fast learner. I've always wanted to really learn the tools of the trade for competitive; but i could never find a playstyle that suits me. I hope that with this, I'm able to refine my skills.I'm a sophomore in High School. I stated to look into and play competitively about 3 months ago. I'm horrible at teambuilding, I would usually pick pokemon based on attack power, not on type synergy and I cant get over it. I like to hang out with friends on my spare time, I'm a very social, yet shy person (if that makes sense).
Why should i be tutored: Well I said a few reasons in the last post. I can't really predict my opponents moves and if I actually do get it right, I either have no proper counter or I overpredict and that would usually cost me the game.Since I always use offensive teams, a stall team or a more defensive team will usually destroy my team if I lose some of my more offensive powerhouses too early, which always happens because like I said I can't predict properly. In all, i hope that b101 can make me a good wi-fi battler and possibly more.

Assigned to Nachos

Username:
DarkBlazeR
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: DBR or anything similar like DBR_ DBR. etc
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+0, most likely to be online between 18:00 and 23:00 GMT on week days, variable on weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm just a regular guy currently studying for a degree in Geology at Plymouth University. I enjoy playing Pokemon now and again, of course. I've had a keen interest in the game ever since I got given Pokemon Blue as a birthday present god knows how many years ago. I'm also a very keen Rugby player/fan.

Why I Have Fewer Than 25 Posts: I've been playing Pokemon competitively since ADV, being brought up on Serebii and Marriland forums. I sucked back then though, and didn't really acquire much skill until early DP, where I used to do pretty well on Shoddy Battle's ladder. However, all my old friends left the game relatively early on and I gradually gravitated away from the game due to a combination of factors (though mostly because of falling school grades).

I made a brief comeback some time around 2009, which is when I finally registered on Smogon despite knowing about it for longer. I never really got far with it though, and mostly lurked due to the alienation of a wholly different community to one I remembered before. Only recently have I started to make a full comeback, now that I'm at an academically stable situation where I can have a reasonable balance between work, social life and online activities.

I think I would be suitable as a tutee because I believe I have great potential as a player due to my extensive theoretical knowledge, but have never quite mastered the intricacies of team building and battling strategy.

Assigned to Syrim

Username
: IbanezObsession
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: IbanezObsession/[PZ]IbanezObsession/[PZ]IbnzSwag/IbnzSwag
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 (EST), available just about any time on weekends, and weekdays I'm pretty much around from 3:30-11:30 PM (with some Homework in between)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW Ubers, mainly because I love the metagame and my ability to pretty much play it better than just about any other tier (eh, maybe UU sometimes, but I still wish to learn Ubers)
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a sophomore in high school and have been playing competitively since June 2011 when I got into the lower tier battling, but then I found higher tiers like UU and Ubers (I'm not a big fan of OU) to be quite interesting, and here I am. I prefer a defensive style of play, and also love to teambuild. Whoever is my tutor is a lucky person to have me as a tutee :)

Username:GSP
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:GSP
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT -5 3:00 PM-9:00 PM
What tier do you want to learn?:B/W OU
Tell us a little about yourself:I'm a very fast learner and I always do things to the best of my abilities.

I think I should get tutored because it's one of the reasons why I joined Smogon in the first place. I got appointed to Gym Leader on another forum and I'm a decent battler, but I would like to learn the finer points of battling and how to actually construct my own team without posting a RMT thread.

TrollFreak

(╮°-°)╮┳━┳ (╯°□°)╯ ┻━┻
is a Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to comatthew6 for BW LC

Username: IbanezObsession
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: TrollFreak
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 (EST), available just about any time on weekends, and weekdays I'm pretty much around from 4:30-7 PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW RU, BW LC
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm just a guy who wants to improve in the lower tiers, and I have numerous peaks, such as top 40 BW OU and 11th on the BW Ubers ladder

Username: Venihil
Pokemon Online Username: Venihil
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +0, 9:00-11:00 AM and 7:30-9:00 PM on weekdays; usually just about any hour during Sunday
Tell us a little about yourself: Currently a med student which is why my schedule is a little tight. Pokemon was one of the major games of my childhood and I'm looking to really get into the competitive scene.

Although this is my first actual post on the forums, I've been visiting smogon for quite a bit now, trying to slowly learn the in's and out's of the OU metagame. I feel I'd benefit a lot from a tutor seeing as I'm definitely interested and willing to take the time to learn how B/W OU works from an experienced gamer.

Username: lars
PO/Shoddy username: lars / lars the (various roman numeral)
Timezone and available times: GMT-6 (central) evenings weekdays and sporadically other times
Tier: BW RU and BW OU tied, followed by DPP OU
About me: College, chemistry major, hopefully will be researching biofuels someday. Played RBY way back in the day, got into Competitive late DPP. I think I'm ok, but really want to improve team building and game play. (My internet currently is out so this was done on a DROID, sorry for any mistakes) I recently tried my hand at analysis writing and I want to be more involved on smogon so first thing to do is improve battling skills.

Username: Black Rain
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Black Rain
Timezone and availability: GMT -5 (EST). Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 4-12 PM.
Tell us a little about yourself: Hi. I got into 5th gen competitive battling around June last year. I enjoy playing a balanced or heavy offense playstyle, and I've had some amount of success, but I think I can do better with some help. I hope that I can get to top 100 on the ladder after this :)

Username: Asterat
PO username: Deploratsterat, asterat, WAKE UP, Professor Slowpoke etc.
Times nes/Availability: EST, fuck timezones, randomly from 4-12 PM
What tier do you want to learn? ADV OU/BW UU
About me: I'm a guy that plays pokemons and finds OU stale but I sick ass at ADV, the tier I tried to teach myself. UU also seems fun I guess. I think I am pretty good at OU and don't want help there, anyways it's basically a whore-off right now. I play competitive cello, and spend time on schoolwork, friendlies, and my dog.

Requesting someone who doesn't whore. EDIT: it seems bloo is good

Username: TalkingLion
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: TalkingLion
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5 (EST)
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU, DP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am already pretty decent at BW OU, but I want to learn more ADV and DP for tours and future tournaments and DP seems fun. I'm also good at VGC :D. Outside of Pokemon I enjoy running track, watching movies, and reading books.

Username: EmeraldGoblin
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: EmeraldGoblin
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've started competitive battling only at the beginning of B/W, but I would like to learn alot more; I have less than 25 posts because i spend most of my time reading on smogon than posting.

Signed up in november's thread, but didn't get a tutor.

Username: Akari Yasutora
Pokemon Online Username: kittyCollaborator
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Central time zone 9 PM - 12 AM but subject to change after the 19th
Tell us a little about yourself: I have a great love of pokemon and I'm willing to be taught anything!

I should be tutored because I have a lack of knowledge when it comes to building teams. I have only one team made on pokemon online, a hail team, because I don't know how I should go about making a team that isn't based off of weather. I feel as if I understand how to make a decent team, I'll do much better down the road as a competitor on the servers!

Username: Neoshine
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Neoshine
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST -5 I'm available any time.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU/BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been playing pokemon since the original Red and Blue version. I've owned every game they've released on the handhelds. Red, blue, yellow, gsc, rse. I really enjoy the game.

I'm under 25 posts because I was in the competitive scene for Ruby/Sapphire, but that was so many years ago. A lot has changed and coming back in I'm feeling overwhelmed to get back into hardcore competitive battling. I've been reading up on RMT threads, reading over everything on smogon, bulbapedia, and serebii's stuff. But I feel like I'm treading water for the most part, so I'm looking for some help setting me straight, getting my ground again and so I can start enjoying pokemon from a competitive view again.

Username: Juanca
Pokemon Online: Homeless
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-8 Avaible from 7am-1pm and 8pm to 11 during the week and for Sat and Sun im avaible the whole day
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU and BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself:
well i have been playing BW for almost a year.i think im a decent battler but i need help building teams and learning more about the metagames.and also i want to start doing UU since i want to see if i can be good in another tier aside from BW OU.i sgined up last round and didnt got a tutor :<.and i dont have many posts since im still too nervous to post something incorrect and look like a noob or something like that.....but as soon as i get a tutor i think i might get to know more people and start posting

(DIDNT GOT A TUTOR LAST ROUND)

Assigned to Hugendugen for BW Ubers.

Username:
Sacredsage44
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Sacredsage
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT+10 4-6pm, 8:30-9pm on weekdays 4-10pm on weekends
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU, UU, RU, NU, Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I like to play Competitive pokemon alot even though I had like 26 loses and only 7 wins. I wanted to be tutored because I want to improve on my strategies and Team.
WHY SHOULD I BE TUTORED: I only wanted to sign up on the forums because I wanted to be tutored by an experienced player who knows how to build teams and can teach some strategies and hoping to be a better player at competitive pokemon[/B]

Assigned to yee

Username:
The Truth
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Tears, some others
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-8, afternoons/evenings generally. I can be on most times on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU and RU
Tell us a little about yourself: I did sign up on the previous thread and I received a great tutoring, but i was sadly not as active as i had hoped to be. However, I did improve quite a bit and I want to be tutored again this round so i can polish my moderate skills into something better. As for information about myself, I'm a high school freshman living in northern California. I'm an exchange student going to japan in march, I play tennis, and I want to get better at this wonderful game.
Less than 25 posts: Honestly I'm giving the same answer I did last time; lack of enough skill and knowledge to contribute to team rating, tiering, or general discussion. I feel like I may have improved these skills but during my tutoring period I focused less on immersing myself into the forum and more on spending time with my tutor.

Assigned to Limitless

Username
: Razza
Pokemon online nick: Razza
Your Timezone: GMT
What tier do you want to learn: BW OU/UU
Tell us a little bit about yourself: I live in the uk. Pokemon has become a bit stale for me lately due to my lack of teambuilding skills, so i hope to get some help with this.

Username: ZSG
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: 0ShitsGiven
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Esatern Standard Time (UTC -05:00), 6pm-12am, Mon-Fri. 1pm-3am Sat. or Sun, depending on the week.
Tell us a little about yourself: I love Pokemon, but am relatively new to the competitive sceene. I have been playing UU for a few months now, and have gained a fairly solid understanding of that metagame, but I always get wrecked in OU. I really want to be alble to battle better and be able to work my way up the ladder. On a personal note I'm an ex-hockey player, freshman in college (UVM), a Computer Science major, and an easy going, fun loving guy. I enjoy long walks on the beach, hold hands, and stupid over-used jokes like this.

Why I should be tutored even though I have less than 25 posts: I guess that there's no particular reason. I'm no more deserving than any other average guy. I just really want to learn.

Username: Professor Science
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Professor Science
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +10.5, I'm online most weekdays from 4.00 - 10.00pm, and almost all day on weekends.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU mostly, but I'd like to try BW UU, RU and DW OU too.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm into martial arts, otherwise I'm a pretty normal socially-challenged guy (like most of us on Smogon). And btw, I'm not actually that into science, despite my nick. If you know what its a reference to, then props to you.

Username: Hitmoninja
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Hitmoninja
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +10 (daylight saving atm though) i can play 4pm-10:30pm most of the time, or at least for part of that time everyday.
Tell us a little about yourself: I am in my final year at highschool and aspiring to work in IT or as a software engineer. I have been playing on smogon servers for 2 years, but have never gotten that great.
Why I should be tutored even though I have less than 25 posts: I have been lurking here for a long time, but I don't feel that confident in sharing ideas/opinions because I don't feel like much of a player. Was kinda hoping this might help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)