Apprentice Program: Round Fourty Eight

Status
Not open for further replies.
ASSIGNED TO ZEPH

Username: Fried Rhys
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: BULLDOGS
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, on between 4pm-12am
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm good at ADV OU and DPP OU and feel I can compete with anyone in those metagames. I took a 6 month hiatus from battling right when gen5 began and as a result, I'm pretty shit at it. I just need someone to coach me through a few matches and help me make a team to learn the metagame really.

requesting Zeph if possible!

TEzeon

I'm a ramblin gamblin dude!
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
ASSIGNED TO STONE COLD

Username
: TEzeon
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: TEzeon/Raitei Zeon
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, Ubers / DP OU, UU, Ubers / Adv OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I play many games competitively (not limited to video games) and sometimes gamble on them. I live in New York and am a sophomore in high school. In the future I plan to major in quantitative finance and be a business man like my father. I tried my luck at the DPPT metagame, though I wasn't too into it. BW made the metagame much more fun however, giving me an added interest in pokemon.

I'd like to request hanke if possible

ASSIGNED TO Eet

Username: Perception
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Perception/Nirvana
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5 generally from 3:00p.m. to 6:00p.m. and 8:00p.m. to 10:00p.m.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a pretty average sophomore in high school. I play soccer and football with my friends on the side. I really enjoy playing pokemon in my personal time though and I'm interested in learning this new metagame.

elDino

Deal With It.
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Username: elDino
Pokemon Online Username: elDino
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: +8 8-12 Friday and Saturday
What tier?: BW OU
Tell us about yourself: I'm an English student living in Asia and I picked up competetive Pokémon about a year ago. I am currently looking for help on the OU metagame as I am kinda rusty. Thanks guys!

Username: Heathcliff Huxtable
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Heathcliff
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8, 9:00 PM - 12:00 AM weekdays, anytime on weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 19 year old college sophomore who enjoys watching football, playing competitive Pokemon, and spending time with friends/family/etc. I consider myself to be a somewhat decent Pokemon player, especially in Generation IV OU. I do, however, feel that I could definitely use some help learning about the new Generation V metagame, developing better team-building skills, and refining some of my current battling strategies.

Username: ILoveliza
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Same as username
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +10 (Depends on the day. I'm on really often though.
Tell us a little about yourself: I KNOW WORMS

If I can request I would like KG.

muffinhead

b202 wifi vgc
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
ASSIGNED TO REACHZERO

Username:
muffinhead
Pokemon Online username: muffinhead
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, 4:00 PM - 11:00 PM, more on weekends
What tier do you want to learn? BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a ridiculously tall junior in a boring high school. I live for music, love my dog, and picked up poghermans one year ago. I love anything and everything gimmicky (which is probably why ou is generally difficult for me). I hang out in IRC a lot. I have a passable grasp of the metagame, but my goal is to step it up a lot.

Username: Masterful
PO Username: TheEpicUnicorn
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-8, 4:00PM-10:00PM
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a senior in high school, I like playing music and playing basketball. I am a terrible artist, but still like to draw.

Username: TransparentOpacity
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: TransparentOpacity
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT - 8, 4:00-10:00 on week days, anytime on weekends.
Tell us a little about yourself: I attend high school, I like basketball and football, and I want to become better at Pokemon battling/team building.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Assigned to Scimjara

[/B]Username[/B]: WaterBomb
Age: 26 (hooray for being the oldest by like 5 solid years)
Pokemon Online Username: WaterBomb
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, Monday nights 6pm-10pm (Tu W Th will open up in April)
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW UU (later)
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I haven't played competitive pokemon since Gen II, so I've been out of it for a really long time. Kind of have the urge to get back into it and finally make the conversion to a relevant generation. I love cats, playing sports, and DBZ.

Setsuna Edit: I'm sorry, we had assigned you Bad Ass as your tutor but he's no longer willing to be a tutor. Please be patient, we'll assign you a new one as soon as possible. Thanks.

Username: Venser
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Venser
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST 7-9:30 weeknights, all day weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU / BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm your pretty average high school freshman, coasting along on the easy work which gives me plenty of time to play Pokemon! Math and Science are my favorite subjects, and I swim competitively. I've been on Smogon for a while, picked up some info here and there, but there's definite room for improvement which is why I'm signing up.

If i can, I'd like Mekka, Jabba, or Hanke for ADV or Bloo for BW.

ASSIGNED TO MACLE

Username:
SlimMan
PO/Shoddy Username: Drubs/Drubine
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5;
5:00 pm - 6:00 pm and 12:00 am - 2:00 am on Mon-Thurs;
5:00 pm - 9:30 pm and 12:00 pm - 4:00 am on Friday
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU is my priority, but a little DPP OU wouldn't hurt
Tell us a little about yourself:I'm a pretty average guy in college. I went into college assuming it would be better than high school. I was way off. College has loaded me down with work, particularly my language courses, hence my limited time on Smogon. I am able to be on more than what I posted, assuming that it is planned a day or two in advance. Pokemon is a hobby of mine, though, to be frank, I'm very mediocre at it. I have a really competitive nature and always feel the need to win in everything I do, which can sometimes be obnoxious for those around me. But I'm nice to those that I know well. I'm signing up for the tutor program mainly in the hopes of improving myself, but also to get to know some (hopefully) awesome people.

a fairy

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Community Leader
ASSIGED TO FALADRAN

Username
: Lady Salamence
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Lady Salamence
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST. 7 - 9:30 mon-thurs almost all day sun, saturdays zilch, friday about 3-who knows what.
What tier do you want to learn?: All standard metagames.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm 15, pretty average I suppose. I like Pokemon, not much else to be said.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ASSIGNED TO SEVENDEADLYSINS

Username
: Chou Toshio
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Chou Toshio, ChouToshio, CT
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: +9, Japan Standard Time. I'm around on and off between 8:00 am - 10:00 pm my time, ie. 3:00pm - 5:00am for someone in California >___>
What tier do you want to learn?: B/W OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm from Hawaii, but I work in Japan. I am really into Aquariums (especially with plants).

edit: I've talked with SDS about tutoring me :D

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Username: PK Gaming
PO Username: PK Gaming
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM (may vary depending on the day of the week)
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a university student that has a passion for video games. I want to take the time to properly learn ADV before the 11th Smogon tour starts.

Requesting either JabbaTheGriffin or Mekkah

Assigned to Kevin Garrett

Username: Requiem[9]
Usernames: Requiem[9], Gareth Brown, Fire With Fire
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: MST (GMT -7), pretty much any time on weekends and not very much time on weekdays due to homework, but 1-2 hour periods should be fine
What tier do you want to learn?: ADV OU or DPPt OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm an average battler and an above average teambuilder. As of this writing, I'm sitting at 6 and 19 on the suspect ladder, so I'm not awful, but I think there's something about great battlers that I don't have and can't logically state and I'd like to try to go from average to good. For instance, I was watching someone ladder a while ago (I think it was Eo, but I'm not sure), and he was playing a team I thought he couldn't win against, but he spent over a hundred turns double-switching with SR up and managed it. I can understand how he won, but at the same time, I really can't: generally, I rely on better teambuilding and careful planning to win, while it feels like good players can just pick up anything and win. I'd like to learn ADV and DPPt because I'm awful at ADV and worse at DPPt than BW, but I don't care about the tier at all; I'm much more interested in the sense being a good player than anything, although I'm not even sure one exists.

ASSIGNED TO DELTA 2777

Username: Rediamond
PO Username: Rediamond
Your Timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, 3:00 PM-4:00 PM, 7:00 PM-9:00 PM, 8:00 AM-10:00 PM most weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: Really busy due to high school and the many hobbies that consume every piece of free time I can get. In Boy Scouts, want to learn BW to not seem like an idiot.

Username: StarmanXL
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: StarmanXL
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: most times past 5:00 P.M. EST on weekdays, anytime weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: Okay well I major in neuroscience and creative writing and enjoy writing poems and short stories. I've also participated in two research projects and might be acknowledged in a third if things go right. I've a huge interest in multibattles, specifically non-VGC doubles (which I'm hoping will get more recognition soon; if my tutor is likewise interested in them that would be superb) but I'm absolutely terrible at singles. I've tried Battling 101 in 4th gen but most of my tutoring sessions were less than helpful (my internet got cut for the duration of at least one, and a tutor up and bailed on me without warning in another) so I haven't had much improvement despite my prior involvement in the program.

Username: bubbly
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Pacachomp
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Australian WST
What tier do you want to learn?: DPP OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I finished high school last year and decided to focus on getting better at pokemon battling. I've been playing for about 2 years and know quite a bit about the metagame and have beaten some good players; but I've never been able to get consistently on leaderboards and feel I could really use some help. Outside of pokemon, I like playing tennis, football and chess, as well as occasionally doing some drawing and stuff.

Username: Mentlegen
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Mentlegen
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: PST (GMT -8); 4-5 Mondays 3-5 most other days of the week. I guess I could pretty much play any time during the weekdays after 4 PM as long as we plan a day or two in advance. Weekends pretty much any time.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, I guess potentially some VGC strategy, but I figure learning the game at all is a good step on the road to success.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm Max, I'm a junior in highschool. I play a lot of video games. Outside of playing a large amount of Minecraft and Pokemon, I fill my time with the piano and homework. I'm really interested in learning the BW metagame, and since I live in California I plan on attending VGC this year, so I guess I should start gearing up for that. Other than that, I'm an easy-going guy that is always open to learning and becoming a better player.

Username: blarajan
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: blarajan (various combinations of numbers depending on the alts)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST, 4pm-12 am Monday-Friday, Saturday is when I wake up to when I sleep xD, Sunday is no.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: My name's Rajan. I'm a junior in High School. I've been playing Pokemon since..I created a Smogon account, I guess. I haven't posted too much, but I've lurked a lot and have read a lotttt of smogon stuff late in the morning. I've gotten kind of decent at Pokemon, but I really want the help to get to the next level. I've been checking when the sign ups were going to start every day since the tutors were put, and the one time it is..I forget to >.<. I'm a Marylander, prioritize grades over most things. Debate/Mock Trial/Pokemon is pretty much the extent of my activities. I'm a nice guy and really want to learn!

Windsong

stumbling down elysian fields
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Username: windsong
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: windsong
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8, 6:30 - 9 PM my time.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm pretty much your average Californian kid, in 3rd quarter of 7th grade, and I do track and stuff and am alright at soccer even though I don't play competitively. I also play Pokemon as a bit of a hobby of course, and yeah, I'm really interested in getting better at it!

Requesting Delta 2777 if possible!

Username: Eos
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Eos
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, 5 - 11 PM my time.
What tier do you want to learn?: (I want to learn more than one, in the form of RSE OU, DPP UU, but if I had to choose one specifically i'd have to choose) BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a Michigan Smogoner, like many of the members here are (which is kinda ironic how many pokemon battlers Michigan has lol) as well as a freshman in High School. I take every advance class available to me, and with these advanced classes i'm a 3.7 student at the moment. I am the swim captain at my local YMCA, as well as taking Lifeguarding classes at the YMCA to get certified to get a job. Seeing as I'm the youngest one in a lot of situations (lifeguarding class and quite young in the pokemon community, although, windsong buddy has got me beat :p), I think I'll be able to take that to my advantage and become an expert once I'm as old as most of these people here lol :p. Anyways, enough about me lol, I'd love to get to know my amazing tutor!

Requesting anyone who thinks they can take me on as an apprentice ^_-

HSA

INTellectual gamer
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
Username: HSA
Shoddy Username: HSA
timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-6 6-12 pm on weekdays all day on Saturdays+ Sundays
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU (I don't know alot about thir as of Now) I could use some help with DPP and I feel like I can teach myself ADV
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm an 18 year old dude living in Texas and I like to do alot of things including basketball, baseball, and video games(including pokemon of course).

Posted from my phone so forgive any mistakes

YES FINALLY MADE IT.

Username
: Tortferngatr
Pokemon Online Username (does not use Shoddy anymore): Tortferngatr
(possibly considering the creation of an alt named Scott Stone: however, use Tortferngatr normally.)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, I.E. EST. Normally available in that timezone between 4-5:30, 8:00-9:00 on weekdays, and generally available on the weekend.
What tier do you want to learn?: Primarily, BW OU. Secondarily, information on how to adapt to a new metagame. If there is time, I would also like learn more specifically about Gen IV OU and Gen III OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: Currently a sophomore in high school in Greater Cincinnati. Likes math.

I attempted to get into the Pt OU metagame, but after several failed attempts to get a tutor (failed mostly due to timing issues), I decided to wait for BW to avoid being in the "generation gap" situation ADV players I heard faced in DPP OU.

This approach backfired, thanks to many Gen IV concepts being far more applicable to Gen V than Gen III to Gen IV, especially early Gen V-and after several times in which I abused a stereotypical rain team at about an 1100 rating (and had many lulz using Drain Punch SD Ludicolo against Ferrothorns), I got out of the loop.

I would like to get back in the game. I would prefer being tutored by someone who has played many metagames (and thusly knows how to adapt to different metagames) but has particular skill at B/W. Would also prefer a well-known tutor with a good rating-but doesn't everybody?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)