Apprentice Program - Round Fourty Five

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoddy Battle nick: Darkness Wolf

Time zone: GMt-6
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 8pm -12pm
Experience level: Moderate
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU, Ubers
A little about myself: I work out a lot and am as very busy youngester and need help in team building.

Shoddy Battle nick: Toxic_Torture/jaden07
Time zone: Central Standard Time
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 5-10 Eastern
Experience level: Moderate, my higher CREs are between 1370-1430
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU, Uber
A little about myself: I began competitive battling with DPPt when a friend made me buy Platinum. I then found out about competitive battling and started enjoying it quite a bit. I have been battling since the release of Platinum, so I do not really consider myself a veteran player at all. I love to have a lot of different teams, but when I get one that I really like I stick with it for quite a while and work on improving it as much as I can. I feel there is still much that I can learn, and this tutor program seems like a great way for me to get help from someone who knows their stuff much better than someone like me. Oh and two more things, I do not really like running bog standard sets for the most part. I prefer at least somewhat different even if it is just trying to use EVs more efficiently. That is not to say I will not use bog standard though, because I do have quite a few teams with completely standard things like MixMence, CBZor, ScarfLatias, etcetera. I am also a more offensively-minded player for the most part as it is just more fun for me, though I do think stall is probably a more consistent playstyle. I think that just about covers everything relevant...

Shoddy Battle nick: Consumed
Time zone: GMT
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): I can get on at any time, really. I don't have much else to do.
Experience level: Moderate. I generally keep my ladder rating at around 1400, but I struggle to get further.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU/UU
A little about myself: I've been interested in pokemon ever since the days of R/B/Y but only gotten interested in competitive battling a few months ago when a friend introduced me to shoddy battle. I've read through almost every article on this site, aswell as lurked the forums quite a bit to try and familiarise myself with the metagame as much as possible and think I've learnt a lot in the short amount of time I've been playing but I think i need the help of a tutor to take the next step. I don't have any requests for a tutor, as I like to think I'm a fairly easy guy to get along with *fingers crossed* but I would like a tutor who knows a fair bit about heavy offense (if possible) because that's my preferred style of play.

I hope I'm not too late, I always miss out on this. :(

CyzirVisheen

Am I poplar yet?
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Shoddy Battle nick: Cyzir, Nubnub
Time zone: HST (-10)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Usually online at random times, but I'm consistently on during Wednesday and Friday, 4:00 - 12:00 PM
Experience level: Low.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): UU, LC (that counts as a tier, right?), Uber, OU.
A little about myself: I'm a regular contributor to CAP, specifically in art, and have done many pics for the Smog. I have very little battle experience, and my last competitive battle was about a year ago. I really want to get back into battling, and am willing to go through the wringer to do so.

The only thing I ask is for a patient and merciful tutor.

Shoddy Battle nick:Dragonknight08
Time zone:EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 4-10
Experience level: quite a bit, but still not the best
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):UU, OU, Ubers
A little about myself: I've been playing competitively for a while now, but i still don't feel im the best yet. I really want to become a tutor, to help out others. I would say that im somewhat known/recognized in the community, being a rather active member in Smogon, TU, and Marriland. My team building still isnt the greatest, and i often don't understand very complex situations at first glance. i also sometimes forget my types and SE's..XD

Shoddy Battle nick:ayushgarg
Time zone:+5:30GMT
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):im not sure about eastern but i live in India and about 8-9PM works
Experience level:its not that much(reason i want to be tutored) i have reached till about 1480 i think as maximum
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):OU,LC,Uber,UU
A little about myself: I am a guy who lives in India. I thought i was really good at pokemon but when i checked out smogon,I sucked. I didnt know pokemon could be so vast a subject so i want to get more knowledge on competitve pokemon by learning from the good guys

I need a tutor

Shoddy Battle Nick: FoxyProxy
Time Zone: EST
regular online hours 6-11
Experience Level: Pretty good but need some help in some places
Tiers: OU, UU
A little about myself: I skateboard, play pokemon when i'm bored, like to listen and learn stuff, been playing pokemon for 3 months

I would like too request reverb if he is up for tutoring me:)

Shoddy Battle nick: VaderPhish
Time Zone: (-10:00 GMT) Hawaiian standard time zone
Regular online hours (eastern only): flexible on weekends, not so much on weekdays.
Experience level: Decent
Tiers I need help in (order of preference): OU, Ubers, UU
A little about myself:
I'm an ordinary person who loves to play video games. I want to be a movie director after college, and have the talent and creativity to achieve this goal. I've been tutored by Philip, but wanted to also see other perspectives, so I'm applying again.

little gk

competitive oosos player
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Shoddy Battle nick: GoldenKnight, GK
Time zone:Pacific standard (California)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 9:30 PM-~2 AM
Experience level: I'm average at best
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):OU, UU, Ubers
A little about myself: I'm a runner at heart (X country bitches) and I’m a bit of a baseball fan and follow the Dodgers very closely (too bad they won’t perform in the playoffs unless Thome/Garland excel past my expectations). I use mIRC just about everyday too. Max was my tutor previously, but we couldn't talk much at all.

I would really like to request a tutor such as beej or plus as i frequent the CAP server just about everyday and i see them quite often

Shoddy Battle nick: 510skatecrazy
Time zone:Pacific standard (California)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 8:00pm-10:00pm
Experience level: somplete noob
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):OU, UU, Ubers
A little about myself: i've been playing pokemon since the red blue, but this is the first time i've ever thought about battling competitively. i'm pretty crunched for time though, most nights i have time but on mondays i have fencing until 11. but other than that i'm willing to spend some time getting my team up to par

Shoddy Battle nick: Flamewheeler, SubZer0, Kitteh
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Mon-Thur: 7:00 pm - 11:00 pm; weekends: whenever
Experience level: Moderate, I've made the Uber and UU leaderboards, but nothing else.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU, Uber
A little about myself: Well, I've been playing the game since R/B/Y, but competetively only since D/P. I'm not that bad of a player, but I do know that I need help. I was once an ok OU player until scizor started rampaging. After that whole change, I could never grasp the new style of play. I still have trouble with it. I'm always ready to learn and I like people who can break everything down for me.

I'd like to request Kevin Garrett as my tutor. We're on at the same times for the most part and he said he would tutor me.

I hope I didn't miss this...again. =/

Bobtheball4

CAP Playtesting Expert
Shoddy Battle nick:Bobtheball4
Time zone:gmt-10(hawaiian time)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):usuually on at night on weekdays, around 9ish because of bad time zones=/, but weekends, all day...
Experience level:about average, ive been playing for some time, but havent done the best.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):OU,Uber,UU
A little about myself: I have been playing pokemon for a while now, but havent gotten as good. Im a sophomore right now in highschool, and i would like some help in pokemon.

could i request someone from cap like plus and beej? i had sot last round, but he quit, i still talked to him all the time, but never actually had a lesson.

Shoddy Battle nick:Mistah
Time zone:Pacific
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):Depends on the day really. Mostly I'm home 6-12 weekdays, but weekends it varies greatly.
Experience level:Casual Pokémon player. Have been playing since GS days, but really, really casually.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):OU,UU
A little about myself:A friend of mine recently got into competitive play, and it looked fun, so I decided to give this a try to see if Pokémon is my type of game.

Shoddy Battle nick: Pink
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Usually Noon - Midnight or later. Depends on classes
Experience level: I have been tutored on OU and have played a lot with the NU tier. Not the best at making teams or adapting though!
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): Really only want Ubers at this point. If there are no Ubers tutors available I'll sit out this round ^^
A little about myself: I'm a college student a UMass Amherst currently. Came to smogon in '07 but haven't battled all too frequently. I enjoy playing in every tier I can so I want to try the Ubers tier out since I haven't played it at all. Also, the use of weather intrigues me a lot! I think I'll be able to understand the metagame with work, but having a place to start will surely help.

Shoddy Battle nick: Afroninja22, Sockman
Time zone: Central
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 7-12 weekdays, varies on weekends
Experience level: Low
A little about myself: I got into competitive Pokemon about a year ago. I have trouble building effective teams sometimes. My hobbies include soccer, golf, and sleeping.

Shoddky Battle nic: iBleedPink
Time zone: PST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 4-8 on weekdays, weekends vary.
Experience level: Medium
A little about myself: I've been playing Pokemon competitively for about half a year, and I'm in 8th grade. I'm busy with school but can still be on quite a bit. I'm easy to get along with and willing to learn.

Shoddy Battle nick: incrediblehotdog
Time zone: Pacific
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): M-T: 6:00-8:00 p.m. Sat-Sun: 2:00-4:00
Also, I have unlimited text, which is possibly the best way to catch my attention.
Experience level: Nonexistent
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, Uber
A little about myself: I'm a noob encompassing the entire word and I mainly want to learn. I've been playing Pokemon since Blue and Red but I never knew that there was any way to make it competitive. I played for time-killing and fun. As for myself, I'm currently in college and working on a Genetics degree. So there!

Shoddy Battle nick: BossX
Timezone: GMT +3
Available hours: Whenever really :)
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU ,Ubers
Experience level: Medium
A little about myself: A 16 year old boy that likes pokemon. I've been playing competitive for about 6 months now, and i still think i need some help.

Shoddy Battle nick: Exarius
Time zone: GMT +2
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 09-17 o'clock Eastern, weekends about 05-17 o'clock
Experience level: Joined the last Tutor program, I have a some experience in battling, but my teambuilding skills seem somewhat lacking, especially choosing the pokes. Would like some tutoring in battling too.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): UU, OU
A little about myself: well, I'm Finnish, and I've been playing Pokemon for several years now, mostly 3. gen. Playing Competitive a while now, with a stall-team being most succesful which I made with my last tutor.

I'd like to request Giant Enemy Crab as my tutor since we agreed during last round that since UU is still undergoing changes, we'd focus on OU that round and then if I sign up we'd focus more on UU. If it's not possible, I'm fine with anyone.

Hi, i want to sign on

Shoddy Battle nick: blaziken662
Timezone: GMT -6
Available hours: Almost everyday at morning or noon
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): UU
Experience level: I was playing for a coulpe years, and got some exp from tourneys specially at local level but i can't get high rank positions due i have a little lack of cool mind and tactical play...
A little about myself: Well, i'm a biotechnology student who has a lot playing Poke, i like soccer and watch anime and mangas... Just another simple guy

Shoddy Battle nick: mtr12, mtr12., mtr12.test
Time zone: CST (GMT-6)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): I'm off and on throughout the day, maybe about 1:00 to 6:00 PM and 10:00-12:00, but really any time you want me, I'll be there. Unless there's a midterm and I really need to work.

Experience level:
UU: I don't know much about this tier, but I'm willing to learn...

Ubers: >1600 @ Ubers during my leaderboard attempts, so though I'm not the best, I'm pretty good.

OU: I'm decent at OU (not as good as I am at Ubers), but I want tutoring in UU mainly, although I'll take OU.

Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): UU, OU, Ubers
A little about myself: I think that I've done fairly well in the past in Ubers and OU, but I want a tutor who can teach me about the UU metagame (however, I'm fine with OU as well).

I'm a Biology major at Rice University, and I love to learn. I've been playing competitively since my join date, and have recently gotten into writing Updates and Articles for the site. I'm a pretty chill guy, and hope to have fun with my tutor if I get one. Thanks!

Nicks: Anata, AnataTEST
Timezone: GMT
Hours: Erratic for first week, but about an hour each day sometime between 3-6PM GMT. Afterwards, much more consistently in the same hours. Unavailable first weekend, almost all day afterwards.
EXP Level: Not very high, highest CRE about 1315. Have been playing for about three months, have not strayed into other tiers.
Tiers I need help with : OU, UU in that order
A bit about me : 14 years old, been playing games since I was 6. Not very sporty due to lack of skill, I do athletics to a low level. Quite intelligent, and open to concepts, and with a will to improve at pokemon.

Shoddy Battle nick: Virtuoso, Venum, iVenum
Time zone: Eastern (Florida)
Regular Online Hours: On the weekdays its kind of random, but my most consistent times would be from 8pm-2am. I could probably work in more time on the weekdays after talking to my tutor, if I get one, so hopefully there is plenty to work with.
Experience level: Average. I like the team building process, but my battling skills are blah.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU/UU/Uber. When I play I primarily play OU, but the UU tier seems quite interesting as well.
A little about myself: Freshman at the University of Central Florida, majoring in Digital Media. I am pledging a fraternity, Sigma Pi, and I LOVE to party. I currently only enjoy the team building of competitive battling because I can't battle well enough to like it, so I hope to extract some more joy from the metagame.

As for a request I would want someone in my timezone, maybe Jabba/Kevin Garret/KD24 ? As long as they have flexible times I should be fine.

Shoddy Battle nick: Sparko

Time zone: CET (GMT + 2:00 ~ becomes GMT + 1:00 in winter)

Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 8 PM - 11 PM my time (2 PM - 5 PM in EST time) (am online alot in weekends, and from october onwards I'll be available only on weekends)

Experience level: Pretty average, I normally manage a decent win streak getting me at around 1450+ CRE on the shoddy smogon server and occasionally I pull off impressive wins against top trainers, yet I can't get beyond the 1500 mark :/ I guess I lack the consistency and long term thinking that are needed to become a top player... I think I need help in team building, and deciding what moves to use at what time in the battle, I'm also not bad at prediction though it could use some tweaking... I also know a little about heavy offence and I've been using this style of play lately... I would really like to reach the top 50 list so I guess this tutor program would really help me out =]

Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU mostly (wouldn't mind learning about UU though :D)

A little about myself: well I'm starting university in october so I won't be on as much as now, but I'll find time to pkmn I guess... I'm a pretty average guy, I like sports (of course since I'm from Europe Football is like a way of life here), partying, clubbing and hanging out with friends =] I play pkmn to keep my mind fresh due to the mind games that are involved in battles :)

Shoddy Battle nick: Dustelemental
Time zone: 10+ (australia)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): usually 2am-6am (4pm-8pm in my time) i hate time zones
Experience level: moderatly ok that is why i want to do this
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): ou, uu, uber
A little about myself: i am in year 9 at high school. i have played pokemon ever since i was 5 i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)