Apprentice Program - "Round Fourty Six" - Zone C (6 AM - 2 PM EST)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Username: Lusit
Shoddy Username: Many, usually either Lusit or Lusit. (with the period) though.
Your timezone: EST
What tier do you want to learn?: OU, particularly I want to learn how to play stall.
Tell us a little about yourself: Well I've been playing pokemon for several years, ever since I got my first Game Boy. I absolutely loved the early games, and I have played every one of the games (most as a little boy) except for Pearl and Platinum. A few months ago (I think about May-June) I started playing on Shoddy battle for a forum competition on a small Pokemon forum, and instantaneously fell in love with it. I've never been that good, but I have amassed a peak rating of about ~1340. Wanting to get better, I've decided to sign up for the Battling 101 Program, where I can hopefully achieve a better grasp of Pokemon and skill at the game overall.

Username: Illuminati
Shoddy Username: Fallen Immortal
Your timezone: GMT + 4
What tier do you want to learn?: OU (Team Building and Prediction in particular)
Tell us a little about yourself: I am a 15 year olds. Known to be a quick learner and one who strives for perfection. I am pretty new to competitive battling and hence not used to the whole "prediction process." I like to play Offensively with a strong Defensive Core

Username: Fall
Shoddy Username: Fall.
Your timezone: PST
What tier do you want to learn?: OU, Possibly LC, but OU is priority
Tell us a little about yourself: Yo. I'm Fall. I'm a laid back 16 year old from California. No, I don't smoke weed. Haha. My favorite thing to do in my free time, besides Pokemon stuff, is playing drums. I've been playing drums for about 5 years, and I've been playing Pokemon for a few months now. I've been in kind of a slump Pokemon wise, as all of my teams end up failing and I feel like my long term thinking skills are not very good. Oh, and living in Cali, and being in school, I'm only going to be available from 12-2ish EST, except on Tuesdays. Cool thanks.

Username: Little Battler
Shoddy Username: littlebattler / lazermania
Your timezone: GMT + 7
What tier do you want to learn?: UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I have been playing pokemon for a while now, but never got the chance to play it competitively, so I have little to no experience. At first I wanted to sign up for OU, but seeing how crowded it is right now, and since I'm already interested in trying UU to begin with, I decide that I'll go with UU. I'll be available around 7-11 AM EST.

Username:ChernobylOverseer
Shoddy Username: ChernobylOverseer
Your timezone: Central Time Zone
What tier do you want to learn?: OU or UU (mostly OU)
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I can put together solid teams but they have mucho gaps in coverage, but for some reason they work. But when I fix the gaps, they don't work. I am pretty decent at stall, but I'm more comfortable with heavy offense. I've been playing pokemon since the good old Red and Blue days, but I just started competatively battling in this past Dec. As for non pokemon related stuff, I play guitar(ish) and I am trying to get somewhat decent at photoshop.

This is no longer the most suitable timeslot for me and I am therefore moving to the other thread.
Sorry for an inconvenience.

Shoddy Username: Alynna
What tier do you want to learn?: OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am familiar with Pokemon and have played since RBY days. I have next to no competitive battling experience and would like to learn how to create an effective team. I have some mornings open for tutoring.

Username: Pagz
Shoddy Username: Pagz
Tell us a little about yourself: Long time pokemon player, new time competitive player =P. Want to know as much as I can before the new generation rolls in.

Username:The Beast
Shoddy Username:Dargor
Your timezone:PST
What tier do you want to learn?:OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Well I'm a metalhead, mostly a thrasher but I love power and classic metal.
Anyway, I've been playing pokemon since I was 13 years old, I wanted to play the game since the anime was being shown on the WB... remember? xD
So recently I bought Platinum for 20 dlls across the border in Mexico in a swap meet. And I wanted to play against other people using the wi-fi and when I did I realized I SUCKED!!
I had heard about the tutoring offered here so I decid to join and learn in order to get better and build a great team using pokemon I love.

Username: Carparama
Shoddy Username: Carparama
Your timezone: Central, but these times are convenient for me.
What tier do you want to learn?: OU and UU. If I had to choose only one, I suppose I'd choose ... ... ... UU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm one of those folks who absolutely love strategy games. When it comes to Pokemon, I love the "NU" tier, as nobody gives it much respect. That being said, I want to start becoming active in ALL tiers, and become a decent all-around player. I love Poker, I'm very athletic, and I'm Canadian. Surprisingly though, I don't drink beer or play hockey. Sorry 'bout that.

Username:Amore
Shoddy Username:Amore
Your timezone:GMT.(England) But it's my school holiday, hence applying here.
What tier do you want to learn?:OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I love strategy games, and i love tons of pokemon. I can build teams with a generally good strategy, but not use them to their full. That said, i built a team last night in about 5 minutes, just copying out of the pokemon movesets section, and it won all but 2 of my battles.Sadly, 5 of them were forfeits the second i beat the guy's Blissey with my Scizor. I like breeding pokemon, however i can't IV breed, or RNG, so i only wi-fi battle with some friends on pokecommunity. I came here with 2 purposes:
-Obtain some good pokemon as pc's threads are drying up.
-Get better at battling so when the mods unblock me from their shoddy server (i beat them, and they got angry) i can go back and beat them again.

Username: Blaster
Shoddy Username: Arutha,Sulfure
Your timezone: Don't exactly know,sorry .I live in France .
Tell us a little about yourself: Im 15, and live in France. i need some help to improve my skil and for switchs

Username: Pharaoh
Shoddy Username: Pharaoh
Your timezone: GMT +2
What tier do you want to learn?:UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Well, I live in Egypt, I'm a grade 9 student, I like football. I love video games, especially Final Fantasy series and Kingdom Hearts series, as well as Call Of Duty. I always play OU and have found some success, Whenever I try to play another tier, I automatically suck. I want to start learning the two other tiers for the smogon tour, and I thought Uber would be simpler to try to teach myself. My favourite Pokemon is Jolteon, the rest of my faves are the entire eevee line, Scyther(not Scizor), Dragonite, and Jirachi.

Username: proninja
Shoddy Username: proninja
Your timezone: Gmt+0 (England)
Tell us a little about yourself: hi im proninja i play xbox (mw2)
love to bang out gamers daily on there
looking to learn everything about competitive battling

Username: LouieBH
Shoddy Username: louiebh
Your timezone: GMT 0 (England)
Tell us a little about yourself:Im from london Uk been playing pokemon since blue but looking to take my skill to a new level and start properly competitively and maybe go to vgc tournaments and place well

Username: MaakasuShido15
Shoddy Username: grimangelX
Timezone: Eastern(USA and Canada)
What tier do u want to learn? Ubers and OU
Tell us about yourself: I luv playing RPG's and pokemon is my favorite. I hav luved pokemin since birth and ever since i played red i never missed a game. I'm just learning about the game mechanics and im slowly getting the hang of it, but a little tutoring cud help. Last battle i was in was horrible cuz i got pummeled cuz my team had so many flaws. I need help creating a good team and battling the right way.

probably doesnt matter, here goes:

Username: Methamphetamine
Shoddy Username: Methamphetamine
Your timezone: MST
What tier do you want to learn?: OU, Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I skate a lot, and like to learn new things. I'm the opposite from being lazy and I try to do as much as I can. I have loved playing Pokemon since the early days of Elementary school, it's really fun. However, I just can't grasp certain important concepts of Pokemon competitive battling.

Username: Shadowspawn
Shoddy Username: AlfaWulf
Your timezone: GMT -5
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a 15 year old guy from the USA i like skiing, french (speaking it), and football. I've been playling Pkmn since i was 6 and am completely addictied to it. I'm soso with battling but i keep making mistakes in my battles that cost me the match and thats basically what i want to fix.

Username: 7ay
Shoddy Username: Harrlow Marlott
Your timezone: Westcoast California
What tier do you want to learn?: Ubers (in general) - touch up on OU if we have enough time.
Tell us a little about yourself: I like walks on beach, drinks with hats and chicks with racks. Been playing every tier on shoddy for awhile now. Except for Ubers. Ubers is the least played tier in the meta for me (even NU and NFE I have played more of) So by now I think is a good time to sink into Ubers and really learn that. (I want a head start with a tutor tho, otherwise I don't think I'll be able to get into it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)