Apprentice Program - Round Fourty Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoddy Battle nick: Raikizen
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Anywhere from 2 P.M. to 4 A.M. on most days.
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yes.
Experience level: I've been playing pokemon since it's first release. That said, I've only been competatively battling for a little over a year. I'm really interested in learning the finer details of competative battling, such as: When to switch, how to create a "Balanced" team, and prediction skills.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU mainly.
A little about myself: Well, I've been playing Pokemon since it was first released. When not on shoddy or doing various things on the computer, I'm usually reading, playing varying types of video games, or writing. I'm a first year college student, studying at North Georgia. My major is Computer Programming, with a minor in Mathematics.

Shoddy battle nick: bartozio
timezone: gmt+1
Regular online hours: Somewhere between 10 am and 11 pm i guess
Do you want to play in the tournament: Well, why not, oh i mean yes
Experience level: average, i think
Tiers i need help in: uu, ou, ubers
A little about myself: Well, I'm kinda new to battling with ev's and stuff, but i've been playing pokemon from the gold silver days. Uhm, I like playing pokemon on pbr, but ds can't get on wifi, I like gimmick, not much else to say i guess.

Shoddy Battle nick: Nauar
Time zone: GMT +1
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? yes!
Experience level: Need help in boht battling and teamuilding.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU
A little about myself: I'm german, my favourite pokemon is absol and I wanne learn =D

Shoddy Battle nick: Artimage
Time zone: EST (GMT -5)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): It varies. Though I can always try and make time if we plan in advance.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? No
Experience level: Moderate; I've been battling mostly with friends, so I don't know a great deal about many topics, including the Metagame.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): Any and every. As I said, my experience is VERY limited
A little about myself: Self-sufficient, geek and gamer, who has enjoyed the pokemon games but never really gotten the chance to learn a great deal about battling in a competitive fashion.

Shoddy Battle nick: Arb2
(for some reason i couldnt use arb :P)
Time zone: Eastern Standarn Time
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):off and on from about 8am-8pm (sometimes i cant get on thought)
Do you want to play in the tournament: no
Experience level:i tried putting together a team for the video game championships but i failed epically
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):OU
A little about myself: I really like pokemon. but i dont watch the show much. I enjoy music but i cant play an instrument worth a dang. i Love Mario kart Wii and consumes most of the time im not doing this

Shoddy Battle nick: AlphaBravo (duh)
Time zone: GMT+2
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Varies, can be online 07-11AM GMT-5
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes
Experience level: Moderate; I played in NB and lurked at early DP (I was not 13 but didnt register so i didnt see you need to be 13+)
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU Ubers

Shoddy Battle nick: Blackcharizard1456

Time zone:GMT
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 4PM-5.30PM
Experience level: Moderate, i really need some team building help
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU Uber
A little about myself: Well ive been playing for about a year now and im ok .I like mario kart and SSBB.

Shoddy Battle nick: randompi314159
Time zone: HST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 12 AM-6 AM
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? yes
Experience level: Kind of new to competitive. Been playing Pokemon since R/B/Y, but only recently got into competitive battling. I would like help with team building and battle strategy.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU
A little about myself: I'm going to be a junior in a couple weeks. I am sort of a straight A student, who isn't in band and who has too much free time. Or I used to. I am usually just plaing video games, talking on AIM (sometimes), or on the computer if I'm not occupied with school work or doing something else. And I know this may crush my chances, but over all I take my school work, clubs, and what not as first priority, and any other hobbies 2nd and down. And like I mentioned before I'm starting school again, so I'm going to have work to do and may not always be able to do this. Just letting you know in advance.

I was debating on it, but I guess I'll sign up.

Shoddy Battle nick:
trombone13
Time zone: GMT -05:00 (Eastern)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 6am-2pm
Experience level: I've played competitively for a few months now, but I don't feel that I have the full grasp of a lot of techniques that would be very useful to me in my battling, especially in the Gym Assistant position I have on the forum I frequent. (I use Gastrodon a lot if that tells you anything... o_O xD)
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): UU, OU (Note here that the forum where I play [over Wi-Fi; no hacking, in case it needs mentioning] has slightly revised tiers [i.e. still a BL tier] and does not allow Legendaries at all, including those non-Uber. That's why I didn't list Uber as needed.)
A little about myself: I play trombone (obviously), my favorite Pokemon is Wynaut (to be honest, I don't know why, LOL; I just like 'im), and though my computer time is somewhat limited right now <_<, I'm ready to learn. :D

Shoddy Battle nick: Pharaoh
Time zone: GMT +2
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 8 pm to 2 pm on and off.
Experience level: In DPPt, I am not very good, I lack experience and prediction, because i don't know everything about it. I want to know what to expect and how to counter it.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU - UU - Uber
A little about myself: I'm egyptian, I play soccer(football to me), I enjoy hanging out with friends or chilling online. I have participated in the program before, but I couldn't meet with my tutor, besides having to stop going online because of family problems.

Shoddy Battle nick: Raikaria
Time zone: GMT (EST+5)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): GMT: 9am-10pm, EST: 4am -> 5pm
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yes
Experience level: Moderate, at high 1200's CVE
A little about myself: I have quite a lot of free time, having just finished high school, and will be quite active.

Shoddy Battle nick: Diploman
Time zone: GMT +10
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): About 1 or 2 AM EST to about 4 or 5 AM EST on weekdays, varying times on weekends
Experience level: Okay
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): Ubers, UU, OU (I'm fairly good at OU [got above 1600 once but it was using Deoxys-E] and okay at UU [currently participating in a WiFi UU Tournament, made it to 3rd round], but not that much in Ubers)
A little about myself: I generally do WiFi around here or play Pokemon platinum/watch TV. Pokemon has basically taken over my life >.<

Shoddy Battle nick: Wind Mage Vaati
Time zone: Eastern Standard
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Varies from noon - 12, usually on 5 - 12
Experience level: Played competitively since the start of DP. Was a fairly good battler. Then, I stopped playing for a while to pick up on brawl instead. With the Plat changes coming, things really got screwed up. I just need help getting back into he metagame.
A little about myself: As stated before a big brawl player. Also play Baseball + Basketball, just a nintendo game fan.

Shoddy Battle nick: The Hitman
Time zone: Eastern Standard
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Most of the time, mainly 1 - 5 and 7 - 12 PM.
Experience level: Decent. Played since early DP. Had sucsess early, even making the top 10 in old UU. Went away from Comp. Battling for a while and need help getting back into it, with team building and the like.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU/UU, Ubers
A little about myself: Love sports in general, Dolphins, Heat, Marlins, Hurricanes fan. Play Basketball and Football, HUUUUUGE Queen Fan, maybe a bit obsessive xD.

Shoddy Battle nick: I go own as HoundoomDude or Peak on SmogonU.
Time zone:EST(Eastern Standard Time)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):After 5:00 PM on most days except Moday and Wednsday. Saturday after 1:00 PM. Friday(most of the time) and Sunday are completely free.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no?Yes
Experience level:I'm very average, I do have my good moments, but I'm your regular battler that has a good grasp on the competitive aspects on Pokemon.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):OU, Ubers, UU
A little about myself:I take Mixed Martial Arts Classes(that explains Monday, Wednsday and Saturday). I like Pokemon (obviously), Hockey(not on any team), Basketball(plan to try out when school comes around) and plain old biking. I happen to love to swim. I happen to go to the beach often, since I live very close to the beach.My favorite mon is Houndoom. I'm a grammer-holic and look for mistakes everywhere.

Shoddy Battle nick: zaktrunks
Time zone: EDT
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 7pm to midnight
Experience level: beginner, playing on shoddy for a couple months but nothing beyond that
A little about myself: college grad with a job workin as a lab tech outside of cleveland. Looking for some way to improve on my team building and prediction skills... i just hope I'm not too late.

Shoddy Battle nick: Revengeful
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Weekdays is about 5:30 PM to 9:30 PM due to work. Weekends are mostly free unless something comes up.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no?: Sure.
Experience level: Little to none.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU preferably.
A little about myself: I've been laying Pokemon since the early days of Red and Blue version, but only recently have I been interesting in starting competetive play. 16 years old, work more hours than a I should a week (But it's good money), going into senior year of high school.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Wow ok I think that's enough people! We're working with a limited numbers of tutors this round, sorry to those who don't get a spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)