Apprentice Program - Round Fourty Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
We are ready to begin Round Fourty Two of the tutoring program; if you wish to get a tutor for this round all you have to do is post your profile in the format below. Tutors will be an excellent resource for you to learn Pokemon team building and battling strategies, as well as someone who can help "initiate" you into the Smogon Community. We are here for you...so take advantage!

NEW! We now tutor the UU and Ubers tiers rather than just the OU tier. Please do not forget to indicate which tiers you would like to learn in order of preference, and we will accommodate you as best we can.

This round will last until August 10, 2009.

Shoddy Battle nick:
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no?
Experience level:
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):
A little about myself:

*You don't have to be good...just willing to learn. So, don't be shy; Sign up now!

YOU MUST BE ABLE TO USE SHODDY BATTLE TO PARTICIPATE!

If at any point during this round you encounter a problem (difficulty getting together with your tutor, etc.), let me know and we will work to resolve the issue.

Round Fourty Two Match-Ups

Jimbo - thegrumpysnorlax
Kevin Garrett - Crunchatize Me
Bologo - Rayne Sylvan
reachzero - Vastro Lorde
Sapientia - Clyderw
Vashta - Meta Beast
Great Sage - YoshiThePirate
Elevator Music - cmurph
jrr - KikiYikers
JabbaTheGriffin - Bad Ass
Mekkah - Accent
LonelyNess - j0ht0_m4st3r
august - requiems
tennisace - Fuzznip
Astamatitos - Mendokuse
Seven Deadly Sins - Xia
Twist of Fate - Mrs Officer
SoT - Umbreon Dan
moi - Tyranitarphantom
Plus - lastplacer
panamaxis - wraith
Aeroblacktyl - BabysAreFood
Phillip7082 - VaderPhish
Legacy Raider - loedoc

Tutoring Program

Assigned to Sapientia

Shoddy Battle nick: Clyderw, Clyder
Time zone: GMT + 10
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 2 – 4 AM Weekdays, All day Weekends
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes
Experience level: Scale of 1 to 10? 6?
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU, Uber
A little about myself: I lived in Western Australia for most of my life but we moved to Sydney in 2005. I’ve played Pokémon since I was 5 and I was around in the days of Netbattle but I never really got into it. I think the thing that gives me the most trouble is team building. I’m on Shoddy Battle whenever I’m on the computer and although I’m only on for 2 hours on Weekdays I try to get on whenever I can. I swim a lot so some days I won’t be able to get on at all.

Assigned to Twist of Fate

Shoddy Battle nick: B1tchboy, Bitchboy, Famine9, Famine8, Famine, Famine-Ladder, Mrs. Officerr
Time zone: USA Central, -06:00 Chicago or something like that.
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): All all the time
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes
Experience level: A Few Months competative, i want to take the next step.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU, UBer literally that order, I live in the real world also so NU doesn't exist.
A little about myself: I am a beast? i played pokemon forever and i want to get from the level i'm on now to the next step and hopefully become a smogon great, iv'e hit 1490 on shoddy thousands of times, i want to go from there to 1600 and so on.... I'm tired of bieng mediocure...

TOF said he would tutor me when i asked him. I'm Famine on SynIRC.
I also love tay :3

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Assigned to JabbaTheGriffin

Shoddy Battle nick: bad ass.
Time zone: Eastern Standard Time (GMT -6?)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): im on pretty regularly throughout the day
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? yesyesyesyes
Experience level: a looooot, just been kinda slumping lately
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): Ubers, OU, UU

Assigned to Kevin Garrett

Shoddy Battle nick: Capn Crunch.., Crunchatize Me
Time zone: GMT -5 (Eastern Standard Time)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): I pop in and out anywhere from 1:00 PM - to Midnightish; I can be flexible
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no?: Yes
Experience level: Medium
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, Ubers, UU
A little about myself: I discovered competitive pokemon mid-fall last year and pretty much taught myself to play, with help from friends on other sites. My teams are very inconsistent; building teams is the hardest part. Outside of pokemon, I like hanging out with friends at the park, other video games, and movies. I also live in New York City, which is really cool.

Xia

On porpoise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to Seven Deadly Sins

Shoddy Battle nick: Xia.
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): I can be on nearly anytime for the next few weeks, but once football starts I'll only be available from about 16:00-21:00.
Experience level: Current rating is about 1220 OU, and I was up to about 1250 UU about three months ago.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, UU, Ubers
A little about myself: I live in Ohio (have all my life), and have been playing Pokemon since it came out. I've been here at Smogon for about 2.5 years, and have really improved over this time. I also was a wifidiot for a long while, before branching out to the other subforums in the university. I was paired up with Tangerine before, but would have no problem being paired with them again, since my Shoddy quit working mid-round last time I entered.

Assigned to LonelyNess

Shoddy Battle nick: j0ht0_m4st3r
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Weekdays: 3 to 5PM,
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? yes
Experience level: Intermediate
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): UU, OU, Ubers
A little about myself: I've played pokemon for a good 2 years now probably. On and off, I hadn't played for at least six months as of two weeks ago, so everything has changed and i'm still playing catch up. But i definitely wanna get back into competitive battling and be good :) and this will definitely help. Born and raised in Sterling, VA, w00t w00t, and just graduated from a private Christian school, goin to college this august gonna get my CPA

Assigned to SoT

Shoddy Battle nick: umbreon dan
Time zone: -5
Regular Online Hours: honestly I'm online almost constantly these days
Do you want to play in the tournament: sounds like fun I'll say yes
Experience level: ehhhh 6-8
Tiers I need help in: ou, uu
A little about myself: I live in canada where it's cold as ice this time of year. I rarely visit the Smogon server, preferring the quiet life of the CAP server, where I've become fairly well-known.

can I request Beej as my tutor? If he's not around, any of the CAP crew will be fine: Plus, SoT, Bass, tennisace, Elevator Music or darkie, please. (I don't see a tutor list anywhere so I'm guessing)

Assigned to august

Shoddy Battle nick: requiems, Stormclouds
Time zone: USA Eastern
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 4 PM - 11 PM
Do you want to play in the tournament: No.
Experience level: I've played a few months in OU, but that's about it.
A little about myself: I played a bit of Netbattle back in 3rd gen. Not too much, and just casually. I'm often on Shoddy whenever I test out new teams, which is quite often. I'd really like to become better at both building teams and battling. To be honest, I feel like I'm a mediocre player, but I think I can certainly become better.

Assigned to jrr

Shoddy Battle nick: KikiYikers
Time zone: GMT -6 (Mountain Time Zone)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 7-9 PM Eastern
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yes
Experience level: Competitively? I have no idea. Some?
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): Standard, UU, Uber
A little about myself: I've been playing Pokemon since it was first released in the US. I'm not great at battling and I just want to get better. D= I'm shy so this is kinda hard. I've been playing with a team that may or may not be very good but I like thinking around problems and using what I have to win.

Assined to tennisace

Shoddy Battle nick: Fuzznip
Regular Online Hours: Pretty much from 11 am to 4 pm, or 11 pm to 1 am.
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yes.
Experience level: I'm pretty familiar with OU, and I'm a decent battler to be honest. I'm not very good in UU or Ubers though.
Tiers I need help in: OU, UU, Ubers.
A little about myself: Well, I've always loved competitive battling. I'm also a competitive person myself, the kind that "always wants to win" I guess you could say. I want to be a Pokemon master, haha. I rarely visit SU, so I'm generally not known very well over there. I spend my time in the CAP server where I feel much more comfortable.

(I'd also like to request a CAP tutor, since I'm well known on the CAP server, it will definitely be easier on the both of us.)

Assigned to Great Sage

Shoddy Battle nick: PirateTheYoshi, YoshiThePirate
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 7-10
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? no
Experience level: Moderate - High
A little about myself: I've been a part of this tutoring program quite a few times and just love it. Unlike other sites this one actually gets the job done. :). I love sports, my favorite subject is science and my favorite tier is OU.

Assigned to Bologo

Shoddy Battle nick: Rayne Sylvan
Time zone: GMT-6 (Mountain Time Zone)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): roughly 7-9 PM eastern time
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yes, it would be fun.
Experience level: Moderate to bad =(
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): Standard, and maybe Ubers
A little about myself: I've been trying (with only a little success) to play this game competitively for about a year now, but I feel a little lost when it comes to things like team construction and long-term planning during a match, and I feel like I need some direction and instruction to give me some grounding to build on.

I've played other competitive games in the past (particularly, M:tG), but I'm having a lot of trouble making the transition =(

Assigned to reachzero

Shoddy battle nick: Vastro Lorde
Time zone: USA Eastern (GMT -05:00 New York)
Regular online hours:(Eastern Only) 3pm - 11 pm
Experience level: High
Tiers i need help in (in order of preference): OU, Ubers,UU
A Little about myself: Iv'e been living in NY my entire life, and im a pretty easy going and calm minded person. Iv'e been playing pokemon since Red/Blue/Yellow, and started playing compretitivly about 4 years ago. I enjoy Listening to metal, watching anime, hanging out with friends, and battling.

May i request Aeolus** or Twist of Fate as my tutor? Thanks

Assigned to Vashta

Shoddy Battle nick: MetaBeast0629
Time zone: Central
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): All The Time
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes
Experience level: Good But Not Great
A little about myself: Im a beast, Im good but I want to get to the next level and become great. I have been playing pokemon for a long time now so that jump to greatness needs to happen soon.

May I Request TAY, Sapientia, or Twist Of Fate as my tutor. Thank You :)

Assigned to Jimbo

Shoddy Battle nick: thegrumpysnorlax
Time zone: GMT -5
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): (whoops) past 9 on weekdays, pretty much anytime on weekends
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? nope
Experience level: new to competitive battling
A little about myself: Lived in Illinois my whole life, I've always loved video games, but I used to think that pokemon was just for little kids, so for a while I didn't touch them. Then my cousin let me borrow red version, I was hooked, been playing them ever since. I really enjoy pokemon, but beating the computers ingame is only fun for so long, competitive seems like a fun new way to play pokemon. I really want to get into competitive battling, but scarcely know where to start, so the tutor program seems perfect.

Assigned to Elevator Music

Shoddy Battle nick: Bigtool05
Time zone: Eastern
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Don't really have any, but mornings, say 10-12 are good, as are evenings at 8-11
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? yeah sure
Experience level: a couple months
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU, Uber
A little about myself: Been playing since May when I first decided to give competitive battling a try. I'm gotten to be a pretty good battler I think, I've hit a ladder rating in the low 1500s a couple times, but I'm bad at team building, especially designing teams that can reliably beat stall so that's where I'd like the most help. I'd also like to try my hand at the Uber metagame but I'm not sure where to start.

Assigned to moi

Shoddy Battle nick: Tyranitarphantom, Yosuke Hanamura, Naoto Shirogane
Time zone: Eastern
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 2:00 PM - 2:00 AM
Experience level: My highest rating has been about 1400, if that tells you anything
A little about myself: I play competitive Pokemon and Super Smash Bros (Melee and Brawl), and I'm really into RPGs (my favorites being Persona 3(FES), Persona 4, Kingdom Hearts, and The World Ends With You

Assigned to Phillip7086

Shoddy Battle nick: VaderPhish
Time zone: (-10:00 GMT): Hawaiian Standard Time, which is six hours behind Eastern Time currently. We don't have daylight savings.
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): During the summer, I'm flexible, but I cannot play on Friday/Saturday on Friday 10 P.M to Saturday 3 P.M. During school days, I can play from (EST) 12 P.M-1 PM, and from 3 A.M to 4 A.M. Weekends are flexible.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes.
Experience level: I know that I'm not a noob at competitive game play, because I've managed to get into the middle 1200's, but recently, I've fallen into a losing streak, and I want to take my game play to the next level.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference):OU/UU/Ubers
A little about myself: I have an interest in composing music and directing moves. I am pretty intelligent and have gotten several academic awards. I have good memory, and like strategic games.

If possible, I want TAY, Seven Deadly Sins, or LonleyNess as my tutor.

Assigned to Aeroblacktyl

Shoddy Battle nick:BabysAreFood
Time zone:GMT - 8:00(Pacific)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 2:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Do you want to play in the tournament: Of course
Experience level: I've played in OU quite a few times, but I'm not that good. I switched to UU.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): UU, OU, Ubers
A little about myself: I've played Pokemon since I was four, but I only started playing with EVs and IVs in game not too long ago. I don't really have a good grasp on team construction and synergy as well as anticipation. I'm from California, more specifically the Bay Area if you're wondering.

Assigned to panamaxis

Shoddy Battle nick: Wraith
Time zone: PST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Free just about anytime that's not a tuesday or a thursday. I have work on those days.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? yes
Experience level: I'm decent.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): UU/Ubers/OU
A little about myself: I learned about pokemon all those years back when I read a few cartoons in my nintendo power about these creatures called pokemon.

Assigned to Plus

Shoddy Battle nick: lastplacer
Time zone: EST (GMT -5)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Usually any time after 3pm
Do you want to play in the tournament: No
Experience level: Moderate
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): UU, OU
A little about myself: I've been battling competitively for about a year now, but mainly just with a select few people. I haven'r really took the time to learn the intricacies of competetitive battling, but just rather using what I've learned on my own. Since my first actual team on shoddy, I've been mainly focused on UU, although I am still happy using OU.

Assigned to Astamatitos

Shoddy Battle nick: -Mendokuse-
Time zone: Hawai'i ([SIZE=-1]GMT - 10h during Standard Time. Hawaii does not observe Daylight Saving Time.)[/SIZE]
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Eh, I'll answer anyway. Anywhere from noon to midnight. Usually on for hours at a time :)
Do you want to play in the tournament: Sure!
Experience level: Low. I've played Shoddy off and on for about a year but never very consistently so I don't know much about what's good, what's new, etc. However I think I'm far from a "beginner". I've gotten a lot better at predicting and I understand concepts like EVs for example. My biggest challenge is probably team building (synergy and covering roles and all that)
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU and UU. I'm not into Ubers at all but I'm open to trying it out.
A little about myself: I've got way too much free time on my hands, Shoddy is addictive, I like loud music and greek food? :)

Assigned to Legacy Raider

Shoddy Battle nick: loedoc
Time zone: PST/GMT-7
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM Just as a side note, I will only be here until August 2nd. If that prevents from entering this round, that's ok, just tell me.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? no
Experience level: I play Shoddy a little, but I'm not that good at all.
Tiers I need help in (in order of preference): OU/UU/Ubers
A little about myself: I like to play guitar, and am pretty interested in heavy metal music. I do pretty good in school, and of course, pokemon is my favorite game. I would really like to learn more about pokemon. I sometimes seem to have this awesome team in my head, and I make a team on Shoddy. But the team kind of falls on its face and I get discouraged. If I was better, I'd defineitly play more Shoddy Battle, hopefully with a better team, and all around better pokemon skill.

If I can, may I request Great Sage, JabbaTheGriffen, Legacy Raider, August, or Earthworm as my tutor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)