Apprentice Program - Round Thirty Five

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assigned to LonelyNess

Shoddy Battle nick: Kharozz
Time zone: PST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Tuesdays, Thursdays, & Saturdays 11:00pm – 12:30am
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Preferably yes :D
Experience level: So and so I guess, I win some and I lose some.
A little about myself: Very excited to do this and to get better at competitive battling. Hoping to get a stop this time (since I almost never do anyways)

Assigned to DawnBringer

Shoddy Battle nick: tofu951753
Time zone: GMT +8 (Pacific)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): I'm usually on at around 10:00 P.M. to 2:00 P.M. Eastern time for weekdays. For weekends, i can be pretty flexible at times.
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Yes
Experience level: I think i'm pretty bad, hesitates a lot, and needs a lot of work on battling and team building.
A little about myself: I'm in high school and like meeting new people and just having fun.

Assigned to Articanus

Shoddy Battle Nick: Dizzleman22/Dizzleman22t3st/dizzleman22test
Time Zone: American Pacific time
Regular Online Hours: Eastern time evenings, weekends pretty open
Do you want to play in the Tournament?: absolutely yes
experience level: just made a team thats undefeated for the past 2 days, wondering why, and need some all around help
a little about myself: i have a ton of HW, and i love sports and AIM chatting.

Assigned to Brawley

Shoddy Battle nick: MagicMaster87
Time zone: Eastern US time
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 10:30PM to around 3-4 AM, usually
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? Sure, if there's spots still open.
Experience level: I've been playing for about a month now, but my knowledge is still pretty spotty, and I really need to learn how to predict better
A little about myself: I'm a male resident of Massachusetts, and I love playing videogames. I'm a decent programmer, although I'm a bit rusty from non-use, and I also like to read. The Yugioh TCG is another hobby of mine, so if you like that too, give me a holler!

Assigned to Sapientia

Shoddy Battle nick: Xenon

Time zone
: IST (Indian Standard Time) (GMT +05:30) (EST +10:30)

Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Nothing Specific, but flexible.

Do you want to play in the tournament
: Obviously spots won't be open, so no.

Experience level*: A few years on NetBattle and a year on ShoddyBattle. I don't have many problems in predicting and general knowledge about the metagame, but i really suck at team building, which is where i need a lot of help.

Assigned to Havak

Shoddy Battle nick: Thorn
Time zone: GMT +10
Regular Online Hours: 5-7pm Australian time...
Do you want to play in the tournament?: yes or no? Yes, if there are still spots, but don't prioritise me for the tournament.
Experience level: Over 9000! No not really. I'm pretty good now, I've made a couple of decent teams and my prediction skills are strong now.
A little about myself: Well I live in Sydney and no I will not buy you a kangaroo/koala/crocodile.

I'd like to request Olie or MS as a tutor if that's OK.

LightWolf

lightwoof
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Assigned to Twash

Shoddy Battle nick: LightWolf
Time zone: GMT +1
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 8 AM - 4 PM EST
Experience level: I was tutored one time already but I feel I'm still bad at team building
A little about myself: I'm really shy, this is a warning to my tutor.

Assigned to moi

Shoddy Battle nick: swampertforever
Time zone: GMT
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): friday to sunday
Experience level: not that bad, just not good either. i need help in battling and strategic team making.
A little about myself: i get upset easily, but i bottle it up. i can be annoying and completely random at times.

Shoddy Battle nick: Aisu Tsukai
Time zone: Eastern Timezone
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Any day of the week
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no?: Sure.
Experience level:Not Terribly good, but not horrid.
A little about myself: I'm usually Serious, and can't take jokes, low Self Esteem and stuff. Other than that not a bad guy =D

Tutor plz

Shoddy Battle nick: freekill
Time zone: GMT +10 (sydney)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Monday-Tuesday, Saturday-Sunday
Experience level: I started shoddy battle 1 week ago and i need some help in making a team and battling
A little about myself: Im in highschool in Sydney and i have recently started playing pokemon again after i found out about platinum =] I like playing games and im eager to learn as much as i can from this experience

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Shoddy Battle nick: Chris, Stupid Title Chris, Chris is me
Time zone: Central
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 7 PM - 3 AM
Do you want to play in the tournament: Yes
Experience level: Fairly experienced as in I know the fundamentals about the game, basically everything you can read on site. I'm having trouble applying that to team building or winning matches, though. So I don't need the "Scizor is a physical sweeper with Swords Dance" as much as the "this is a mistake you should avoid, this is how you build a team, this is how to make informed prediction decisions".
A little about myself: I could be banned!

I would like to request Aeroblacktyl for my tutor per a recommendation by Gouki.

Shoddy Battle nick: JWedge
Time zone: Pacific
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 9pm-12am
Do you want to play in the tournament: yes or no? yes
Experience level: I've read a lot about competitive battling but have absolutely no hands on experience in it. I'm eager to learn all their is to know. I've been into pokemon since R/B/Y and have always aspired to play the game the way it should be: against human opponents.
A little about myself: I'm into a lot of competitive scenes like MTG, Yu-Gi-Oh and SSBB and am hoping to learn a lot about this one.

I just woke up and there are already two pages!?
Shoddy Battle nick: 91ale
Time zone: GMT-5 (I think its the same as EST)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):16:00 to 22:00
Experience level: Im an okay. I’ve played competitively . I have basic knowledge. However, my teams never appear as having a strategy. I need help at battling and team building. Last round I learned lots with Olie
A little about myself: I love fútbol (soccer)
Thanks for the help :)!

Shoddy Battle nick: bubman
Time zone: eastern
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): weekdays around 8 to 10 pm and weekends varies, can get on at random times
Experience level: i am pretty good but there are some things i dont think i have completly down
A little about myself: i have 2 brothers and 4 sisters so sometimes the computer is taken, im nice and patient so i dont mind learning new things

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
With limited tutors at our disposal, there will be a few here that miss out unfortunately.

Pairings will be up within the next couple of days, so keep your eyes peeled for matchups!

Blue Kirby

Never back down.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Official Battling 101 Tournament #6 - Round One

It's that time again, folks! We have 32 apprentices fresh from Rounds 34 and 35 ready and raring to prove that they've got the stuff to be admitted into the Battling 101 Hall of Fame. Good luck to everyone!

Wedge v Serenity
Pink v Kankuro
Too_Hungry35 v fabio
GotengoXGodzilla v lionking
THE IRON KENYAN v Mr_Goodbar
Miltonic v Kazio32
hodge v Lunar Fang
(Tyranitarphantom v Soma)
jenigmat429 v theshadow1
Doman v Flounder
skiddle v xat
Valantaro v mintyfresh7
Lightning-Z v possession999
Plus v Drunk Bidoof
Truthi v SuperSimon
9tailed-phoenix v Hocotate

Rules:
~ Evasion Clause enabled
~ Freeze Clause enabled
~ OHKO Clause enabled
~ Sleep Clause enabled
~ Species Clause enabled
~ Timed Battle enabled
~ Avoid scouting (scouting on purpose will result in a disqualification from the tournament)
~ No illegal movesets (such as Pursuit & Selfdestruct Snorlax)
~ Any Pokemon defined as "Uber" by Smogon is banned from the tournament (yes, this means Garchomp!)
~ Please PM logs to me after completing your battles to clear up any conflicts should they arise

If you have any queries, please forward them to myself.

The deadline for this round is December 17, 7:00PM (GMT +8).

Wedge v Serenity
Pink v Kankuro
Too_Hungry35 v fabio
Miltonic v Kazio32
hodge v Lunar Fang
Tyranitarphantom v Soma
jenigmat429 v theshadow1
Doman v Flounder
skiddle v xat
lionking v mintyfresh7
Plus v Drunk Bidoof
Truthi v SuperSimon

good luck mates!
Oh, and lionking is on twice, BK.

Rooting for my apprentice, theshadow1 ^__^

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
edit- talked to bk, I'll be rooting for people from the sidelines! Good luck eveyone.

Rooting for Ttarphantom, goodbar and hungry especially!

i dunno i could replace the second lionking >:) (just kidding)

Wedge v Serenity
Pink v Kankuro
Too_Hungry35 v fabio
THE IRON KENYAN
v Mr_Goodbar
Miltonic v Kazio32
hodge v Lunar Fang
Tyranitarphantom v Soma
jenigmat429 v theshadow1
Doman v Flounder - easiest pick
skiddle v xat - bah this was easy pick as well
lionking v mintyfresh7
Plus v Drunk Bidoof
Truthi v SuperSimon

I get to battle the public masturbater I see lol, send me a PM if you see me on though I'll be a tad busy this week studying

Only the ones I know...

Pink v Kankuro
Miltonic v Kazio32
hodge v Lunar Fang
jenigmat429 v theshadow1 - ;)
Doman v Flounder
skiddle v xat
Plus v Drunk Bidoof
Truthi v SuperSimon

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
Wedge v Serenity
Pink v Kankuro
Too_Hungry35 v fabio
Miltonic v Kazio32
hodge v Lunar Fang
Tyranitarphantom v Soma
jenigmat429 v theshadow1
Doman v Flounder
skiddle v xat
Valantaro v mintyfresh7
Plus v Drunk Bidoof
Truthi v SuperSimon

Good luck everyone. :]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)