Apprentice Program - Round Twenty Five

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assigned to MS

Shoddy Battle nick: Servant, Servant-Testing
Time zone: GMT+8
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): I usually go on at 2/3-10 pm sometimes earlier.
Experience level: On a scale of one to 10: 2 I just started battling competitively recently. I have however received tremendous help from my fellow players and friends. While I did participate last round time restraints prevented me from meeting Gouki that often and it hurt me a lot since I wasn't able to learn as much as I should I have.
A little about myself: Nice to meet you my name's Lee I'm an incoming college student. As I mentioned earlier I'm a newbie to the competitive scene however I believe I'm a pretty fast learner. If it's not too much to ask could I have Blue Kirby as my tutor this round (I've already asked him personally and he's okay with it). I kinda know him already and we live in the exact same timezone(iirc). Thank you very much and have a nice day ^_^.

Assigned to JabbaTheGriffin

Shoddy Battle Nick: Ghandi1988
Time zone: GMT
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 5 pm - 10 pm
Experience level: I was in a previous battle tutor, however due to time restraints on both our behalfs we didn't get much done. I am a semi-mediofcre battler. I still cannot make a team for the life of me, and I've yet to pass the first round of a tourny. I'm also unable to find a particular type of battling that suits myself.
A little about myself: I'm nicknamed Ghandi after being the total opposite to Gandhi. I am a huge Scrubs fan, and I am forming an Air Band called Pro-Christ Air. I can easily grasp new concepts, and I am quite dedicated in bettering myself.

Assigned to Great Sage

Shoddy Battle Nick:Maji or Catal
Time Zone:Eastern
Regular Online Hours (Eastern Only): 2pm to 11 pm, Weekends about all day.
Experience Level: I would say im above average i, have knowledge of the game but feel my team building skill's are lackluster.I also feel that i would beable to improve my prediction as well with someone more experience then myself.
A little about myself: I’m a senior in high school i like to play pokemon in my spare time.I like to play most games and watch anime , other hobbies would include sports just a well rounded individual.

Assigned to Maniaclyrasist

Shoddy Battle nick:Abcd45678
Time zone: Eastern
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Ever day except for Tuesday 3pm-8pm
Experience level*
: Novice
A little about myself: I am the pretty tipical kid. I get A's in most of my classes and play some sports here and there, nothing special.

Assigned to Tsurukawa

Shoddy Battle nick: L05t_caws_15
Time zone:
US EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):
Weekends anytime, Weekdays 8-9:30
Experience level*:
I've been part of this program before, but I feel I still need to learn a lot more about team building and competitive battling.
A little about myself: I play 360 when I'm not playing pokemon or playing basketball. I'm in 8th grade. Basketball is my life. lol

Assigned to Xaio

Shoddy Battle nick: yellowshark1130
Time zone:
GMT+8
Morning for people in America. Usually weekends
Experience level*:A little about myself:
A little bit of battling experience, I tend to use UU/BL in standards. Though I do use OUs every now and then. My weak team making skills is my main problem. Trying my hardest to improve my playing skills (and to get over how I get too nervous when I battle) and then I came across this from a friend. He said this could help my dilemnas. So yeah. Thanks for the support! :).

Assigned to marrilpet

Shoddy Battle nick: AgguroV
Time zone:
(GMT-04:00) Atlantic Time (Canada)
3:00 - 9:00 weekdays, and random times on weekends (but pretty much completely open)
Experience level*:
A little about myself: Well, I've followed the Pokemon games since red/blue getting at least one game from each generation. I know pretty much all the basics to Pokemon but that's about it. I don't really have any competitive experience but I have read about the advanced things (mainly IVs and EVs and I looked at the tier lists). Hmmm, I guess that's about it.

Assigned to KinglerDude24

Shoddy Battle nick: Kettleballer
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Weekdays 4-7 P.M.; Weekends 2-5 P.M.
Experience level*: I have a good amount of experience on shoddy battle, but I feel like my team building skills could be improved immensely
A little about myself: I'm getting more and more into D/P after having left the scene for a little while after playing a whole bunch of R/S/E, and I want to get a better idea of how to counter the current metagame within team design especially.

Also, I would like to request StrangerDanger as a tutor if that's possible. I've played against him before and seen what he can do, and it would be great if I could learn from him more in depth instead of only via getting my butt kicked.

Shoddy Battle nick: Sike
Time zone: GMT +8
3am-7am on weekdays
10pm Friday- 8am Saturday
11pm Saturday- 7am Saturday
Experience level*: I was with another battle tutor previously, but due to the time difference, we were unable to meet. I'm a decent battler, but have poor team building skills.
A Little about Myself: I've been playing pokemon since R/B/Y, but only got into competitive battling about a week or 2 ago. I get A's in most subjects, and like programming (especially wiimotes).

I would like to request someone within 2 hours of my timezone if possible, so as to avoid the problems i experienced last time.

Assigned to Blu

Shoddy Battle nick: travisurfer
Time zone: US Eastern Time
Regular Online Hours: Anytime this week, which is preferred for most tutoring, any time during the weekends, and between 7:00pm and 10:00pm on school days.
Experience level: I generally consider myself pretty experienced as I've been playing D/P competitively since it came out. I haven't, however, been able to breakthrough the Shoddy Ladder which is my goal before making my wi-fi team. I seem to have peaked around the 1300 point range and can't seem to get much further. At this point I have come up with quite a few strategies but they just aren't consistent enough and I can never seem to pully them off on a regular basis seeing as I'm only winning 50-75% of the time. Due to my rank I have played a few of the tutors and done quite well against them but I still feel that I have a lot to learn from the top players and would really appreciate any kind of information they have to offer.
A Little About Myself: I'm a junior in highschool taking too many AP classes so that I can get into a good high school. I run track and cross country competitively but enjoy surfing when I get a chance. Overall, I'm generally easy to get along with. I do consider myself smart when it comes to actual knowledge and grades(ie A's in AP Chem/Calc and a 30 on the ACT) but I'm always more than willing to learn. In my ever expanding want to excel in everything I do, I want a mentor to show me more of the intricacies involved in the game to allow me to become one of the better players so that I can play even more competitively on Wi-fi and PBR.

I guess thats about it. I am looking forward to the tutoring program and what it can do for me. BTW, if it's at all possible, I'd really like to have husk, spaniard, or gorm as my mentor but if the person is good enough to become a smogon tutor, thats good enough for me.

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
Shoddy Battle nick: dragonites
Time zone:EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):4-10 PM
Experience level*:A little about myself: Been playing since December and have pretty decent rating on Shoddy. Brawley asked that I request him if possible.

Shoddy Battle nick: Atoyont
Time zone: MDT
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 7:00 pm -9:00 pm
Experience level: Average. I like to be unique.

A little about myself: Haven't been playing for a while, but I'm still interested.

Shoddy Battle nick: Fierce Deity
Time zone: GMT
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 4-8
Experience level: I've played pokemon since RBY, but only started to get serious with DP. I sorted me a proper team on WiFi and did well in loads of tourneys, winning one. On shoddy is a different matter due to all the maximised teams, but i still hold my ground there. But of course, i still have lots to learn.

Shoddy Battle nick:TNAfan121
Time zone:CDT
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):1-8
Experience level*:Allmost complete noob

Shoddy Battle nick: BFC

Time zone: Eastern Time

Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Weekdays: 5:00 PM-8:00PM (Except on Tuesdays SAT Class and maybe sometimes earlier than 5:00 depending on my Homework) Weekends: 9:00 AM- 12:00 PM

Experience level*: I consider myself average player (I will let the Tutor decide that though) I do find myself beating average players but when I play a advanced and experienced battler I find myself out predicted and out played. But I would like to now the basics of building teams and then work on battling because I believe you need to have a balanced team that works for you before I can get better at stuff like predicting and battling.

A little about myself: I come from New York. I am currently I junior in high school and being one of the most important years in high school pokemon battling isn’t my top priority but I get my homework and studying done fairly quickly giving me time to play pokemon. On weekends I have baseball practice so it is hard for my to play on the weekends. I am a polite and kind person willing to learn how to battle and I am very excited to start.

Shoddy Battle nick: Thunderhorse
Time zone:
Eastern
Regular Online Hours:
Weekdays 5-9 PM. Sundays 2-10 PM
Experience level*:
I started playing competitively during the tail end of ADV, and all through DP. I think I do pretty well for myself. I can beat the average joe, and even some advanced players. However, there is only a select set of Pokemon I feel comfortable using, and for some reason I can't use bog standard Pokemon (Chomp, Bliss ect.) to save my life. To this end, my team building skills, aside from the main team that I've been perfecting since ADV, is sub-par, and it's very difficult for me to adjust to a new team. I've only been able to get past a round of two in a tournament until just recently, where I can climb to decent rounds in tournaments. I've only been in one finals match up-end ended up losing.
A little about myself: I'm from Northern VA, currently in my 2nd year of college. I'm major in Creative Writing, and am generally an A-B student. Pastimes aren't mind-blowing, just really like to hang out with my friends and such. Other games I enjoy playing are Smash, Starcraft, Warcraft 3, and most of all, Sonic the Hedgehog (yes, I even find the new ones at least worthy of enjoyment, even if lacking in execution).

Max

yadig
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
All available tutors have been assigned. For those who were not assigned a tutor, please try again next round!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)