Apprentice Program: Round Twenty Two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assigned to the Lexx

Shoddy Battle nick: BLAKE
Time zone:EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Weekdays- 8:00-9:30 Weekends-Depends on what I need to do.
Experience level: I can build a team but my prediction is terrible and I'm not good at countering certain OU pokemon.

Assigned to cornflake

Shoddy Battle nick: mercuryenigma
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 8:00- 12:00pm, this week only though. Other than that, 8:00- 9:30pm
Experience level*:A little about myself: I have read all about IV's and EV's and such but I am missing the experience aspect. I am more than willing to learn, as I am good at that.

Assigned to Calciphoce

Shoddy Battle nick: chickensandwich555
Time zone: PST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 7pm-9pm for sure. Usually more than that though. I log of and on a lot but I do tend to be at the comp for long amounts of time at a time.
Experience level*:A little about myself: On a scale of 1-10 (1 being the worst and 10 being the best) I'm a 7 I think. I used to use a standard team around sweepers and walls but now I use a team that is centered around a strategy while still trying to counter the OU threats. I'd say I'm about average or a little better than average. My prediction skills are alright but unless they run standard sets, my team usually goes under. I might have to sac. some HP or a Poke to learn how to counter as well.

Thanks! =)

Assigned to Tochukaso

Shoddy Battle nick: predatorywasps
Time zone: PST?(california)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): eastern time:around 6:15-9
Experience level*:A little about myself: I'm not too
good, but I'm not that bad. I'm trying to start using central strategies and have better prediction skills. covering my pokemon's weaknesses is something I need to work on and pretty much an overall aspect of competitive pokemon battling. also my play style needs some work as I tend to let pokemon buff themselves while I try stalling. current wins to losses is 36:41

Assigned to Roy

Shoddy Battle nick: Pillowrath
Time zone: GMT - 8
Regular Online Hours: I can definitely be on from Midnight to 8 am (EST), but if there is no available tutor then, I could try coming in the afternoon.
Experience level*: Played ADV decently but hated OU anyway. GSC, RBY and less played metagames of ADV (UU, Ubers, NU) were what I was good at. Haven't played pokemon for a while due to studies. I have got NO idea what the DP metagame is about, as I never bothered to follow it. I need to catch the basics, and I guess I can figure out the rest. I would like it if Zerowing tutors me.

Assigned to Venom

Shoddy Battle nick:josh ua
Time zone: GMT
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): I'm can easily be on at 2pm Eastern Time, but if needs be can go on between 10am-4pm Eastern Time. I can be on more at weekends.
Experience level*:A little about myself: I started playing Advance OU shortly before DP was out, so didn't paly it muhc but was able to play it reasonably well. I've tried to build quite a few teams in DP but only one I have found to be sucessful. I'm and generally not good at the relying on resistances and team syenergy that seems popular in DP, and still just build a team that counters the main threats, and I am not familiar with the DP metagame and I am not good at prediction, and would like to improve on it.

Assigned to Mysterious Stallion

Shoddy Battle nick: Sklez
Time zone:
GMT+9 30
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):
5-11 pm weekdays and 12pm-12am weekends (thats in +9 30 time)
Experience level*:
Very much a beginner, although I did well in the Australian tour, I do not know much about team building or advanced strategy at all.
A little about myself: I live in South Australia and to tell you the truth I haven't played much Pokemon at all lately but only because I was never great at competitive battling. This would give me the opportunity to learn a lot and become competent. What I really need to improve more on is learning what each Pokemon can do and having my best counter out against it.

Assigned to Slice n Dice

Shoddy Battle nick: Stall
Time zone: EST (GMT -5)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 8PM-12AM weekdays. Erratic times on weekends.
Experience level*: Played ADV seriously for over a year, but then took a long hiatus. Just beginning to learn DP, and still not fully confidant in the metagame.
A little about myself: 17 and living in Ottawa, Canada, I am a big sports fan. If I'm not watching sports in my free time, I enjoy playing strategy and tactics game.

If at all possible, I would like to request Slice, since I know how great of a battler he is.

Assigned to PR3DAT

Shoddy Battle nick: krlitoxs
Time zone: GMT +1
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): mostly from 10am to 15pm (Eastern time)
Experience level*: I would say that I have a medium battle level. But I'm horrible in team building, creating evs spreads, advanced strategies or predictions.
A little about myself: Well I'm 19, and I'm Spanish. I played Pokémon sice Fire/Blue came out, but only competively for a few months.

Assigned to Taylor

Shoddy Battle nick: Ranger Blue/Ranger Blue0
Time zone:
GMT
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 2-4pm Eastern (I think) is safest, though I'm usually on alot more on certain days.
Experience level: Quite experienced, with a Shoddy rating of ~1300, but most of the teams I build don't do well against decent opponents, and I haven't been able to make much progress on my own.

dekzeh

B is for BRUTUS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Assigned to Havak

Shoddy Battle nick: D is for Dangerous / Crucified Barbara
Time zone: GMT -3
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Tbh, I'm almost always online. I've being a real nerd lately.
Experience level: I'm good, but I still have problems with the transition from ADV to DP. I've already made to the top 50 or so on the Shoddy ladder but I need help with team building.
A little about myself: I'm just an average guy who has a lot of free time untill university starts (june) and I'm willing to finally get into DP and become good at it.

If possible, I'd like a tutor who knows about ADV so its easier for him to understand my problems :P

Assigned to Spaniard

Shoddy Battle nick: Gero
Time zone: GMT - 03:00, Brazil
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Random times starting from 2:00pm. Weekends starting from 8:00am. Almost all the times I'm not at school. (-03:00)
Experience level: Well, I know the basics, about types and some strategies, but I'm not good yet. I'd like to be trated as a complete rookie, to remember some things if possible. That's because I don't know much of the new strategies of D/P too.
A little about myself: I'm a male Brazilian, I enjoy life. I'm in my first time showing up at the forums. I play every kind of videogames, I'm at school. Well, not much to say... I like pokemon.

Shoddy Battle nick: weakestlink33
Time zone: Eastern
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 4-12 pm (depending on homework and activities)
Experience level*: I've played pokemon since R/B (summer before 5th grade), but have always been more of a pokemon collector than a battler. I've tried competitive battling on netbattle before, but I never really knew what I was doing and lost about 85% of the time
A little about myself: I'm in college and have a lot of work, but I also still like to relax and reminisce about the old days playing pokemon :P

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Tutor evaluations will be sent out the afternoon of Friday, March 7th. Please respond to those so I can reward the tutors who are doing their job and improve the program for everyone.

Round 23 will also be posted on March 7th since I'll be out of town from 3/8 until 3/16... so be ready to sign up then!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)