Apprentice Program: Round Twenty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
THE SMOGON APPRENTICE PROGRAM IS BACK ONLINE EVERYONE! Welcome to the world of competitive D/P Pokemon!

We are ready to begin Round Twenty of the tutoring program, which will focus SOLELY on D/P OU standard battling; If you wish to get a tutor for this round all you have to do is post your profile in the format below. Tutors will be an excellent resource for you to learn Pokemon team building and battling strategies, as well as someone who can help "initiate" you into the Smogon Community. They are here for you...so take advantage!

This round will last for the next 2.5 weeks ending on February 9th, 2008

Shoddy Battle nick:
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):
Experience level*:A little about myself:

*You don't have to be good...just willing to learn. So, don't be shy; Sign up now!

I will begin assigning all tutors to appropriate apprentices. If you are still looking for a tutor after all tutors have been assigned...you have the option of looking through the tutor roster and PM'ing a suitable person (one who is online during similar hours) to ask them if they will take you on as a second apprentice. It's as simple as that!!

If at any point during this round you encounter a problem (difficulty getting together with your tutor, etc.), let me know and we will work to resolve the issue.

Round Twenty Matchups:

Aeroblacktyl - WER
Havak - Ghandi1988
Aldaron - Bulblax
zerowing - pear
Blue Kirby - Larvitar Star
Bologo - tacho
husk - Lawman
JabbaTheGriffin - TheMantyke
Brawlex - Hobo Joe
jrrrrrrr - LonelyNess
Mysterious Stallion - Lord_Sunday
StrangerDanger - GTS
cornflake pk - sduclops231
Jackal - Jet Li
Great Sage - R2-D2 Rules!
SePh - Bass
Slice n Dice - gmax
Lee - Captain Falcon
Taylor - WeavileTamer
IggyBot - Rhykune
Tochukaso - Phox
Judgement - Tangerine
Silver610 - StarmanXL
Venom - Astral
Maniaclyrasist - [kd8]otome
PR3DAT - Sha-raq
Max - NeoBahamut
the Lexx - bball1210
marrilpet - Castlevania
Calciphoce - footballfanatic
leech lyfe - Resum

****IF YOU SIGN UP CHECK THIS THREAD REGULARLY TO FIND OUT WHO YOUR TUTOR IS. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE APPRENTICE TO SEEK OUT THEIR TUTOR AND ESTABLISH MEETING TIMES.

****CHECK YOUR POST TO SEE WHO YOUR TUTOR IS. I WILL EDIT IT TO SHOW WHO YOU GOT.

Chill Murray

get well soon jacoby..
Assigned to Aeroblacktyl

Shoddy Battle nick: Shred Durst/WER
Time zone: EST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 7 PM - 1 AM
Experience level: Novice
A little about myself: Been playing for a while, but I need help.

Assigned to Havak

Shoddy Battle nick: Ghandi1988/Kng_Tricks
Time zone: GMT
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 5pm-9pm & 4 a.m - 9 a.m except for Sundays & Mondays in which I'm not on.
Experience level: Battling Novice
A little about myself: I'm new to the competitive battling scene since D/P release, I dabbled abit on Netbattle but I was very rarely on. I'm currently trying to establish myself as both a good battler and breeder, though my breeding is going fairly well, My team building is abit on the poor side, as I like to try and create new combo's e.t.c However I am very willing to learn to expand on my knowledge

Haha, I've got Havak... Least it'll be easy to sort out matches and training via MSN :D

Assigned to Aldaron

Shoddy Battle nick:
bulblax but i've only been on shoddy like once ever
Time zone:
EST
at least 8 pm - 10pm on most weeknights and maybe other times on the weekend.
Experience level*:A little about myself:
i know how to play all the other gens pretty well but I dont know anything about dp because i havent bothered to play it (I was just kinda waiting for competitor to learn but I figured hey might as well learn it now)

edit: fixed so the bold is less distracting

Assigned to zerowing

Shoddy Battle nick: pear
Time zone: US Eastern
Regular Online Hours: 5-9 PM (normally, also much much more on the weekends)
Experience level: Barely good enough to not be a novice
A little about myself: I am neither new nor horrible, but I do suck at building teams and would probably lose horribly against someone good (barring retarded hax).

Assigned to Blue Kirby

Shoddy Battle nick:
larvitar star
Time zone: Gmt + 10 (Eastern Australia)
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): If Eastern is Gmt - 5:
Weekdays from 5 AM - 7 AM (7pm - 9pm my Timezone)
Weekends same as Weekdays, plus 7 PM - 10 PM (9am - 12pm my timezone) and scattered times when I can jump on a computer.
Experience level*: I lurk alot, but have little actual battling experience apart from some Shoddy ladder matches...
A little about myself: I'm willing to learn, but pokemon is just so broad it can be difficult knowing where and how to start (team building issues)

Assigned to Bologo

shoddy battle nick: kudo shinichi
time zone: PST
regular hours: 4:00 P.M. - 12:00 A.M.
experience level: decent
a little about me: I want to imporve myself to be one of the best battlers in the world. Im not even close atm though. I like anime, basketball, hot girls, and uhhh sleeping :D

Assigned to husk

Shoddy Battle nick: Lawman OR LTA

Time zone: US Central Time (GMT -6)

Regular Online Hours: 4-7:30 p.m. monday thru friday (note: usually), and much more on weekends.

Experience level: I understand most things about the metagame, but I have trouble in many battles, as I'm never up to date with the new trends. I didn't even know about obi's stall team for a few weeks. My teams usually have major weaknesses that I can't fix without making another.

A little about myself: I am currently a freshman at my high school. I've been an avid pokemon fan for the past 8 years, but I only learned about competitive about 1 1/2 years ago. I wasn't able to use netbattle, so I was, for a lack of better words, owned pretty bad when I first tried shoddy. However, with the guidence of many helpful users here, I went from having a crappy 2-13 team to an actually decent 28-11 team. However, I feel that I can improve so much more. I am no where close right now, but I've set a goal to make it into the top 200 battlers on shoddy. I'm determined to improve, and I look foward to being apart of borh this program and the smogon community for a long time. Thanks in advance for any consideration.

Assigned to JabbaTheGriffin

Shoddy Battle Nick: TheShoddyMantyke
Regular hours: 4:00pm-10:00pm
Experiance level: noligable
A little about me: You'd expect a guy that goes over the analysis' scouting for minor errors, reading them several times would be good at D/P right? Wrong. Wifi Battleing raised me stupid. I actually know alot about the standard movesets of things, It's really team design that's my problem. I cannot build a team that's good enough to send me into the higher ranks. I through in gimmicky plots, unneeded thing, I don't consider all my options... I really need help for this area. ;_;

Assigned to Brawlex

Shoddy Battle nick:
Hobo Joe
Time zone: PST
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 7:00 PM-1:00 AM EST (4:00 PM- 10:00 PM PST)
Experience level*: Cannot predict well or shift from early game to late game
A little about myself: Not very good at building teams or seeing real threats to my team.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Assigned to jrrrrrrr

Shoddy Battle Nick: LonelyNess
Regular Hours: 5:00-9:00 Mon-Friday 12:00-9:00 Sat-Sun
Time Zone: Central Time (Missouri)
Experience Level: Battling Expertise: B Team Building: D-

A little about myself: I'm a very proficient battler i believe... however I play almost exclusively with copycat teams. Simply put, I know exactly how to win with a good team in hand. I only wish I knew how to build teams better. I know virtually every common set of everything on the OU/BL scene, but I have no idea how to construct 6 pokemon together in order to A. obtain a common goal or B. Counter all of the threats. Please help me!

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to Mysterious Stallion

Shoddy Battle nick:
Lord_Sudnay
Time zone: GMT+ 9
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Umm... I'm on holidays so the "High time" If you know what I mean, and for about 5 hours following. I'll go find a time zone converter and edit this in.
EDIT: 5 pm --- 12 Pm.
Experience level: I'm mainly a breeder per say, but I believe I'm a decent battler. I'm currently running a TR team with a focus on prediction to get my skills up a bit, but was looking for some help with team building, and creating a team with an overarching stratergy, aswell as helping me to improve my battling.
A little about myself: I breed (mainly in my spare time), and battle a bit. Love going out with friends and riding our bikes around. Yeah... Quite academic, I'm basicly studying that hardest options available to me in school right now... Very Maths and Science orientated. Athiest, if it matters.

Assigned to StrangerDanger

Shoddy Battle nick: GTS
Time zone: EMT? I'm in Fl.
Regular Online Hours: 3:30-8:00 PM
Experience level*: Somewhere between beginner and novice...
A little about myself:
I have won a few OU battles in my time, and I have built and bred my own teams...I just need some overall touch-up skills.

Side-note: I have already asked StrangerDanger to be my tutor prior to this, he has agreed, so if possible I'd like to be assigned to him...

Assigned to cornflake pk

Shoddy Battle nick: dusk_
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 6:15 p.m* - 10:15 p.m (School days); flexible on weekends
Experience level: Beginner/Novice
A little about myself: I've practiced making teams, but they usually do bad after the first few battles. I know a good number of strategies, but I have a bit of difficulty actually using them and getting them to work together on my teams. I'm a defensive person by nature, and I generally like defensive Pokemon. None of my classes are difficult, excluding math, so I usually have plenty of free time.

*Sometimes I arrive at home around 6:50 p.m on weekdays, so I may not be able to get on until around 8:00 p.m (I rarely stay this late at school, but it happens)

Assigned to Jackal

Shoddy Battle nick: Jet Li
Time zone:Central
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Any time from 12:00pm(noon) - 3:00am
Experience level*:A little about myself:I used to battle a bit on netbattle but I haven't done any competitive battling in the last few months looking to get back into it. My biggest problems are building a team...And then using it effectively. Really looking for a way to improve, and this looks to be my solution.

Assigned to Great Sage

Shoddy Battle nick: R2 D2 Rules
Time zone: Pacific
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 8-11
Experience level*: Past beginner, but not expert. So, okayish.
A little about myself: Begin playing competitively in D/P, I can't build an effective team right off the bat, I'd have to play about 10 matches or so and find out the hard way what my team is weak at and try to fix it. Also when I battle I tend to show my opponent my team early on and make ballsy switches that might sometimes cause me a Pokemon. I also sometimes forget Pokemon that carry priority moves and stay in with a low health Pokemon.

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to SePh

Shoddy Battle nick: Symon
Time zone: Central
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): ~6-9 PM Weekdays, 6PM - 12 AM Saturdays, All day Sundays
Experience level*:A little about myself: Well, I originally played on netbattle but knew little about the game back then. In D/P I made a name for myself on a few other sites (gamefaqs, marriland), but I want to start over. I don't have a giant record on shoddy like a few others here do (because I don't bother) but I am very interested in not just becoming better at building a variety of teams but also being more acquainted with the smogon community.

Note: If it's ok with the program, I'd like to be assigned to Seph. I've talked to him a few times and he's helped me in cases before.

Gmax

kuahahahaha
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Assigned to Slice n Dice

Shoddy Battle nick:Gmax
Time zone:GMT+5.5
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):8:30 AM to 12:30 PM
Experience level*:A little about myself:I've been playing since about November 2006, I'm OK I guess. My major problem is that I'm lousy at team building. I really need help with that(not that there aren't other issues)

Assigned to Lee

Shoddy Battle nick: Captain Falcon
Timezone: GMT/Universal time
Regular online time: 3-8Pm

Experience level*:A little about myself: I have been playing competitively since Summer 2006 and was okay on netbattle. I have started using shoddybattle but feel out of my depth (especially with teambuilding). I would love the chance to learn from an experienced player. I am also an avid basketball fan.

Edit: I mean summer 2007, not 2006

Assigned to Taylor

ShoddyBattle Nick: weaviletamer
TimeZone: (October-April: Mountain) (April-October: Pacific) (A.Z)
Regular Online Hours: 8:30 a.m -2:30 p.m EST. Unavailable on Sundays

Experience Level: I have been playing competitive pokemon since February 2007 but I only joined smogon in August. I enjoy kicking OUs with UUs but I have mediocre prediction skills. I find it hard to incorporate so many things into one team and would like some help.

About Myself: I have a large vocabulary since I am an avid reader.

Assigned to IggyBot

Shoddy Battle nick: Rhykune/Thyfune
Time zone: PST
Regular Online Hours: 8:45 - 11:00 EST

Experience level: Intermediate. Never owned a pokemon game since Red, and never played competitively before ShoddyBattle. I have cracked the top 100 once but that was a long time ago. I am just trying to polish my prediction skills. I also suck at making good switches... I have been playing Shoddy since last June, and started lurking Smogon at about that time. I also have quite a bit of trouble building a team. Thank you, whoever!

Assigned to Tochukaso

Shoddy nick: PhoxHound
Time zone: CST
Online hours: 4-8 EST I suppose...

Experience level: modest. I'm not very good. I spend lots of time researching teams (I have quite a few) and I play mostly stall, but I'm not the best battler. I think some tutoring would be really helpful. I've spent time tutoring with StrangerDanger.

Tangerine

Where the Lights Are
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Assigned to Judgement

Shoddy Battle nick: Tangerine, Milkis
Time zone:
Right now, GMT +9. I'll be in CST in a month or two though.
7~9 PM and 9~11 AM. Rather flexible.
Experience level*:
Novice I suppose?
A little about myself: I usually spend too much time theorycrafting to build a decent team and not quite sure how to balance certain portions of the game. I probably need someone who can explain every step clearly and logically. I should probably note that D/P is my first generation of playing this game seriously.

Assigned to Silver610

Shoddy Battle nick: StarmanXXL
Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): About 5:00 P.M. to 9:00 P.M. (however, I am never available Thursday or Friday, rarely on Saturday, and only every-other Sunday >_>)
Experience level: Average at best. I've been playing for some time, but for some reason my teambuilding and battling skills are still sub-par.
A little about myself: I tend to team build a lot for the sake of it, but the teams always end up with some fatal flaw (even the non-gimmicky ones), not to mention I make a ton of bad calls in a battle.
However, I'm pretty fond of making and using unusual sets, teams, and pokemon, so I'm always looking for something new that could turn out pretty kick ass.
Oh, and I'm big on double battles, but I don't think we have any tutors for that, so I'll just stick to standard for now.

Assigned to Venom

Shoddy Battle nick: Super Astral
Time zone: Gmt + 1 (European GMT)
Weekdays from 4 PM - 8 PM.
Weekends from 2 PM - 10 PM (Only Sundays)
Experience level*: I've played NetBattle for around 3 years, and just started practicing ShoddyBattle.
A little about myself: I'd like to work a bit on my prediction skills and teambuilding, and blend in with the scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)