1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Apprentice Program: Round Twenty

Discussion in 'Battling 101' started by Aeolus, Jan 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imperfectluck

imperfectluck
    is a Past WCoP Winnerwon the 4th Official Smogon Tournament

Assigned to Maniaclyrasist

Shoddy Battle nick: kd8otome, Doorman
    Time zone: GMT -7
    Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): Weekdays in between classes mostly, between roughly 1pm-11pm EST
    Experience level: I know RSE, so I've been using mostly RSEish teams but I have no clue what's going on with most of the new pokemon
    A little about myself: I can't seem to incorporate any of the "new" pokemon very well into my teams, want to work on that.
  2. Incarnation

Incarnation

Assigned to PR3DAT

Shoddy Battle nick: Incarnati0n
    Time zone: GMT +1 (the Netherlands)
    Regular Online Hours: between 16:00 and 21:00 GT +1 from monday till friday, and between 13:00 and 20:00 in the weekend, I can be online (except if I have something else to do, of course).
    Experience level*: I've played netbattle, and still play shoddybattle. I know all the stuff about EVs, IVs and all those other stats, so you don't need to learn me that. I can make a pretty decent team, but my synergy isn't really flawless.
    A little about myself: I'm a big nintendo fan, excpecially metriod and golden sun. I have msn, which can make tutoring a lot easier. I signed up here because I want to improve my prediction and the synergy in my teams.
  3. NeoBahamut

NeoBahamut

Assigned to Max

Shoddy Battle nick: RubyWeapon5
    Time zone: GMT +1 (Hungary)
    Regular Online Hours: Usually from 12:00 to 15:00 (which is 18:00-21:00 in GMT +1) but often even more. Weekends: it depends but I usually have time.
    Experience level*: Novice
    A little about myself: I did a lot of reading (movesets/strategies/how-to-build-teams) and I practiced some on shoddy, but I don't seem to be able to put together a really efective team, nor can I use it to it's fullest. This is mainly because of my lack of knowledge and experience. I didn't know where to start learning not just parts of pokemon but 'seeing competitive pokemon as a whole.' And this is why I seek help. Although sometimes I'm a bit lazy, I learn quick and I'm a good listener.
  4. ToF

ToF
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 13 Champion

Assigned to the Lexx

Shoddy Battle nick: bball1210
    Time zone: GMT -7 (Eastern Time Zone)
    Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):
    Weekdays from 4 PM - 8 PM.
    Weekends from 1 PM - 6 PM
    Experience level*: Ive been playing DP for about 6 months or so, with few battles on Shoddy. I use to Netbattle a while back, but mostly play Wifi. Am willing to play Shoddy as well. I would say as a battler, Im probably a B-/B
    A little about myself: I've been playing DP for quite a while, but simply want to perfect my skills as a battler. I have a good grip on prediction, but my teams usually have blatant weaknesses that I cannot overcome. Other than that, I'm fairly easy going, play sports, and am about to enter college.
  5. moi

moi

Assigned to marrilpet

Shoddy Battle nick: Castlevania
    Time zone: EST
    Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 3:30-4:00 PM on weekdays, fluctuating times for everything else.
    Experience level: Amateur
    A little about myself: I've been playing on the D/P scene since July now. I've been having troubles in how to handle a team, mostly in prediction. I'd also be extremely happy if I were paired with IggyBot, he's a friend of mine, to say. I'm still having a trouble getting over the 1400 hump of Shoddy.
  6. footballfanatic

footballfanatic

Assigned to Calciphoce

Shoddy Battle nick: nibbler491
    Time zone: PST
    Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 5:00-10:00 PM weekdays, pretty much the entire weekend
    Experience level*: I've been playing for around 6 months and would say I'm at moderate skill level. I have battle videos if that helps gauge how good I am: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=nibbler491
    A little about myself: Junior in high school, Like playing Pokemon and Counterstrike. Played the Pokemon games as a kid, but D/P is the first metagame I've been competetive in. Would like to get better at team building.
  7. Resum

Resum

Assigned to leech lyfe

Shoddy Battle nick: Aviation
    Time zone: Central
    Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!): 7-11 on Monday and Wednesday
    9-11 on Tuesday and Thursday 7-whenever I decide to go to sleep on Friday and most of the day on Saturday and Sunday starting after 1:30
    Experience level*: Moderate.
    A little about myself: I've battled a bit on Shoddy. Weak points are Team Building, which frankly, I suck at, and prediction in which I always over predict.
  8. zxn666

zxn666

Shoddy Battle nick:zxn666
    Time zone:Central
    Onine hours:I play at random though you can expect to see me around 4-5 central time.
    Experience:Moderate
    About me: Despite my name, I am not a Satan worshipper. I've played for a while on shoddy, and I've also played against many of the tutors here (With me losing most of the time). I have the most difficulty playing defensively, since I've not had much experience with defensive battles.
  9. Sklez

Sklez

Shoddy Battle nick: Sklez
    Time zone:
    GMT+9 30
    Regular Online Hours (Eastern only!):
    5-11 pm weekdays and 12pm-12am weekends (thats in +9 30 time)
    Experience level*:
    Very much a beginner, although I did well in the Australian tour, I do not know much about team building or advanced strategy at all.
    A little about myself: I live in South Australia and to tell you the truth I haven't played much Pokemon at all lately but only because i was never great at competitive battling. This would give me the opportunity to learn a lot and become competent. If i don't get in this round i will be happy to wait till the next one.
  10. Max

Max yadig
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

All tutors are currently assigned, so sorry to anyone who signed up later than Resum. Try again next round!

To all of this round's tutors/apprentices, good luck!
  11. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Ok, great round guys!

Apprentices, please reply to the PM survey that I'll be sending out sometime this weekend to evaluate the tutors.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)