1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Sign-Up Apprentice Program Signups: SUMO OU

Discussion in 'Battling 101' started by Plus, Dec 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DDDon

DDDon

Username: DDDon
    PO/PS! Username: DDDon
    Your timezone: PDT (GMT -7)
    Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays except Friday 4-6 PM, Fridays 6-10 PM, Saturdays 10AM-10PM, Sundays 10AM-2PM
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I discovered Showdown in late XY and I’ve been working to hone my battling skills since mid-ORAS. During ORAS I mostly gravitated towards Ubers, but now I find OU more enjoyable/diverse/balanced. About 90% of my Smogon experience has been lurking, but I feel like I’ve hit a plateau in my learning and haven’t really improved for a while, so I’ve decided to come out of the shadows for this tutoring program. I have a decent understanding of battling techniques in theory but have trouble applying them in practice. I don’t have a particularly good grasp on teambuilding yet; most of my teams are either inefficient at breaking down defensive cores or easily overwhelmed by offensive ones.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes, both
    Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes
    Last edited: May 29, 2017
  2. SSJ2Red

SSJ2Red

Username: SSJ2Red
    PO/PS! Username: SSJ2Red
    Your timezone: CDT (UTC - 5)
    Usual Hours of Availability:
    Mon - Fri 7:00 PM - 9:00 PM, Saturday 2 PM - 5:30 PM, Sunday 1 PM - 4:30 PM
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I am here because I want to get better, and there is a limit as to how far I can go on my own. I've been playing competitively since DPPT, but I didn't really start taking battling seriously until XY. I tend to hover around the 1500-1600 range on the ladder, and I feel this is due to picking poor leads and taking risks when it really isn't necessary. As far as teambuilding goes, I've only built about 2 teams on my own, so those skills are lacking. Additionally, I tend to stick to balanced and bulky offense teams, and have very little experience playing stall and HO. My knowledge of the metagame and its trends are generally solid.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes
  3. I dont care

I dont care formerly mafreel

Assigned to Empo

Username
    : I dont care
    PO/PS! Username: I d0nt car3
    Your timezone: Gmt +2
    Usual Hours of Availability: I have a work, so i can do it evening only after 17:30-18:30. More free at weekend.
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing seriously competitive Pokémon since start 2013 with BW2.I played OU format a lot, VGC then and finally, in ORAS era, I discovered how funny was BS Single. Honestly I wasn't a good player, never reach 1600 points to make this clear, so, discouraged, I tried Ubers, enjoying the battling101 (it was 2015), and I got some result. With Sun and Moon I decided to try again BSS, but still I can't improve. I'm starting to think the game is not for me. But let's try with OU.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2017
  4. Aquos Stormfront

Aquos Stormfront

Username: Aquos_Stormfront
    PO/PS! Username: Aquos_Stormfront
    Your timezone: EST (GMT -5)
    Usual Hours of Availability: 12 pm to 10 pm on weekends, weekdays 5pm to 10 pm
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been playing competitive Pokémon for the past year, joining late ORAS, and have been playing a variety of tiers since. However, I still struggle to master several concepts, mostly due to my poor understanding of team synergy, my weakest point in team synergy in teambuilding, although I am skilled at predections between counters and 'mon sets. Although my expereince has been fun in the comptetitive meta games, there is still much for men to learn, and OU is the best place for me to start since it's my favourite tier next to challenge cup, as well as having a more competitive field than other tiers.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes, prefer Discord but have Skype.
  5. Egior.

Egior.

assigned to Corazan..

Username
    : Egior.
    PO/PS! Username: Realegior
    Your timezone: GMT+2
    Usual Hours of Availability: Basically everytime, school is over n_n
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): i've been playing on the ladder since mid oras, but never got really good achievements. Then when sun moon started i got really into competitive and I have basic skills on how to play, build and stuff, but i feel like I'm like on a limit right now, and i want to learn how to play on good levels
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: yes, but prefer discord
    Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yep
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2017
    Corazan.. and Plus like this.
  6. LBLOL7

LBLOL7

Username: LBLOL7
    PO/PS! Username: LBLOL/LBLOL7
    Your timezone: gmt+2
    Usual Hours of Availability: Mainly on the week-end and on the week afternoons
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been playing Pokemon since the end of 2015 and I have always been active except for a period where I have not touched Pokemon 4 months. Recently a friend to me Simiatic recommended me to make myself tute because I do not have certain bases. I consider myself to be good but i struggle to build.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Mainly discord
    Simiatic likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)

1. Aquos Stormfront