1. The moderators of this forum are Plus, IronBullet, Jio, and Shiba.
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  3. Click here to ensure that you never miss a new SmogonU video upload!

Sign-Up Apprentice Program Signups: SUMO OU

Discussion in 'Battling 101' started by Plus, Dec 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nuxl

Nuxl

assigned to double switches

Username
    : Nuxl
    PO/PS! Username: Nuxl
    Your timezone: GMT-7 west coast
    Usual Hours of Availability: after school + sports + obligations, probably a different range of between 3-10 PM every day v less sparse hours on weekends
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): smogon lurker, want to get more into laddering + playing more and the tournament community has been aspiring for me. teambuilding has never been a skill of mine either, so i usually ladder with teams posted on forums or some bad stuff I make. never really got very high on ladder based on lack of investment, but I aspire to improve this ability. was tutored in DOU last year but kinda was inactive on my end- i don't attempt to aspire to do that again.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: both
    Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes
    Plus likes this.
  2. SamHPL

SamHPL

assigned to urban

Username
    : SamHPL
    PO/PS! Username: SamHPL
    Your timezone: GMT-3
    Usual Hours of Availability: Usually around night, but also saturday and some other periods.
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been playing for some time, but I usually end up leaving mons for some time and then come back. I watch a lot of battles and I am around 1600s in the ladder, but I don't really ladder too much. I would like to be able to use different playstyles and be able to build my own teams.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Both
    Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2017
    Plus likes this.
  3. Seraph

Seraph

assigned to urban

Username
    : Seraph
    PO/PS! Username: DinkVGC
    Your timezone: GMT (-7)
    Usual Hours of Availability: open from 5 P.M. to 12 A.M., except on Tuesdays, which I'm busy
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Around 100 battles on SM OU, but wanting to get better. Lurking around 1300-1500+. Having troubles using certain megas.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2017 at 12:19 AM
    Plus likes this.
  4. Oberon Kagé

Oberon Kagé

Username: Oberon Kagé
    PO/PS! Username: Oberon Kage
    Your timezone: Central Standard
    Usual Hours of Availability: Can be open anytime rly rn, but school will limit me in a week or so to the afternoons/nights.
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences):
    Been playing OU since ORAS, always using custom built teams. I've tried using oremade sample teams, but I've found it never really works out as if I built the team myself. I've hit a ceiling around the upper 1400's that I can't seem to break and would love the help. Also, I have laddered fairly high up in the BH ladder a while back (top 25-ish iirc), so idk why my sucess there isn't quite translating over here since I was fairly knowledgable about both metagames. :/
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord. Can download Skype if needed, but would limit when I can talk.
    Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yeppers.
  5. Midnight Howl

Midnight Howl

assigned to Simiatic

Username
    : Midnight Howl
    PO/PS! Username: Midnight Howl
    Your timezone: GMT +2
    Usual Hours of Availability: Mornings, afternoons (after 6pm) and nights until 12 am
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing OU since X/Y and I was better in the ORAS metagame than in the actual SuMo meta so I'd like to improve. I play a lot of LC too but i want to have a second tier that i am good at. I havent participated in many OU tours but it's something i might do in the future if i improve.
  6. IronBullet

IronBullet Astronomy Domine
    is a Tutoris a member of the Site Staffis an official Team Rateris a Battle Server Administratoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
    RMT Co-Leader

one spot available for European timezones
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2017
  7. Amphboss

Amphboss

assigned to Wally The Bully

Username
    : Amphboss
    PO/PS! Username: Amphboss
    Your timezone: GMT
    Usual Hours of Availability: Can vary quite a bit but usually after 10pm weekdays and early on weekends
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started playing at the back end of ORAS and have carried through to the SM meta. I feel I have a decent understanding of the meta through playing and hovering in the OU forums but loads to learn. Help especially needed with identifying opponents team, win cons etc.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yes
  8. starry blanket

starry blanket
    is a Community Contributor Alumnus

assigned to Empo

Username
    : starry blanket
    PS! Username: starry
    Your timezone: EST
    Usual Hours of Availability: n/a
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): i started with XY, but i didn't get "serious" until ORAS, which i was decent at. i used to tutor for it, and i contributed to the OU forum and OU room significantly during ORAS. i didn't like SM initially, so i waited to see if the meta would improve, but it wasn't really. i've watched a few battles recently, and it looks more enjoyable and more interesting than before to me.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: yes.
    Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes.

Empo has agreed to tutor me.
    paper dreams, Stan Soojung and Empo like this.
  9. MelinCantrit34

MelinCantrit34

Username: MelinCantrit34
    PO/PS! Username: Galaxy Defender
    Your timezone: UTC/GMT -3
    Usual Hours of Availability: Wednesdays and Friday fromp 6pm to 10 pm, and Saturdays and Sundays from 3pm to 10pm
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I have been playing competitive since mid 2013, almost exclusively OU, and have taken pauses for long periods of time. Right now I'm usually at 1500-1600 in the ladder and have been this way for somewhat a year and a half, so I thought it was time to get some extra help. I think I have an overall great understanding of the game and tier, so I'd like to focus in improving my teambuilding and decision making in battle.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Yep
  10. YuguY

YuguY formerly Kanga

assigned to Wally The Bully

Username
    : YuguY
    PO/PS! Username: YuguY
    Your timezone: GMT 0
    Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays: never Weekend 12 am to 9 pm
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I play a lot of little cup, BH and Mix and Mega. I've tried my best at our but can never succeed. I have lurked for a while in our and I can play with sample teams but cannot team building or get past 1200
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Only discord
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2017
    Plus likes this.
  11. Xxxxtentacion

Xxxxtentacion

assigned to ez

Username
    : Xxxxtentacion
    PS! Username: Xxxxtentacion
    Your timezone: EST (GMT -5)
    Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays 7 PM - 12 AM, weekends 12 PM - 6 PM
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing competitively in 2008 ish and I was very active in the DPP metagame at the time. Since then, I've sort of "retired" since I wasn't a big fan of XY's metagame or BW's but I became more involved around ORAS again. I haven't been able to really find a groove when it comes to team building lately so I hope this program can help me.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2017
    DenisTheMenace and Wheezer like this.
  12. Wheezer

Wheezer

Username: Wheezer
    PS! Username: Wheezer
    Your timezone: EST (GMT -5)
    Usual Hours of Availability: Weekday mornings/nights, all day on weekends.
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I started playing on showdown in XY sometime after the deoxys ban i believe. I've played on and off since then, sometimes taking breaks for a few months, then coming back to play mons and work on w/e interested me at the time, all of this depending on how busy I am. I've never actually learned how to play pokemon really; I've always just played on autopilot and built 3-5 minute teams just by putting mons that seem to have decent synergy on a team. As a result of this, I've never really achieved much in competitive pokemon, and would like to change this by learning how to properly teambuild and play through a game.
    A likes this.
  13. StarryAstrophysicist

StarryAstrophysicist

Username: StarryAstrophysicist
    PO/PS! Username: starro747 (PS!)
    Your timezone: PST
    Usual Hours of Availability: Sat-Sun 3-6 PM; Mon-Fri 7-8 AM
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): I've been playing competitive Pokemon since I discovered Showdown in 2015, and I would say I'm decent...ish. (Not really.) I understand most of the basics and know most of the sets of Pokemon and playstyle of my opponent from team preview. It's just that I struggle with identifying threats to my team, wincons, metagame trends, teambuilding, and playing for the long-term. I would like to try tutoring to see if I can improve in these areas.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Just Discord.
    Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.
  14. imsosorrylol

imsosorrylol

assigned to ez

Username
    : imsosorrylol
    PO/PS! Username: sorry
    Your timezone: PST
    Usual Hours of Availability: anytime
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): so like I was drafted for Snake and qualified for OLT but I i went 0-5 so something was up lol. I wanna get tutored by someone with tour experience who can help me improve a bit. Preferably someone who has played in tours and who is better than me.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Just Discord.
    Do you understand how the blacklist works?: Yes.
    Noveliss, tigers jaw, Sun and 10 others like this.
  15. LucarioOfLegends

LucarioOfLegends Has both direction and magnitude
    is a Pre-Contributor

Username: LucarioOfLegends
    PO/PS! Username: LucarioOfLegends
    Your Timezone: Mountain Standard Time (GMT - 7 iirc)
    Usual Hours of Availability: 4 PM-2 AM EST on Saturday and Sunday in most cases.
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min 3 sentences):
    I've playing competitive Pokemon on Showdown! since fall 2016, not too long before the Mega Sableye ban. I understand the basic concepts of competitive Pokemon, greatly comprehend the common sets, playstyles, and strategies, and have won a few battles at points. However, I struggle to full apply these ideas in the heat of battle with constant prediction issue and reckless decisions. I also need some slight help with building, as there are sometimes very large holes in my teams.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype? Discord Only.
    Do you understand how the blacklist works? I do completely.
  16. Ahzee

Ahzee

assigned to Za Meowdo

Username
    : Ahzee !
    PO/PS! Username: Ahzee !
    Your timezone: GMT +2
    Usual Hours of Availability: every night
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): It's been a while since I started the strategy but I never really took the game seriously, I always played fun teams but now I would like to get into the competition so try to play seriously.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord
  17. ThiccTornadus

ThiccTornadus

assigned to Za Meowdo

Username
    : ThiccTornadus
    PS! Username: DLT headass
    Your timezone: CEST (GMT +2)
    Usual Hours of Availability: weekdays 3 PM - 5 PM and 7 PM - 10 PM, weekends 9 AM - 11 PM
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started playing competitive in April still a p mediocre player at OU. I understand most of the meta i mostly lack in actual practice where i struggle to actually play with a brain; predictions etc. I would prefer to get tutorred by a more experienced player if possible ofc.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: Discord
  18. ridk021

ridk021

assigned to Za Meowdo

Username
    : ridk021
    PS! Username: ridk021
    Your timezone: CEST (GMT +2)
    Usual Hours of Availability: Weekdays 8 PM - 11 PM & Weekends 2 PM - 11 PM
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): Started playing competitively in ORAS and continued playing in SM and I decided to join Smogon to improve. Currently I’m playing SM OU and SM UU. I struggle with laddering (max 1600 in OU), making the optimal plays in battle and also preparing teams for tournaments battles (aka teambuilding). I would consider myself an average player and I know the basics of competitive knowledge.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2017 at 12:19 AM
  19. Primal Bidoof

Primal Bidoof formerly googlemaster190

Username: Primal Bidoof
    PO/PS! Username: dlt2 two savage
    Your timezone: Gmt -4 (est)
    Usual Hours of Availability: Weekends, 10-11:30, Weekdays, about 4:30-10 (sometimes 11) on weekdays
    Tell us a little about your experience in competitive Pokemon (min. 3 sentences): been playing sm since december, i feel like i have good metagame knowledge but fail to make the right plays. i can build teams but i dont often, i get a friend to steal teams from tour games and build for me. i would like to work on executing the right plays since i feel i know the meta really well.
    Are you able to use either Discord or Skype?: yes prefferably discord
    Do you understand how the blacklist works?: yes
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)