Archeops

It probably has to do with it having 567 base stat total as well as a very nice stat layout.

This has got to be one of my favorite new pokes.

Archeos is (probably) too frail to make use of Shell Bell. If the opponent hits it, it will either be KOed or in a range where it is barely alive but can´t get back into >50%. Feel free to try it out, tough, as we should welcome every possibility to make this cool Archeopteryx viable.

hey brothas, the SpA is usable, so no need to fret now... or am I missing something

*checks special movepool*

FUCK GAMEFREAK. At least it's salvageable.

Okay, so now I'm thinking of a wallbreaker, mainly special. Or a special-based late game sweeper that kills special walls with its physical prowess.

Archy @ expert belt? suggest a better item perhaps?
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Atk
Hasty? any other nature suggestion?

-Claw Sharpen
-Stone Edge
-Focus Blast / Earth Power / Ancient Power / Dragon Pulse
-Focus Blast / Earth Power / Ancient Power / Dragon Pulse

First of all, start with Claw Sharpen to boost SE's power and accuracy. That done, SE is your main attack while the special attacks are for coverage. Once you get damaged below 50%, SE loses out a lot of power, which means you'll need to either boost more or rely on special attacks. Focus Blast is a preferred choice, since its pitiful accuracy gets boosted by Claw Sharpen, and it has a nice BP to boot. Earth Power can be used pre-50% to gain pseudo EdgeQuake coverage. Ancient Power for those feeling lucky with the boost, and +1 to all stats is a big boost. Dragon Pulse to hit lots of things for neutral, only resisted by steels, which are hit super effectively by either Focus Blast or Earth Power.

This thing must be just over the requirements needed to have a major drawback(s) to balance its otherwise huge power (it seems that having a base Attack over 150 is enough for GF to totally ruin it, but Archaeos got other things which made it 'overpowered' in GF's eyes). Oh well. I'm sure it'll have its uses while it lives.

Dragon Pulse to hit lots of things for neutral, only resisted by steels, which are hit super effectively by either Focus Blast or Earth Power.
As long as I´m not missing something, Dragon Pulse is illegal with Earth Power. Other than that it could work, if you manage to get a boost. For an item, Wise Glasses is probably better, because Dragon only hits Dragon for SE, which makes the SE coverage kinda meh.

Btw am I correct if I assume, that with +2 Atk, Faint Hearted would just reduce its Atk stat to the normal number(because with +2 it literally has double Atk)? Or does it half the Base stat itself?

With SR as popular as it is and that ability I would probably run a banded/scarfed set for this poke to just take advantage of its Attack/Speed stats before they get halfed by that ability.

Why a beast as Ononokusu has Rivalry, Encourage and Tension (+ dragon dance obviously) to increase its monstrous power (147 base attack), while Archaeos has this ridiculous ability?

Thanks Game Freak...u have ruined the coolest pokemon of this generation.
we all know the coolest pokemon this generation is sazandora.

It looks like a black and dark blue version of the yugioh card: blue eyes ultimate dragon.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
The main he has to worry about is faster things and SR. Things like Starmie can switch and just KO him. Also, he can't really use LO due to his ability. He can be a good Cleaner if the conditions are right.

With SR as popular as it is and that ability I would probably run a banded/scarfed set for this poke to just take advantage of its Attack/Speed stats before they get halfed by that ability.
Attack is the only stat that gets halved. While you could obviously still choice him, I just want to make sure you are aware that its not a universal stat cut. His Sp.Att and Speed are more than fine below 50% health.

we all know the coolest pokemon this generation is sazandora.

It looks like a black and dark blue version of the yugioh card: blue eyes ultimate dragon.
This thing looks like a digimon....not a pokemon sprite...

Archaeos >> Sazandora imho..

GF we want a new ability for archaeos in pokemon grey (or already in pkmn b/w) plz....it could be a great OU...

even with that horrible ability i can still see him as a decent mixed sweeper. his special atack and movepool and just about enough to abuse dragon pulse and focus blast, plus stone edge(or rock slide, whatever rock move you want) and earthquake give him great coverage alone. totally using him on my gen 5 team(like usual, i only pick stuff that ohko or get ohkoed).

btw, by for much does his ability drop his atack?

I think you're making that out to be a much bigger deal than it is considering how hard it rips everything to shreds at full ATK.

Its SP ATK and ability to use Endeavor go untouched, so it's not incredibly crippling if the ability is in effect. Chances are that it won't be on a regular basis since this thing can't take hits anyway.

Don't. Forget. Claw Sharpen. If you set up a CS before you hit half you've still got a manageable stat. And a 90% accurate Focus Blast off his Sp.Att stat is a juicy finisher as a last hurrah before going down. Though as Elliot said, his ability won't matter much most times he gets hit cause he's frail anywho. Doesn't make him any less potent, his speed, power, and coverage still make him a force to be reckoned with.
In other news, I've heard from several people that Acrobat doubles when the opponent is itemless not you. This doesn't make much sense, but I can see GF doing it. Confirmation? Even if true, EdgeQuake and Focuse Blast backed by CS works juuust fine.

Okay, then:

Aakeosu@Nothing, Lv46 vs Baffuron Lv35:

I use Acrobat. It is a clean OHKO.

Aakeosu@Shell Bell, Lv46 vs Baffuron Lv34(it was hard enough to find another one):

I do about 51%.

--> Acrobat depends on YOUR holding item. Baffuron never holds items and is quite sturdy, so he was a perfect test subject. Both calculations done with 100% HP.

Don't. Forget. Claw Sharpen. If you set up a CS before you hit half you've still got a manageable stat. And a 90% accurate Focus Blast off his Sp.Att stat is a juicy finisher as a last hurrah before going down. Though as Elliot said, his ability won't matter much most times he gets hit cause he's frail anywho. Doesn't make him any less potent, his speed, power, and coverage still make him a force to be reckoned with.
In other news, I've heard from several people that Acrobat doubles when the opponent is itemless not you. This doesn't make much sense, but I can see GF doing it. Confirmation? Even if true, EdgeQuake and Focuse Blast backed by CS works juuust fine.
It's a shame,if true. Acrobat is the only decent flying move of Archaeos, but Focus blast with 93% accuracy and Stone Edge/ head Smash with 100% accuracy boosted by sharpern claw are cool moves.....but this set needs very good prediction.

Okay, then:

--> Acrobat depends on YOUR holding item. Baffuron never holds items and is quite sturdy, so he was a perfect test subject. Both calculations done with 100% HP.
good news,this means that acrobat + rock jewels is usable.

But with this ability it always will be a good uu pkmn.....it needs new ability to play well in ou metagame imho..

Okay, then:

Aakeosu@Nothing, Lv46 vs Baffuron Lv35:

I use Acrobat. It is a clean OHKO.

Aakeosu@Shell Bell, Lv46 vs Baffuron Lv34(it was hard enough to find another one):

I do about 51%.

MOST EXCELLENT. Thanks for clarifying! Good to know! So Rock Jewel and Acrobat is still a viable and deadly combination. Awesome.

Added Flying Jewel as an item option in a couple sets since Acrobat has 110 BP during the turn it's consumed.
Is that so? It actually works like that?
Awesome! I was afraid you would HAVE to use Stone Edge to get your powerful Acrobat. This gets rid of that if you opt for it over Rock Jewel.

I personally like this guy. Great speed and attack, almost like an updated version of our friend that's Rock/Flying, Aerodactyl. Only thing is that its ability absolutely sucks and STAB isn't too great, stone edge only has 80 accuracy. Oh well, still is a cool little guy.

Well, it's ability is better than Truant, or Slow Start.. And I doubt it can take a hit that will not immediately cream it. The only problem is SR.

You can rely on specials afterward. With a moveset of focus blast/roost, dragon pulse, stone edge and earthquake, this thing makes a beast attacker. I'd like to use some flying stab but the physical ones aren't worth it for coverage reasons.

Archaeos is pretty much built for his job. The ability is something to watch out for obivously, but everything else works in perfect synergy. Acrobat with the consumable Jewels. Claw Sharpen with Stone Edge (especially) and Focus Blast. Everything is built pretty much just as it needs to be so its effective. So much win!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)