Art for YouTube!

"
Series currently seeking artists:
  • OU Teams to Know (written by NotFalse
"

This project seems to be kinda dead rn but in the situation that it revives and we need an artist, I wanted to share the thumbnail outline i made for it, which looks something like: http://puu.sh/nLKMm/3d9d82f1ca.png.

In general, if an artist could create a good looking thumbnail layout that can present all 6 members of a team and perhaps a name for it with freedom for someone to take this outline and modify it with the right team as they please, it would probably be great for this series or future thumbnails that have something similar.

"
Series currently seeking artists:
  • OU Teams to Know (written by NotFalse
"

This project seems to be kinda dead rn but in the situation that it revives and we need an artist, I wanted to share the thumbnail outline i made for it, which looks something like: http://puu.sh/nLKMm/3d9d82f1ca.png.

In general, if an artist could create a good looking thumbnail layout that can present all 6 members of a team and perhaps a name for it with freedom for someone to take this outline and modify it with the right team as they please, it would probably be great for this series or future thumbnails that have something similar.
I can make a .PSD layout (Photoshop).

Edit: made

Go here to download the layout.

Last edited:

Stratos

Banned deucer.
DOU Spring Seasonal Round 1: Haruno vs MajorBowman
Haruno gets a Jirachi, MajorBowman gets a Sableye
Needed by: Friday the 18th
bump again, this was needed yesterday @_@

also new thumbnail

DOU Spring Seasonal Round 3: finally vs Yellow Paint
Zard Y for finally, Zard X for Yellow Paint
Needed by: Friday the 25th

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
so is anyone still interested in contributing to this? We have a couple of projects set to start soon and it would be good to get a couple of artists on board.

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
Bumping again because we have two series that need artists: "Core Support" and "Introduction to Cores." If you're unsure what volunteering for this would entail, I'll give a few details below.
  • "Core Support" videos would need:
    • thumbnail) the 2 Pokemon featured, with a "+" between them
    • slides) displays with the possible sets, EVs, items, nature and possible teammates
They don't have to be masterpieces, just simple graphics. If you're interested, please post here or PM myself, Zodiax, and PoMMan. Thanks. :)

Aberforth

is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Ubers Leader
We actually have a couple more than that, we also have an Introduction to Monotype series that will need videos, with a thumbnail relating to the content of the video as well as slides to show during the video, as well as a "Lower Tiered Mons" series where we will need the same.

MiniArchitect

Detail Disoriented
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Sorry, had a miscommunication with someone. "Core support" means making graphics alongside user ~GreenCore for the "Pokemon Showcase" and "Don't Use That, Use This!" series. Still interested? If so, @PomMan/@Zodiax will see that you're briefed.
I can lend a hand in graphics for those shows if GreenCore needs some of the weight taken off his shoulders, but I was looking forward to working on graphics for a new series from the ground up, too. Do we have a general idea of how the workload would be split between us? Depending on how heavily I need to be involved with Showcase and Don't Use That, I could take on developing a package of templates for one of other series PomMan listed as well (or Introduction to Cores, if there hasn't been any miscommunication about that show).

Aberforth

Ubers Leader
OK, we've had a bunch of volunteers who I'm really grateful for and I'll be the guy updating this thread from now on, just to keep everything organised. After this post I'll send everyone tagged the script for their first video.

MiniArchitect = Guide to using Lower Tiered Pokemon
Dream Eater Gengar = Introduction to Monotype series
Sobi = Pokemon Showcase
Kalalokki = Playstyle Analysis
~GreenCore = DUTUT

Thanks to everyone who volunteered, there's now just one video series in production which needs an artist, the introduction to cores series, which is still in the development stages of its script and so is not as high a priority for me.

Kalalokki

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sprite Leader
Seeing as I've already made the graphics for the first video on my series and have my template pretty much done for the rest of them, I could do "Introduction to Cores" as well if that's okay.

Aberforth

Ubers Leader
Bump, we're in need of a thumbnail for the recent stream of OST 12 between Bad Ass and Seeme, if anyone can do one.

Bump, we're in need of a thumbnail for the recent stream of OST 12 between Bad Ass and Seeme, if anyone can do one.
If no one takes this up, i can provide the thumbnail I plan to use myself for this series (the work of an actual artist would be better than my thumbnail though).

So smogon is doing ps lives now? Mil, upload on your own channel ._.
Also if needed I can provide, but someone else can probably do it better

Aberforth

Ubers Leader
Reviving this slightly, we could now use a thumbnail for an RU building video made by Andromeda, building around Alomomola and Registeel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)