Art thief caught redhanded: The online novel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epe-Tohri

Banned deucer.
ALL OF THE ARTWORK WITHIN THIS THREAD IS FROM AN CLOSED DEVIANTART ACCOUNT AS OF 5 YEARS AGO, WHERE THE USER HAS FAILED TO VERIFY THAT THEY ARE THE SAME ARTIST AND HAS THUS BEEN INFRACTED FOR PLAGIARISM

Hello. I'm Epe-Tohri. A few of you might know me from DeviantArt. I was an active member of the site for the past few years before becoming a bit less active. After months of random sketching, and the arrival of various new Pokemon games, I decided to get back into drawing, and I signed up to Pokemon Showdown as well as the forums to showcase my item. Any advice is appreciated.

Rules:
These are pretty straightforward, but I just want to make sure these are made clear.
  • Please don't take my art. I put a lot of effort into it - don't just copy and paste it, claiming it to be yours.
  • Please don't be mean or demeaning when criticizing my art. I know I'm not the best artist in the world, but any rude comments won't change that.
  • Please don't ask for requests yet. I haven't settled into the forums yet, and my life is extremely busy, so I won't be able to fulfil any requests. Sorry.
Anyway, enough of me talking. Time for some of my pieces of art. Enjoy!~

Her name is Mayuu. The origin of her name comes from a flower called "Hamayuu (Crinum)".. One of my personal favourites.

Bit of inspiration from Sonic here.

Inspiration from Manaphy and Sonic. One of my first drawings ^.^

Brief doodle of mine that I did a few days ago. I have to say, I'm obsessed with Dragon Ball, lol!

Lol, another Dragon Ball drawing here.

I hope you enjoyed taking a look at my drawings. Like I said, any advice is greatly appreciated!~

Last edited:

Epe-Tohri

Banned deucer.
Your art is amazing.. I like how all the colours gently fit in.. Are you taking requests? o:
Thank you~! And, unfortunately, I'm not taking requests.

OP said:
Rules:
These are pretty straightforward, but I just want to make sure these are made clear.
  • Please don't take my art. I put a lot of effort into it - don't just copy and paste it, claiming it to be yours.
  • Please don't be mean or demeaning when criticizing my art. I know I'm not the best artist in the world, but any rude comments won't change that.
  • Please don't ask for requests yet. I haven't settled into the forums yet, and my life is extremely busy, so I won't be able to fulfil any requests. Sorry.

Reactions: nv

Ssensenh

deerfish
is an Artist Alumnus
oH it's you I knew something about your name seemed familiar! :'D aah, I love how you're able to emulate the original styles so well! >:000 everything is so clean, and the lineart is so smooth<3<3 I look forward to more updates! <: >wo)b

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'll be locking this thread for the time being to allow you to prove that the art in this thread indeed was made by yourself. Reason for this is that we suspect this art has been directly lifted from her deviantArt account and reposted here under her name, because of the following:
  • All of the art found in this thread is art that can be found in her dA gallery, which was closed five years ago. Her goodbye message states that she'll still continue doing art in other communities, making it strange for someone to only share art so old.
  • One of your IP addresses coincides with that of an art thief exposed recently. Most users can have plenty of IP addresses they use, but it's noteworthy info nonetheless.
  • Your birthday is not the same as Epe-Tohri's. This info is the reason that compelled me to post in this thread, coupled with the other unusual traits.
In order to prove that you are who you claim to be, you must either prove your identity or your skills, which can be done by:
  • Linking me to an active account (featuring the same art posted at a similar time) so that I may contact you on there and get confirmation. Or you can link/PM me her portfolio/facebook page so that I may use get confirmation through there. The email associated with your Smogon account won't work since this account is under suspicion, and cannot be used to confirm you, unless it happens to be the same mail used on her other sites.
  • By drawing a fresh picture based on the request of someone on this site, that not only cannot be found through Google's reverse image search, but also matches up to the quality and style of your previous artwork.
My apologies for inflicting such heavy suspicions on you, particularly since your dA journal states that art theft are one of the reasons you stopped sharing your art there, but if this trial has been passed, your thread will be unlocked and stickied for the next one month as apology.

I'd also like to apologize for the bad timing, as this is not an april fools joke.

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
During the last 48 hours, not only haven't you provided any proof of your identity, you instead chose to delete this thread and remove all VMs related to your art. Therefore, while you still have the opportunity to verify yourself and your art, I'll undelete this thread and infract you for plagiarism because all the current signs point that way.

Epe-Tohri

Banned deucer.
During the last 48 hours, not only haven't you provided any proof of your identity, you instead chose to delete this thread and remove all VMs related to your art. Therefore, while you still have the opportunity to verify yourself and your art, I'll undelete this thread and infract you for plagiarism because all the current signs point that way.
bummer you stink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)