Data Mentoring Program Signups [ZhengTann now in Charge!]

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Annoying refs is part of my day job. I'll be tutoring C$FP, so sit tight =)

Starting ASB Queue:
- N/A

Reffing Queue:
- Stary02939 (101)

Gym Queue:
- N/A

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Taking Stary02939 . PM me when you are ready.

Also, a (hopefully temporary) change in Reffing 202: In addition to your 5vs5 doubles match, the person must also ref one gym match from begining to end. Reasons are simple: 1) We have seen cases of people focusing on the 5vs5 and foregoing everything else. While that won't pass the final evalution, still it shows a flaw in our system; 2) User must be able to multi-task as I don't want people doing only self-refs as reffing; 3) Gym matches are the closest thing to serious matches and being able to ref those is good test; 4) We need more gym matches reffed <_<;.

Like with the 5vs5 doubles, the candidate will have a limitated number of DQ Warnings and the tutor will be in charge of giving those DQ Warning on the Gym Match topic (in addition to players). The difference is that the candidate has 1 DQ Warning on the 5vs5 and 2 DQ Warning on the Gym Match.

If no Gym Match available for taking, the player can take a Tournament match. If no tournament match, a serious match (3vs3 or above with items=on) on battle tower. If none of those, then the tutor should challenge someone and do something to create one of those.

Also it means that if you manage to do both matches, the standards for rejecting elsewhere will be lowered. Which means that you need to a total and utter john on the matches other than those (and/or ref insanely poorly) to be rejected.

This is valid for the applications done from this point onwards.

Last edited:
Program: Reffing
Course:
Timezone: US Mountain Time
Reffing Experience (if any): sometimes i ref important things
Why do you want to be tutored: so i can have my name be on a list of cool ppl and also have a less terribad format
Any extra comments about yourself: bastiodons

Starting ASB Queue:
- N/A

Reffing Queue:
- Leethoof (101)

Gym Queue:
- N/A

Program: Starting ASB
Timezone:
GMT+1
ASB Experience (if any): Registered, no battles yet.
Why do you want to join Smogon's ASB: I joined Smogon's ASB as it's a cut above any other ASB system I've seen, I love the fact it isn't just walls of fluff with 500 instances of 'Dodge' rated by a referee, and that strategy seems a lot more thought-out here, I really like the subs system also.
Why do you want to be tutored: The system itself looks really broad, and seems like a lot of information to take in at once, I figured I'd probably need some guidance along the way and this was already here. :toast:
Any extra comments about yourself: I have an alright sense of humor, and love a laugh. I treat people the way they treat me; if you're nice to me, I'll be nice to you. That being said I can take a joke and give one back in return, I find it easy to get along with people, not much else to say really. :toast:

Starting ASB Queue:
- Hawkie

Reffing Queue:
- N/A

Gym Queue:
- N/A

Hey guys I'm actually active I swear!

I'll take Hawkie
btw I'm AOPSUser on IRC and aopsuser on skype if that's your thing

Starting ASB Queue:
- N/A

Reffing Queue:
- N/A

Gym Queue:
- N/A

Course:
Timezone: GMT +1
Reffing Experience (if any): I haven't reffed a standard match in... quite some time. But I used to be a very active ref. Oh, I also reffed several Battle Hall challenges. And well... raids.
Why do you want to be tutored: I would like to become a white-listed tutor to be able to self-ref flash matches. Pretty much.
Any extra comments about yourself: Can't come up with any at the moment. I like cutemons - does it count?

Picking Zarator,

You can send me a PM with your team, and I will post my team in that PM, and we can get the battle underway.

Starting ASB Queue:
- N/A

Reffing Queue:
- N/A

Gym Queue:
- N/A

Timezone:
GMT+8
ASB Experience (if any): Registered, 1... unfinished battle
Why do you want to join Smogon's ASB: Well, Hawkie recommended this to me, and it does look fun. Coming from PS's Battle Dome and having experience with competitive battling, this seems like a nice change, with strategy being more thought of than just plain buying OP items and abilities and nuking.
Why do you want to be tutored: For one, I want to learn the ropes in this, and maybe even learn better strats, etc. Plus, it's fun to have someone guide you.
Any extra comments about yourself: You can call me Lucy since it's my irl name and my PS name (if you see this random anime name talking about Trickster/Snaquaza/Nani Man, it's probably me. uh... I like pop songs, aka those "mainstream" stuff haters complain about. Other than that, eh not much to say.

Starting ASB Queue:
- Lucy
Reffing Queue:
- N/A

Gym Queue:
- N/A

#BDInvasion

Last edited:

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Course:
Reffing 101
Timezone: Central (UTC-6))
Reffing Experience (if any): None
Why do you want to be tutored: I want to be able to ref, looks like fun
Any extra comments about yourself: Been playing pokemon stuff since Gen 1, but didn't get introduced to smogon until a year or two ago, but I'm liking everything I see so far.

Starting ASB Queue:
- Lucy
Reffing Queue:
- jayelt413
Gym Queue:
- N/A

Timezone: GMT +8 (Malaysian Timezone)
ASB Experience (if any): Absolutely none.
Why do you want to join Smogon's ASB: A couple of friends at the Battle Dome room(aka Hawkie,jayelt413,I'm probably missing other people) on PS started mentioning ASB in chat,and it looked fun.So,I joined.
Why do you want to be tutored: I well,have no expierience with ASB,so I'll be needing help.
Any extra comments about yourself:Nothing in particular,although as of this post,I am taking exams,so I may busy and unable to respond.Also,call me Mana plsty

Starting ASB Queue:
- Lucy
- Mana
Reffing Queue:
- jayelt413
Gym Queue:
- N/A

Last edited:

Frosty

=_=
taking Lucy and Mana

PM me when you can. Let's work out how can I help you out best.

Starting ASB Queue:
- N/A
Reffing Queue:
- jayelt413
Gym Queue:
- N/A

Timezone:
GMT+8
ASB Experience (if any): I've been in like, 4 battles
Why do you want to join Smogon's ASB: 'cause it looks fun, also dq time is like 48 hours which rly is nice for me
Why do you want to be tutored: Because there are still things i don't understand (like accuracy decreases/boosts), and honestly, don't even know how to sub for the right thing.
Any extra comments about yourself: i've been waiting for shroomish for 10 years is that something
Starting ASB Queue:
- Ascher
Reffing Queue:
- jayelt413
Gym Queue:
- N/A

-----

Course:
Timezone: GMT+8
Reffing Experience (if any): I've reffed 2 battles, I'm reffing one now
Why do you want to be tutored: To (hopefully) be able to speed up my reffing, and because well, refs are the ones that give life to ASB, without refs there'd be no battles, so wynaut take a reffing course to help out
Any extra comments about yourself: i luv shroomish so much i planned on using shroomish as my trainer sprite
Starting ASB Queue:
- Ascher
Reffing Queue:
- jayelt413
- Ascher (101)
Gym Queue:
- N/A

Last edited:
Timezone: Mountain Time (Alberta, Montana)
ASB Experience (if any): Registered for a team, that's it.
Why do you want to join Smogon's ASB: A lot of my friends play it, and happened to get me interested. I've always been interested in things with an "Rpg" aspect.
Why do you want to be tutored: I feel like my knowledge on the game is terrible, and could use some help. xD
Any extra comments about yourself: I am very smart, young guy. (Not even in highschool!) But with the capabilities of someone in University, I tend to have school 8-4PM my time on Weekdays, but am usually available outside of those times. I am familiar with simple Pokemon battling due to (potentially excessive) use of the Showdown simulator.

Starting ASB Queue:

- Ascher
- KNBrisson
Reffing Queue:
- jayelt413
- Ascher (101)
Gym Queue:
- N/A

Course: Reffing 101
Timezone: GMT +8
Reffing Experience (if any): I've refffed a couple of battles before.
Why do you want to be tutored: As said above,I've reffed a few battles before.The thing is,I'd like to be able to improve myself.So,yeah.
Any extra comments about yourself: uhh idk I already said I wanted to say in the signups for Starting ASB.

Starting ASB Queue:
- Ascher
- KNBrisson
Reffing Queue:
- jayelt413
- Ascher (101)
- Manazran(101)
Gym Queue:
- N/A

I can take jayelt413 for his Reffing 101. Jay, Start a Conversation with me and we can start the program for you.

Starting ASB Queue:
- Ascher
- KNBrisson
Reffing Queue:
- Ascher (101)
- Manazran(101)
Gym Queue:
- N/A

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Course: Reffing 202
Timezone: CDT (UTC-6 iirc)
Reffing Experience (if any):
Many, many battles, ranging from flash 1v1 LC to a 9v9 Brawl
Why do you want to be tutored: Self-reffing sounds fin, and also just to make sure I'm doing my bigger battles correctly
Any extra comments about yourself: Raring and ready to go

Starting ASB Queue:
- Ascher
- KNBrisson
Reffing Queue:
- Ascher (101)
- Manazran(101)
- jayelt413(202)
Gym Queue:
- N/A

Timezone: +5:30 MGT
Reffing Experience (if any): I guess everyone knows it...
Why do you want to be tutored: Self Reffing is my ulterior motive...
Any extra comments about yourself: Smeargle...

Starting ASB Queue:
- Ascher
- KNBrisson
Reffing Queue:
- Ascher (101)
- Manazran(101)
- VirajVora(202)
Gym Queue:
- N/A

Timezone: -8 GMT (Pacific)
Reffing Experience (if any): I've been doing it for more than 3 (?) years
Why do you want to be tutored: Self-Reffing :O
Any extra comments about yourself: Most unsuccessful gym qualifying?

Starting ASB Queue:
- Ascher
- KNBrisson
Reffing Queue:
- Ascher (101)
- Manazran (101)
- VirajVora (202)
- AOPSUser (202)
Gym Queue:
- N/A

Timezone: -5 GMT (Eastern)
Reffing Experience (if any): I've been doing, albeit not well
Why do you want to be tutored: Self-Reffing :O and also to pressure myself to actually get things done before DQ
Any extra comments about yourself: i put something somewhere

Starting ASB Queue:
- Ascher
- KNBrisson
Reffing Queue:
- Ascher (101)
- Manazran (101)
- VirajVora (202)
- AOPSUser (202)
- acidphoenix (202)
Gym Queue:
- N/A

Guess what? I miserably failed last time. So I am back >.>

Gym you intend to challenge: Fighting
Difficulties you are facing: Preparing for the separate bouts.
Timezone: GMT +5:30

Why do you want to be tutored: The fighting gym is unique in that it doesn't have a switching mechanic and the type of pokemon shouldn't be repeated. I find that very challenging, and would like to discuss about my strategy.

Any extra comments about yourself: Failed my last attempt at the flying gym miserably on the first round, hoping to do a better job of it this time around.

-------------

Also picking Ascher for the reffing 101. Send me a PM and we can get it started Ascher.

Starting ASB Queue:
- Ascher
- KNBrisson

Reffing Queue:
- Manazran (101)
- VirajVora (202)
- AOPSUser (202)
- acidphoenix (202)

Gym Queue:
- Gale Wing Srock (Fighting Gym)

Frosty

=_=
*takes a very deep breath*

taking

Ascher starting ASB. PM me when ready.
KNBrisson Starting ASB. PM me when ready.
Manazran reffing 101. PM me when ready.
VirajVora reffing 202. I will PM you mons now.
AOPSUser reffing 202. I will PM you mons now.

Sorry gale, not taking yours since: a) I just took you for the same gym, and b) You lost that bout because you derped big time and there is no tutoring that will prevent that. Others can though.

Starting ASB Queue:

Reffing Queue:
- acidphoenix (202)

Gym Queue:
- Gale Wing Srock (Fighting Gym)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)