Data ASB Raid Zone - General Thread (NEW REF PAYMENT)

Gonna spend 3 Valor Counters to buy Dispel for Origin the Stratagem, Alurani the Roserade, and Pandora the Necturna.

Valor Counters: 15-3=12

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
I'm going to exchanging 5 Badges of Valor for one Admiral's Cap, and I'm now also going to add a Privatyke to my shopping list.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Claiming from here.

I gain:
+7× Valour Counter
+1× Glyph of Ancientpower
+1× Glyph of Roost
+1× Glyph of Crunch
+1× Glyph of Rock Slide
+1× Primal Amber
+1× Bulwark of Impenetrable Darkness

Cheers! Now, can we have approvals in here?

Chapter 4: Into the Deep COMPLETE!

Valor Counters: 12+7=19
1x Glyph of Ancientpower - Raises the secondary effect chance of Ancientpower to 30%.
1x Glyph of Roost - Maintains the Fighting, Grass, and Bug resistances and gives a Ground resistance while roosting. Does not apply to non-Flying Pokemon. Reduces the Energy Cost of Roost by two (2) and increases its priority by one (1).
1x Glyph of Crunch - Raises the base power of Crunch by 1
1x Glyph of Rock Slide - Rock Slide maintains 8 BAP against multiple targets, and has its accuracy increased by 10%.
1x Primal Amber: Increases the BP of Flying-type attacks by four (4), reduces the EN cost of all recoil attacks by one (1), and causes Roost to heal four (4) more HP.
1x Bulwark of Impenetrable Darkness: Increases the BP of Dark-type attacks by five (5), the threat generated by the holder by one hundred percent (100%), and reduces the EN cost of Taunt by three (3).

Other rewards will be claimed in the prize claiming thread...eventually.

Sorry for the long wait

Waterwarrior: APPROVED
UllarWarlord: Your rep claim is incorrect but, luckily for you, reputation standings are automatically updated and don't need any claiming on your part. APPROVED.
Frosty: APPROVED
Maxim: APPROVED
Imanalt: APPROVED
Dogfish: APPROVED, but you gotta buy your Privatyke elsewhere
Its A Random: APPROVED

Okay big claim coming.. the Guardians have fallen!

+13 VC to take me to 61 total
+3 Badges of Valour (now 8 total)
+1 Vile Hands of Darkness
+1 Polished Visage of the Spire
+1 Ancient Sapphire
+1 Pristine Sapphire
+1 Glyph of Ice Shard
+1 Glyph of Icy Wind
+1 Glyph of Ice Beam
+1 Glyph of Reflect
+1 Glyph of Ice Fang
+1 Glyph of Extremespeed (Blue)

I would like to spend 5 of my 8 Badges of Valour on some Dragonhide Bindings and 10 of my 61 VC on a Signet of the Bright Hope

I'm also handing in the quest Cleansing the Elements to claim 1000 (useless :P) reputation and a Seer's Orb of Mercy.

Finally I would like to combine my Ancient Ruby, Ancient Sapphire and Ancient Topaz along with their Pristine versions too and gain myself some fancy new artifacts!

PS zar, let me know if I missed anything :P

Frosty: APPROVED
Ragnarokalex: APPROVED
Pwnemon: APPROVED

Okay big claim coming.. the Guardians have fallen!

+13 VC to take me to 61 total
+3 Badges of Valour (now 8 total)
+1 Ancient Sapphire
+1 Pristine Sapphire
+1 Glyph of Ice Shard
+1 Glyph of Icy Wind
+1 Glyph of Ice Beam
+1 Glyph of Reflect
+1 Glyph of Ice Fang
+1 Glyph of Extremespeed (Blue)

I would like to spend 5 of my 8 Badges of Valour on some Dragonhide Bindings and 10 of my 61 VC on a Signet of the Bright Hope

I'm also handing in the quest Cleansing the Elements to claim 1000 (useless :P) reputation and a Seer's Orb of Mercy.

Finally I would like to combine my Ancient Ruby, Ancient Sapphire and Ancient Topaz along with their Pristine versions too and gain myself some fancy new artifacts!

PS zar, let me know if I missed anything :P
There you go

Seer's Orb of Mercy:
Raises the base power of Fighting-type attacks by (7), and reduces the energy cost of Heal Pulse and Recover by (2)

Crown of Eternal Storms:
Boosts the Rank of Special Attack by 8, and the maximum HP and Energy by 10, while the Pokémon is under the effects of Forecast and raises the critical hit stage of Weather Ball by (2). Moreover, the Pokémon can use any weather move bar Sandstorm in all indoor arenas where it might otherwise be disallowed and these moves will last for 2 additional rounds, while costing (2) less energy.

You lose the following items: Pristine Ruby, Pristine Sapphire, Pristine Topaz

Also, I highly suggest you to NOT combine the lesser gems as well since, after all, you can't use more than a Castform in any given battle.

Good point, I will leave the lesser gems alone. Is the Crown description missing a "can only be used by Castform" in it somewhere?

Also thanks again zarator. Three cheers to you for making raids so enjoyable.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
oh boy

+13 VC (64)
+3 BoV (14)
+1 Ancient Sapphire
+1 Pristine Sapphire
+1 Glyph of Ice Fang
+1 Glyph of ExtremeSpeed (Blue)

I will spend 10 Badges of Valor on 1x Dragonhide Bindings and 1x Collar of Tenacity as well as 10 VC on 1x Signet of Bright Hope.

Then I'll use another 2 VC to teach Tomohawk and Blissey Dispel.

I'll also cash in Cleansing the Elements in exchange for a Seer's Orb of Mercy. Yeah go me getting all new items for the next raid.

I will hold on to my gems for now

Good point, I will leave the lesser gems alone. Is the Crown description missing a "can only be used by Castform" in it somewhere?
No, it is not. It is perfectly possible for, say, Victreebel or Roserade to use this item and still benefit from the improved Weather Ball and the freedom in using weather moves. In most cases, though, you will find there are better items to use in those cases.

... I can see that there MAY be a case for having two crowns (one for Castform, one for something like the aforementioned Grass-types). I still believe it's not worth it but the choice is yours.

Oh, Engi is approved by the way. P.S.: Are you two keeping me aware of any reputation standing updates I must do from raids either of you reffed?

Howdy, my fellow raiders! Today I come to you with an excellent resource for us all to use (or at least for those of us who don't have access to the master sheets *cough*zarator*cough*Engineer*cough*deadfox*cough*. At the moment, if you want to find out where a particular glyph or artifact comes from, you need to search through all the raids in the Raid Zone until you find it (unless your lucky and it's bought with rep/badges or a quest reward). So, I decided to compile all the locations of all the publicly known glyphs and artifacts (as well as quests for completion's sake) into one handy location. I present to you: the ASB Raid Compendium! Hopefully zara will put a link to this in the OP somewhere, I'll probably throw a link into my signature myself. Eventually I may add boss descriptions in here, but I feel like this is a good start for now. Feel free to give me any comments or criticisms you may have.

EDIT: Oh, and while I'm here spending 5 VC to teach Rebble, Mollux, Vulpix, and Breezi Dispel and to teach Vulpix Shadow Mend.

Approving the prize claims above.

@Flamestrike: Thanks for the compendium! I spotted some mistakes though:

Glyph of Rock Slide: It also raises Rock Slide's BP by 1.
Glyph of Fire Fang: It just raises Fire Fang's BP by 3, nothing else.

It's been a long time!

After a loong wait, raids are about to come back. Expect the official release in some days. Meanwhile, please pay a visit to the very detailed raid strategies I wrote in the last few months, as with the wipe of social groups, these will be your only (albeit accurate) source of information regarding an old encounter.

See you soon!

New big patch incoming

With the return of the Raid Zone, I'm taking the opportunity to implement some much-needed mechanic changes. The first batch of these will regard the role of tanks in the Raid Zone. Basically, I feel that at the moment, without the use of an artifact, it's simply impossible for defensive Pokemon to keep up with the threat generation of damage dealing Pokemon - without becoming better damage dealers themselves, of course. For this reason, I'm changing a few abilities and moves to help with threat generation. This patch is still in a "beta" stage, which means it won't be officially implemented until I say so. Feel free to comment on it on this thread or poke me on IRC if I'm there.

Ability changes

A lot of abilities will be changed from their current type to "Toggle". These abilities will work as usual when Toggled "Off". However, when Toggled "On", their effects will change to the following ones:

Big Pecks: raises the threat generation of attacking moves by 50%. This ability can't be Toggled On if copied or transferred and doesn't stack with other threat multipliers.
Cute Charm: raises the threat generation of attacking moves by 50%. This ability can't be Toggled On if copied or transferred and doesn't stack with other threat multipliers.
Intimidate: raises the threat generation of attacking moves by 50%. This ability can't be Toggled On if copied or transferred and doesn't stack with other threat multipliers.
Magician: raises the threat generation of Fairy-type attacking moves by 50%. This ability can't be Toggled On if copied or transferred and doesn't stack with other threat multipliers.
Own Tempo: raises the threat generation of attacking moves by 50%. This ability can't be Toggled On if copied or transferred and doesn't stack with other threat multipliers.
Poison Touch: raises the threat generation of attacking moves against poisoned targets by 50%. This ability can't be Toggled On if copied or transferred and doesn't stack with other threat multipliers.
Pressure: raises the threat generation of attacking moves by 50%. This ability can't be Toggled On if copied or transferred and doesn't stack with other threat multipliers.
Rivalry: raises the threat generation of attacking moves by 50%. This ability can't be Toggled On if copied or transferred and doesn't stack with other threat multipliers.
Serene Grace: raises the threat generation of Fairy-type attacking moves by 50%. This ability can't be Toggled On if copied or transferred and doesn't stack with other threat multipliers.

Move changes

Several attacking moves will get the following secondary effect in addition to their current effects:

Generates a high amount of threat: this move will cause a flat additional threat equal to the damage caused. For example, a Pokemon that causes 20 damage with such a move will cause 40 threat overall. A Pokemon with Pressure Toggled On that causes 20 damage with such a move will cause 20*1.5+20 = 50 threat overall, instead.

Attack Order: generates a high amount of threat
Avalanche: generates a high amount of threat
Bug Bite: generates a high amount of threat
Bulldoze: generates a high amount of threat
Circle Throw: generates a high amount of threat
Cross Poison: generates a high amount of threat if the target is poisoned
Dragon Tail: generates a high amount of threat
Energy Ball: generates a high amount of threat if the user's Special Attack stage is +1 or higher
Flame Burst: generates a high amount of threat if the target is burned (this effect doesn't apply on secondary targets)
Metal Burst: generates a high amount of threat
Payback: generates a high amount of threat
Play Rough: generates a high amount of threat if the user's Attack stage is +1 or higher
Pluck: generates a high amount of threat
Power Gem: generates a high amount of threat
Retaliate: generates a high amount of threat
Revenge: generates a high amount of threat
Rock Tomb: generates a high amount of threat
Seed Bomb: generates a high amount of threat if the target is affected by the user's Leech Seed
Skull Bash: generates a high amount of threat
Vital Throw: generates a high amount of threat

The following moves had their old effects replaced by the following ones:

Celebrate: raises the user's threat generation on attacking moves by 100% for the next (6) actions. This effect doesn't stack with other threat multipliers. Energy Cost: 6.
Happy Hour: raises the user's threat generation on attacking moves by 100% for the next (6) actions. This effect doesn't stack with other threat multipliers. Energy Cost: 6.
Spite: raises the user's threat generation on attacking moves by 100% for the next (6) actions. This effect doesn't stack with other threat multipliers. Energy Cost: 6.

Finally, Disarming Voice now forces the target to turn its attention on the user (like Taunt) in addition to its usual effect. Its base energy cost has been increased to 10.

EDIT: Also, the threshold for getting the boss attention is now 130% of the current target's threat, up from 120%.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)