Asbestos in Rain! (Standard OU)

In case you haven't guessed it yet, this is a rain team, albeit a very strange one. It is very offensive-oriented and not meant to sweep. Here are the team members:

Politoed@Flame Orb (might change to leftovers)
Ability: Drizzle
Nature; Relaxed
EVs: 360 hp/200 Def/152 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe
Moves:
-Fling
-Hydro Pump
-Blizzard
-Toxic
Politoed is the only pokemon outside of Ubers with drizzle, so of course it would be used. It has fling to throw the flame orb, hydro pump and blizzard to hit hard, and toxic to stall. However, it is often 2HKO'ed, so i might change its item to leftovers. It has minimum speed so its weather always occurs last.

Scizor@Damp Rock
Ability: Technician
Nature; Adamant
EVs: 4 hp/252 Atk/ 252 Spe
Moves:
-Rain Dance
-Superpower
-Bug Bite
-Bullet Punch
If Politoed loses the weather war, or if the opponent leads with Tyranitar, Scizor is there to reset the rain. It has rain dance should Politoed die and the weather change, Bug Bite for STAB, and Bullet Punch for priority and revenge killing. Superpower is used for coverage and to hit Tyranitar. Hard. A Superpower will OHKO 252/252 Adamant Tyranitar, something neither of his STABs can do (I don't see why Tyranitar would have 252 hp and Defense though).

Thundurus@ ?
Ability: Prankster
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 SpA/252 Spe/4 hp
Moves:
-Taunt
-Thunder
-Hidden Power (Ice)
- ?
Thundurus is common among rain teams, being able to beat other weather inducers such as Tyranitar with priority Rain Dance and Taunt. But my Thundurus does not have Rain Dance because Scizor and Politoed can both summon rain. Taunt is to stop set-up of any sort. Thunder and HP Ice create a boltbeam of sorts. The last slot is currently occupied by Grass Knot, but it has done literally nothing for me so it's open to suggestions. My current item is an Electric Gem to boost Thunder, but Im ight switch to Life Orb.

Gliscor@Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 200 Atk/172 Def/136 Spe
Moves:
-Fling
-Acrobatics
-Earthquake
-Thunder Fang (?)
The classic Poison Heal Gliscor, but with my own EVs. Fling the Toxic Orb to boost Acrobatics. Earthquake because it is a staple attack move. Thunder Fang is for coverage, but I might change it.

Zebstrika@Life Orb
Ability: Motor Drive
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 hp
Moves:
-Wild Charge
-Pursuit
-Quick Attack
- ?
Zebstrika and Gliscor are there to absorb electric type attacks thrown at other team members, especially 100% accuracy Thunder. Zebstrika has 252 Attack EVs and a Life Orb to boost its damage without locking it into an attack with a choice item. Wild Charge is used for much-needed damage. Pursuit is used because no one expects a Zebstrika, and especially no one expects a Zebstrika with pursuit! Quick attack to revenge kill weaker foes. My last moveslot is Return because it doesn't get much else, but I'm very willing to change it (not to Volt Switch though).

Arcanine@Passho Berry (?)
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spe/4 hp
Moves:
-Wild Charge
-Extremespeed
-Close Combat
-Bulldoze (?)
Remember when i said this was a strange rain team? You may wonder, "What the heck is an Arcanine, a fire type, doing on a rain team?" Arcanine has Flash Fire to absorb fire type attacks. When I tested out my team, i realized that once Politoed was gone and the weather changed, I had a lot of trouble dealing with fire types, specifically Balloon Heatran. So I changed my last pokemon to Arcanine. Wild Charge because it is better than Thunder Fang, Extremespeed because it is the best priority attack in the game (+2 now instead of +1), and Bulldoze for coverage (might change that). I run Close Combat to beat floating steel types instead of Flare Blitz because 1)Fire type attacks are halved in rain and 2)Heatran is immune to Flare Blitz but not Close Combat.
Suggestions (especially for Arcanine) will be much appreciated.

You cant have 360 evs on politoed, and ice beam is a better move than blizzard, and i would reccomend switching to leftovers and adding scald for burn chance.
Scizor- dont try to make it set up rain, just keep politoed alive until their weather poke dies. I reccomend choice band and u turn instead of raun dance
Give thundurus a life orb and nasty plot
Thunder fan is awful on gliscor change it to protect, ice fang, or swords dance
Change zebstrika to standard meinshao
Change arcanine to scarfed rotom wash

Thanks for the reply!
I meant 156 EVs on politoed (dont know how i messed that up). i might keep hydro pump and blizzard though just because it needs that extra power in its attacks. I don't really care for burning the opponent that much; I prefer toxic.
I'm gonna change thundurus, scizor, and gliscor like you said.
I might replace arcanine with rotom if it really does fit better. But I'm keeping zebstrika. It has priority in quick attack (I know, not very good), motor drive, and trapping capabilities in pursuit. If I'm going to be using a choice scizor, I don't want to lock it into pursuit.

You might want to consider Electivire over Zebstrika, if you really have such a problem with Electric type attacks (you only have one weakness to it, and one resist and one immunity, so yeah). Vireo has amazing coverage and can fake a choice item with Expert Belt. I like this set -

Vire@Expert Belt
Jolly - 4 HP|252 Atk|252 Spe
Ability: Motor Drive
- Wild Charge
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Cross Chop

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
If you're going for an offensively based Arcanine, then slap a Life Orb onto it. It will give you the most bang for your buck since its defenses are lacking and its typing is subpar. I'd suggest giving it Flare Blitz for the fourth moveslot. If Flash Fire is activated and the sun is out, it's going to wreck havoc upon anything that moves. If you're interested in boosting Arcanine, perhaps give it Flame Charge? Although it isn't a very powerful attack (though stronger than Bulldoze), it will raise his speed, which could give you a pleasant kill against Heatran who think they can outspeed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)