1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Ask A Little Question, Get A Little Answer (Mark 1)

Discussion in 'Little Cup' started by Seven Deadly Sins, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Seven Deadly Sins

Seven Deadly Sins ~hallelujah~
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Easy questions come up all the time, so ask them here.

A couple ground rules:

This is NOT a discussion thread.
    • Please consult the sticky threads before posting a question here. Most basic information is contained in them.
    • Do not ask non-LC related questions in this thread. For general Pokémon help, see the Simple Question / Simple Answer thread in Stark Mountain.
    • Do not start discussions in this thread. This is for simple questions that are expected to have a simple answer. If your question is an open-ended discussion-starter, it will be moderated.
    • Do not continue discussions in this thread. Provide a simple answer to a posted simple question, or do not post at all. Do not go "back-and-forth" with posts.
    This thread is for simple questions, and simple answers. It's very.... uh.... simple.
  2. ungulateman

ungulateman

Could someone give more information on why some LC Pokemon were banned so quickly eg. Scyther, Tangela, Sneasel? I'm pretty sure it has to do with their really high stats, but I'm pretty sure there are other reasons...
  3. Altair

Altair just who is the coon?

tl;dr: When the first five came into Little Cup, they were obviously broken and automatically banned. The last 2 took a little longer, but it was eventually realized how much they broke the metagame.

EDIT: sorry grandfather eric
  4. eric the espeon

eric the espeon maybe I just misunderstood
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Only Scyther was banned without any testing at all, Yanma and Sneasel went after a few days then Medi. Tangela took a little longer for people to find the Sun set and abuse it effectively. Clamperl was a while after Tangela, and it was a few months before we finally decided to ban Murkrow.
  5. Heysup

Heysup Monsters are dangerous and kings are dying like flies.
    is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

I have a question, but only a few people can answer it....

Are we getting a "Little Cup RMT" SubSubForum? Or are we going to be allowed to post LC RMTs in the regular RMT Forum and get legitimate feedback and not stupid replies from people about the metagame?

(If we can post in the RMT forum, I think we should start by putting some of the "more popular teams" out there (like Vader's immunity, Dixies, maybe even my team) and have people respond to it and treat it like a normal RMT......but this thread isn't for discussing that...)

This would be good publicity for the metagame too.

EDIT: So I don't start a discussion here, the bolded part is the actual "Question". And just for clarification, does the "regular forum" mean the regular LC forum, or the regular RMT forum....
  6. Seven Deadly Sins

is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Post all RMTs in the regular RMT forum.
  7. Wikey

Wikey

What's the best time (EST) to find people playing LC on the CAP server?
  8. Zach

Zach

Why are discussion threads being posted here? Does this serve as an LC Stark right now?
  9. Pyromanic

Pyromanic

Yes; this is the new lcf, except it is on smogon and it is a section.
  10. Heysup

What's the ETA of HGSS items on shoddy?
  11. sbc

sbc

Stark Mountain is essentially somewhere to discuss the DPPt established metagame(s), whereas this is a project and is more geared towards the practicalities of expanding the Little Cup metagame.

Can someone also clarify the mechanics of Berry Juice. Does it activate automatically at 50% health?

This makes it sound more like a potion or something.
  12. kd24

kd24 lemme just whip my dick out and slam it on the table
    is a Pokemon Researcheris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

why did we change views on ditto glitch?
  13. Heysup

To my knowledge, I think their was evidence of another glitch in the game allowing any Pokemon to learn any move (or something stupid like that), meaning we had to get rid this branch of the glitch.

There is a post about it in the "japanese ditto glitch" thread, I think that's what it says though.
  14. supermarth64

supermarth64 Here I stand in the light of day
    is a Contributor Alumnus

From that 10 things thread:
    What ARE those 3 stall teams?
  15. v

v I'm on your six
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
    ULTRA Moderator

There are not literally three, it was a rough estimate lol. However, TAY notably used a good Stall Team, and Lileep was once used in SandStall. Semi-HailStall has been becoming more popular, but it is really more Bulky Offense+Collateral Damage than outright Stall.
  16. Seven Deadly Sins

Apparently Jibaku found a way to use Transform-gained moves in Wi-Fi battles. This means that Pokemon with Transform, Mimic, or Metronome can learn any move in the game, and then use them to battle. Since that's broken as fuck, tradebacks from Japanese DP are not being allowed.
  17. Heysup

They aren't really "stall" to be honest, they are Hail / Sandstorm with Protect spammers and semi-bulky Pokemon with oran berries.
  18. ayush is cool

ayush is cool

on Shoddy Battle, is there a separate server for these LC battles since i checked out the rating and LC was not there as a rating tier
  19. Altair

Altair just who is the coon?

We play LC on the CAP Server.
  20. ayush is cool

ayush is cool

21. afterburn

afterburn Villain of some untold story
    is a Team Rater Alumnus

Is there a strategy Pokedex for Little Cup?
  22. sbc

sbc

The CAP server is down now, but there is also a find tab on Smogon U server
  23. Matthew

Matthew I love weather; Sun for days
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

We're getting a ladder on the official Smogon server when Shoddy Battle 2 comes out (maybe even before)

We're working on the analysis right now, but the project is currently on hold due to the additions of HGSS moves and the new item Berry Juice.

For more information regarding analysis please see here
  24. eric the espeon

eric the espeon maybe I just misunderstood
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Adding to what Gen. said, there are also some more basic pre HG/SS analysis on the LCF that have not been posted on Smogon.
  25. Zowayix

Zowayix

How does one obtain the item Berry Juice?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)