1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Ask A Little Question, Get A Little Answer (Mark 1)

Discussion in 'Little Cup' started by Seven Deadly Sins, Sep 7, 2009.

1. dr00

dr00

as GoldenKnight said, not all of them are less than 508. that said, yes. for LC pokemon that don't need all 508, you have one IV from flawless per 4 EVs not used

additionally, stat's that require no EVs have some leeway as well. the total below flawless you can be is equaly to (80-x)/4, where x=EVs needed for the next point in that stat

for example, say you're EVing a sweeper, and its Def needs 36 EVs for the next point:
    (80-36)/4
    (44)/4

your Def IV must be 20 or higher. anything lower will require EVs to clear up the deficiency
  2. Joel

Joel

Hopefully this is the correct place for this question.

I'm looking for someone to tutor me as to how EVs should be placed on LC Pokes (in general, not indivdual Pokes).

PM/VM me if you want to help. If you are a Wi-fier, and decide to help, I'll throw in something a little extra for your time.
  3. Dubulous

Dubulous I look just like Buddy Holly.
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

All the information that you need to know can be found here.
  4. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1

Hey, i'm new to LC, and was wondering if there's any good movesets for a flawless Skorupi?
  5. Zari

Zari Xenobladeaholic
    is a Contributor Alumnus

Skorupi has a LC analysis here.
  6. StardustGD

StardustGD

What level do Little Cup pokemon have to be at? I'm confused..
  7. Fatecrashers

Fatecrashers acta est fabula
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

All Pokémon used must be at Level 5.

For more info see this article.
  8. iss

iss happily ever after
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Actually, Level 5 or below. You can have a Pokemon at levels 5, 4, 3, 2, or 1. Just clarifying Fatecrashers' post.
  9. Toon Abw

Toon Abw

Just getting to play competitive LC...

which pkmn are banned?

thx in advance...
  10. iss

iss happily ever after
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

11. Misdreavus

Misdreavus

I could have sworn that I read that all Pokémon in the Little Cup had to have been hatched from an egg, but I don't see this in the "Rules" section of the Little Cup guide... was this recently changed, or am I mistaken? Is this only a rule for the Little Cup colosseum in PBR?
  12. dr00

dr00

i'm pretty sure the rule was had to be hatchable from an egg, allowing wild-caught and event pokemon to be used.

i'm guessing they got rid of it altogether as i think every pokemon that evolves is hatchable from an egg
  13. Ginormous76

Ginormous76

I have a simple question. I'm new to Smogon, so maybe I just missed it. Is there somewhere to learn how to play Little Cup (at least as a starting place) other than the academy thing that runs every three weeks? After 12 years of pokemon, I'm admitting I need the academy thing for OU, but I would like to play around with LC on my own before a "formal" training.
  14. little gk

little gk <Birkal> I will quit everything I do on smogon
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

the easiest way to get started is by reading our guide, but you might also want to look at the defunct lcf from before our time at Smogon. Other solid resources would be our analysis index for 4th and 5th gen, our 4th gen threat list, and the 4th gen speed tiers.
  15. Ginormous76

Ginormous76

Thanks! I have one question that I am slightly confused on. Due to the third gen glitch, all level up moves are allowed if they would have been learned in third gen? The wording threw me a little.
  16. Crux

Crux i want it...

Yes. However, it really only applies to genderless Pokemon, like Porygon and Staryu, who couldn't get level up moves otherwise
  17. Ruscour

Ruscour

Where do people play Gen 5 LC mainly? On the PO server or on the Smogon server?
  18. Destiny Warrior

Destiny Warrior also known as Darkwing_Duck
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Pokemon Online.
  19. Darkamber8828

Darkamber8828

Both.
  20. JojoX3

JojoX3

I´m not sure if this kind of question is allowed in here, but anyways:

Is there a way to get fully EVed pokemon for Little Cup on the actual cartridge? On 4th gen specifically, meaning preferably without Pomeg glitch and AR?(I need them for PBR Little Cup colosseum, that´s why I wasn´t sure). I tried before, but they level up too fast.
  21. Nails

Nails EAST 2014
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

If I remember right, it involves a combination of pokerus, the power items that halve speed and give 4 evs per battle, and multiple mons with exp shares. I think with enough exp shares in your party along with pokerus + the item you get like 10 evs for 2-3 exp points.
  22. Darkamber8828

Darkamber8828

23. Rip

Rip

One question, my Pokemon in D/P got the alert from Nurse Joy that they got the PKRS. Where the hell is it, and what do I need to do? I haven't gotten it, and I've battled at least 30 wild pokemon. D:<
  24. Elevator Music

Elevator Music
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Site Staff Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

25. SiriusWing

SiriusWing

Hello, I'm currently developing a team consisting of Igglybuff, Diglett, Pichu, Bulbasaur, Munchlax, and Croagunk, I was wondering if anyone could give me any ideas on how to make this team work cohesively (substitutions are welcomed for Bulbasaur and Pikachu).

However, my real concern is the following:

I wish to use Perish Song with my Igglybuff and subsequently trap them with my Diglett's Arena trap ability. The idea is to set a screen (most likely Reflect), and make a Wish to bolster my Diglett once I switch. I'm concerned however, because after setting up, I don't want to end up switching in Diglett on the same turn as my opponent (this is assuming that he/she waits till the very last minute to do so). In addition, I also hoped to use Stealth Rock so that the next Pokemon replacing the fallen foe can be dealth some damage. Is any of this at all plausible? Like I said before, I'm still trying to figure out how to make this team work well. because I'm fairly unfamiliar with using them in this capacity.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)