1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

Ask A Little Question, Get A Little Answer (Mark 1)

Discussion in 'Little Cup' started by Seven Deadly Sins, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Trent

Trent

From main site :
  2. eric the espeon

eric the espeon maybe I just misunderstood
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Read the Little Cup Guide. The rules are explained there, if you are first stage and can evolve you are eligible for Little Cup.
  3. Flossy

Flossy

Both water and ice priority moves are physical and his defense is a major 105. I don't know it just seems a little weird with a UU Tier Gligar in the LC.

Rock polish also makes him super fast.
  4. Trent

Trent

True, but Ice Beam and Surf are both special, TM/HMs and likely more common on special sweepers like Staryu.

100th post :P
  5. Flossy

Flossy

Fair enough.
  6. Sledge

Sledge

Because of the generally greater damage output in LC, Ice Shard will be OHKOing Gligar most of the time, and Aqua Jet will be doing very sizable damage.

Also, use in other metagames isn't all that comprable to LC especially considering Wynaut is Uber and it's still allowed in LC matches.
  7. Lucalibur

Lucalibur

i would love to know what counters gligar(no sarcarm, he has being pissing me off lately).
  8. Towelie

Towelie

bronzor with hp ice. duskull with ice beam and wow can counter night slashless versions.
  9. Lucalibur

Lucalibur

humm....hard to fit those 2 on a team that like to keep the offense going, plus both the fact a +2 night slash ohko duskull and bronzor hp ice cant ohko gligar scare me a little, but i will try those 2 out anyway.
  10. eric the espeon

eric the espeon maybe I just misunderstood
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Mantyke slaughters non Stone Edge sets, as does Paras. Other Gligar with Aqua Tail are pretty great at beating SE/EQ variants which lack AT. Staryu is a nice check, especially scarfed, as are many other Waters.
  11. Ice-eyes

Ice-eyes Simper Fi

Basically, there are different counters for each set.
    Support and Rock Polish usually run Aqua Tail + Earthquake - fodder for Paras and Mantyke - or EdgeQuake, which is totally walled by Bronzor and Duskull as well as handled by Aqua Tail Gligar.
    Swords Dance generally runs the combination of above moves plus Quick Attack. It's easy enough to revenge and the above pokes still wall it.
    LO + 4 Attacks is handled by fast Oran Aqua Tail Gligar and revenge-killed easily.
    Scarf is easily predicted - Duskull and Bronzor are again the safest switch-ins.
  12. Towelie

Towelie

Actually Life Orb 4 Attacks only has one counter and that's Bronzong. I think everything in the game is 2hko'd by Earthquake/Stone Edge/Aqua Tail/Night Slash. So I really think Bronzong is the only 100 % Gligar counter in the game. And you say hp ice doesn't KO. It 2hko's it before it can do shit to you. It also sets up Rocks, can run Psychic to hit shit like Gastly, and can Earthquake Fire-types in the switch.
  13. Lucalibur

Lucalibur

thanks for the help. gligar has being a pain lately, giving the viable sets i might try bronzor though even him is not a 100% counter. for example a +0 aqua tail does not activate oran(my calcs might be wrong and if they are this means bronzor is ohkoed by a +2 aqua tail), so if bronzor switch into aqua tail from a SD gligar, the gligar SD when he hp ice and then aqua tail then gligar wins, but yeah this probably will never happen so ok i will try bronzor, thanks again.
  14. Sledge

Sledge

I'm not sure why this hasn't been mentioned yet, but as long as Gligar isn't using stone edge or aerial ace that turn Snover can switch in easily and KO with Ice Shard.
  15. Towelie

Towelie

Whyd you say Snover... I don't think anyone even mentioned it lol.
  16. Darkamber8828

Darkamber8828

Because it OHKOes Gligar with a Priority move and resists Gligar's main STAB?
  17. Mikeydo

Mikeydo

I dont know how complicated this question is but hor do u know what type of hidden power your pokemon uses. In the smogon movesets it says Hidden Power Ice/ Hidden Power Fire. Meaning you should choose one of those. How do u know which one ur gonna get if you teach ur pokemon hidden power? How can u choose?

Thanks to whoever quotes and replies
  18. Crux

Crux Resident Privilege Checker
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

19. Zacchaeus

Zacchaeus
    is a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Hidden Power's type and power is based on your Pokémon's IVs. The base power of the Hidden Power increases as your total IV amount increases, the maximum being 70, minimum being 30. The type is certain combinations of IVs, like the highest IVs a Pokémon can have for HP Ice would be 31-30-30-31-31-31, and Fire would be 31-30-31-30-31-30. A Pokémon's Hidden Power is set as soon as you get it, because the IVs are permanently set. In the DS games, there is always somebody who will tell you what Hidden Power type your Pokémon has, but they won't tell you the base power of it. I hope this helps some
  20. Mikeydo

Mikeydo

thanks alot man
  21. Mye

Mye

Hmmm...if I were to try and get started in lc, could someone help me w/ rules/team making? It seems like a good tier, seeing as OU/ubers is full of hacked pkmn....
  22. Human

Human

23. Led Zeppelin

Led Zeppelin

How do you EV Train these pokemon without them exceeding level 5? It seems that is a challenge in of itself.
  24. dr00

dr00

power items and fishing magikarp.

there are guides somewhere, but i'm not sure where it is on smogon. i wrote one here, though.
  25. Ice-eyes

Ice-eyes Simper Fi

Through the use of Power Items, battling low-yield wild pokes (like Magikarp) and sticking EXP Share on all your party to reduce the amount of experience given to your trained poke, coupled with vitamins, you can get any EV spread at level 5.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)