Ask a simple question, get a simple answer — Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am currently in the process of making a new team, and just added Hitmontop to it. I tried to give it the move Foresight...only to find that the move doesn't show up on the movelist. It's not that I can't select it; it's just flat out not there.

I tried selecting a different Pokemon then reselecting Hitmontop, and tried saving and closing the box then reopening it. Neither of these worked. Is there any known way to fix this?

what is "suspect" in shoddy?
Suspect is a process that uses playtesting of various Pokemon that are controversial in their tier placements. For example, in order to evaluate whether or not Garchomp was Uber or OU, it was tested in Suspect and then voted on by those who did the most extensive testing.

On my Shoddy Battle Welcome Window it shows no servers, normally I would just simply click the "refresh" button and all of them would appear. I do it and they don't appear; uninstalling it then renstalling it doesn't work either.

Does anyone ahve a solution?

I am currently in the process of making a new team, and just added Hitmontop to it. I tried to give it the move Foresight...only to find that the move doesn't show up on the movelist. It's not that I can't select it; it's just flat out not there.

I tried selecting a different Pokemon then reselecting Hitmontop, and tried saving and closing the box then reopening it. Neither of these worked. Is there any known way to fix this?
try doing it when you are not in any server (when you start shoddy go to teambuilder) there could be moveset changes in the server you were in. or this could just be an error.

Hi all ! I am new here and I'm French so sorry if my English is not perfect...

I have a simple question...:

Why "Natural gift" is not in the attack selection?

Because it's a very good attack and i was surprise when i didn't find it...

Thanks for your answer :)

That's because Hitmontop doesn't learn Foresight.

--------

Also, I was thinking about this question for a while. Will it be easier to make a server in Shoddy Battle 2?

I need to get a rotom-h on my diamond version. The two questions I have are:

Would trading a rotom-h from platinum to diamond change it back to the original form? If it won't, then if I try to breed rotom-h with a ditto, would the baby be rotom-h or the original form?

I need to get a rotom-h on my diamond version. The two questions I have are:
That's impossible. The Rotom forms only exist in Platinum--there's no data for them in Diamond or Pearl.

Would trading a rotom-h from platinum to diamond change it back to the original form?
It would change back to normal.

If it won't, then if I try to breed rotom-h with a ditto, would the baby be rotom-h or the original form?
Original. As soon as Rotom is put into the Daycare, it reverts to its normal form.

EDIT: I just noticed, Tyrogue needs to be tutored Foresight. So that's why Hitmontop can't learn it.
Why is that a problem? Tutor a Tyrogue, evolve it into Hitmontop.

And also, upon checking, the CAP server has Hitmontop learning Foresight; it's just the Smogon server that doesn't for some reason.

when i try to log into smogon shoddy battle because it keeps saying: "an error occured while attempting to connect to the server Conection timed out: connect"

so, i have a 2 questions
1: is there a way to fix it so it stops giving me an error message?
2: if not what are smogons host and port so i can log in manualy?

can't you just run this in the mysql command line interface:

Code:
use shoddybattle;
delete from users where name='username here';
EDIT: Didn't see second page, well this is directed at delta.

Is there anyway I can allow someone else to run the server from their computer as well, so if I turn my computer off, it will still work?

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Okay, I searched the 5 most recent pages of the forum and didn't see anything about the lag on shoddy that some users get (a user posted on this page regarding his with no replies). Is there any way to help with the lag I am experiencing? It is so bad that I cannot play shoddy as it takes me about 2 minutes to make a single move. My computer is not exactly fast by any means, but for everything else it is fairly quick, netbattle as well. Is there anything I can do to help the lag or do I have to suffer?

There has been some complaints about the randbat not working recently. When you challenge the opponent, it say's that the opponent has rejected it when they really accept, or the challenge screen simply closes by itself. The only way to fix this is users having to log out, then log back in, for the challenge to work. I have tested this and I found it to be true. Is this a bug?

the advance.metagame doesn't work (jirachi and deoxys bug), there is a way to use it? i tried to make a mod with a pokemon named "Jirachi1", but it doesn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)