Ask a simple question, get a simple answer (CAP Edition) - Mark II (READ THE OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The timeline for Create-a-Pokemon is set out here. After the current thread (Concept Assessment), we will decide the pokemon's type, which will probably take about a week; and then the art thread will launch alongside the stats thread.

The rules for the art thread are here: you don't need to register, but you should read the art thread's opening post very carefully.

Here are my tips for the art bit.

- post your concept early so you can benefit from feedback

- don't be afraid to post two or three ideas to begin with, but in the end you'll have to choose just one

- give us more than just your art: post the thinking and supporting material behind your design. The most enduring concepts create a character, not just a pokemon, which has a unique hook and story which we can identify with. The perfect example was the most recent pokemon, Voodoom.

- look at these!

In the Sprite Revamp thread, if I make a back sprite can I feel free to post the finished result or will I need to get some kind of permission first?

In the Sprite Revamp thread, if I make a back sprite can I feel free to post the finished result or will I need to get some kind of permission first?
You can post it in the sprite revamp thread, but afterwards it's up to the community (I believe) if it gets picked. Good luck and welcome to CAP.

I tried going on the server after a long time, but it just took me to the Smogon Uni server. Did the two servers combine or something?

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A long time ago, there was talk of an actual CAP videogame, i.e a romhack. Did anything ever come of that?

Will a Little Cup CAP (Little CaP?) ever be implemented?
There was never one intended for Gen IV, as the prevo's were never really designed. This may change in Gen V, with the prevo being designed and all, but I'm not quite sure.

Is it possible for unknown artists like me to get involved with CAP art development, or is it only admins / proven artists?

If it is possible, then I would love to get involved with 5th Gen CAP when it comes around!

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is it possible for unknown artists like me to get involved with CAP art development, or is it only admins / proven artists?

If it is possible, then I would love to get involved with 5th Gen CAP when it comes around!
Anyone can submit art for any CAP, thats the beauty of it. 5th Gen CAP has already started, though it is past the artwork stage, however, artwork for the pre-evo is still in progress, as are sprite submissions, if you're interested.

Hi. I'm new here, & I'd really like to get involved with the CAP project (but I think for now I'll just watch so that I can learn what to do).

I like to create pokemon, so I was just wondering; how do you make those pokemon sprites? Like do you use a specific software or do you just use Paint? Thanks.

Many people use Photoshop, but some others can achieve it with other illustration programs. You can learn a lot by googling Photoshop, though.

I'm interested in proposing a new move for the CAP metagame. Is there a thread where I can suggest the idea??
Not really. New moves are only added to a created Pokemon if their concept has a need for it. Out of 12 CaPs, only two were given new moves. This might help you get acquainted on the process.

There is a metagame/social group that had some support going for it a while ago called Create a Move, which can be seen here. I think they were more focused on giving already established moves to Pokemon, not making new ones though I could be completely wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)