Ask a Simple Question; Get a Simple Answer & General Resources (OU Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. when you usually breed a poke, you save, use 15-20 rare candies, see the stats, calculate the IVs and reset without saving.
2. soft reset is pressing start+select+L+R after you capture a legendary if you don't get the stats you want. It practically restarts the game, but it's faster than switch off/switch on
3. Don't know. None you know plays pokemon?
4. Just play the one you like most. They're all bad in competitive play and struggle with the first gym. Maybe Tepig.
aaaaah now i get it , thank you very much, it really helped me a lot and no noone i know plays pokemon :((( according to them its for babies..they are stupid ^^. once again ty!!

Blightbringer

Banned deucer.
A much easier and accessible method to accurately determine a low-leveled Pokemon's IVs is to use it in the Battle Subway, where all Pokemon will be automatically set to level 50.

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A much easier and accessible method to accurately determine a low-leveled Pokemon's IVs is to use it in the Battle Subway, where all Pokemon will be automatically set to level 50.
To add on to this, in the battle subway there is a NPC in the skin of an acetrainer- talk to him, and he'll tell you the stat with the highest IV's on your first pokemon of your team. It's fast, but not very reliable. Still, a Pretty good way to speed check.

What does "one on one" mean? Different Hidden Powers will give him better coverage against different things. You want to hit Gastrodon? Use Grass. Gyarados? Use Electric. There isn't any one Hidden Power that lets Keldeo beat everything one on one; he'll have trouble with something no matter what. It will help if you settle on five permanent teammates instead of switching around.
Like if it was JUST keldeo left and u had to still face the other team, what hidden power would give him coverage over more pokemon? I realize that he's going to get walled no matter what I do, but I want to pick a hidden power that will allow him to cover up more pokemon for more or less general coverage. I've finally decided to make dragonite and jirachi/bronzong(/forrwtress) be two of his partners at least. They have good synergy at least :P

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The most effective Keldeo set is Calm Mind with HP Ghost for coverage. It is your only way to hit Latias super effectively or even touch Jellicent. As a bonus it's the only way to hit Toxicroak neutrally while accomplishing these things. You can usually nab a few calm minds against Gastrodon and smack it with Secret Sword a few times. Toxic sucks but you will usually have enough boosts to kill it and take down something else. With Stealth Rock and rain, Surf is enough to wound Gyarados (it may outright KO with a boost but I dont have easy access to a computer.

okay this may be a dumb question but if the other form of thunderous is allowed in ou can i use thunderous? it seems unfair that if i play someone with black and white 2 they can uses a stronger version of somthing baned for me?

okay this may be a dumb question but if the other form of thunderous is allowed in ou can i use thunderous? it seems unfair that if i play someone with black and white 2 they can uses a stronger version of somthing baned for me?
No. Thundurus is still banned, and plays very differently from Thundurus-T anyways so they can't really be compared.

Xen

is a Community Leaderis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Wi-Fi Leader
wow thats dumb :/ and not really people are playing it as a more powerfull thundurus thats why i asked... doesnt make sence
Thundurus is more built around Prankster abuse really. It plays similar to Darkrai with that priority Thunder Wave and whatnot.

Thundurus is more built around Prankster abuse really. It plays similar to Darkrai with that priority Thunder Wave and whatnot.
Not really like Darkrai, but Prankster does have a lot to do with it getting banned.

wow thats dumb :/ and not really people are playing it as a more powerfull thundurus thats why i asked... doesnt make sence
Well no promises, but once the tier stabilizes Thundurus might get moved back down to OU, but that's in the distant future if it happens at all. Even then, he there would be lots of discussion on the matter, and he might get banned again a few months later. It's happened before though. However, I for one don't think there's many things more threatening and versatile than Thundurus would be in the current metagame.

Pokèmon with Dream World abilities happen to be available via Dream World or via event. Some of these pokes are not present in Dream World yet (for example Volcarona), while others can be caught (Dratini needs 10,000 points before you can try to find it in the Island of Dreams). In other cases (i.e. Infernape), some pokes got released, but only in male form. It's to be noted that only female pokes with DW abilities can pass it (with 30% chance) to eggs.
For this reason, some DW abilties are "fully released", some others are still banned while others have some constrictrions and can't learn Egg moves or pre-evo moves.
With BW2, a new area in DW got opened and many new pokes could be used with the dream world ability. These releases can worth nothing (like Light Metal Metang) or be game-breaking (Technician Breloom or Multiscale Dragonite).
Hope you understood.
Ah okay thankyou, that clears things up a lot :)

Can somebody suggest me an EV spread for AgilyGross (4th Gen) with Adamant nature? (of course not the standard one because then I would not ask for it) Something like more Bulky, I don't like it with Jolly but I am not that experienced with benchmarks :S

thanks in advance!

Can somebody suggest me an EV spread for AgilyGross (4th Gen) with Adamant nature? (of course not the standard one because then I would not ask for it) Something like more Bulky, I don't like it with Jolly but I am not that experienced with benchmarks :S

thanks in advance!
60 HP/252 Att/196 Spe is the best spread no matter the nature. If you use Jolly, the same spread outspeeds Scarf Flygon though, so it's worth consideration. Those are the recommended spreads for a reason; you don't really outspeed much more by adding Speed EVs, and increasing bulk defeats the purpose of using Agility at all because then he's too slow even after a boost.

If you REALLY want an alternate spread, 124 HP/252 Att/132 Spe with Adamant or 200 HP/252 Att/56 Spe with Jolly lets you outspeed ScarfTran, but I wouldn't recommend it.

I might sound noobish saying this, but how do you make a signature and an avatar? Thank you in advance.
click on your name, either in your post or at the top of your screen, then go to User CP, a little below the smogon crest(?) and you can do all of that.

Welcome to Smogon University.

Are the Legendary Musketeers in BW2 soft-resetable?
I'm not sure if the game generates their natures+IVs at the start of every battle or at the time they stop in their respective areas...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)