Ask a Simple Question; Get a Simple Answer & General Resources (OU Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This page claims using a recoil move against a Substitute wouldn't cause damage to the attacker (so if, say, Staraptor uses Double-Edge against something behind a Substitute, Staraptor wouldn't take any recoil damage). Is this true? Because in Showdown they *do* take recoil.
reposting this for the new page. anyone know the answer?

This page claims using a recoil move against a Substitute wouldn't cause damage to the attacker (so if, say, Staraptor uses Double-Edge against something behind a Substitute, Staraptor wouldn't take any recoil damage). Is this true? Because in Showdown they *do* take recoil.
Hmm, that is pretty interesting. I would say its a bug. If it still happens to you, than you can post about the problem here:

http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3469932

OK, quick one.

I'm planning on using a Ditto (31 IV's all over the place) to breed an army of (genetically superior super-soldiers/somewhat decent Pokémon).

If I get the Ditto from Pokécheck, is this frowned upon, or viewed as a necessary evil?

OK, quick one.

I'm planning on using a Ditto (31 IV's all over the place) to breed an army of (genetically superior super-soldiers/somewhat decent Pokémon).

If I get the Ditto from Pokécheck, is this frowned upon, or viewed as a necessary evil?
Most people don't mind legit hacks since that and RNGing are the only practical ways of getting wifi standard pokemon. So if you're only using the dittos to breed, I can't imagine anyone would have any problem with the offspring.

1. Does anyone know how to get the market in Black City to come back? I have tried asking people in White to come to my Black City but nobody wanted to come.

2. Does anyone know what caves have dust clouds with Water Stones?

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Most people don't mind legit hacks since that and RNGing are the only practical ways of getting wifi standard pokemon. So if you're only using the dittos to breed, I can't imagine anyone would have any problem with the offspring.
Using Pokécheck isn't a hack in any way, assuming the original Ditto was legit. Aside from the ribbon, It's exactly as if the original trainer had cloned it and traded it to you, and nobody that I know of has a problem with cloning.

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey all,
Does anyone know when Shadow Tag Chandelure and Gothitelle are going to be released?
Shadow Tag Gothitelle is due to be released August 9th using the serial codes from the BW2 Official Guidebook. Shadow Tag Chandelure as no release date as of yet.

Why do the B/W analyses suggest a Calm 4/252/252 spead for Blissey this generation instead of the Bold 252/252/4 of the last generation or Calm 252/252/4 of the VGC'12 analysis?

Nyktos

Custom Loser Title
Why do the B/W analyses suggest a Calm 4/252/252 spead for Blissey this generation instead of the Bold 252/252/4 of the last generation or Calm 252/252/4 of the VGC'12 analysis?
It runs a more specially defensive spread this generation because there are stronger special threats around to take hits from.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
From the analysis:
Although Calm with maximum investment in Special Defense EVs are optimal for Blissey's primary role of absorbing powerful special hits, a Bold nature can be utilized to augment Blissey's physical bulk. Maximum EV investment in HP and Defense with a Bold nature transforms Blissey into a better mixed wall, but her special defense does take a notable dip.
Special attackers in this metagame are a lot stronger, so Blissey needs more special bulk to do her job against them.

I don't understand why is Articuno so low on the tier system; I know Ice/Flying is terrible defensively, but wy neglect Pressure, amazing stats decent movepool, and much better attacking capabilities than most walls?

In general, are Ice Pokemon good?

Well, other Ice types of note are Abomasnow, Kyurem, and Froslass and Weavile in the lower tiers. But generally, Ice isn't a good type.

I don't understand why is Articuno so low on the tier system; I know Ice/Flying is terrible defensively, but wy neglect Pressure, amazing stats decent movepool, and much better attacking capabilities than most walls?

In general, are Ice Pokemon good?
People have addressed Ice types in general, but as for Articuno, its biggest problem is its terrible typing, like you mentioned. Ice is a horrible defensive typing for a Wall, as it only resists itself and has four weaknesses. Ice and Flying isn't a spectacular offensive combination either (not that it matters with Articuno's below average Special Attack). Throw in that horrible movepool and a killer 4x SR weakness, and you have an NU pokemon for sure. If you want a bulky special wall that can also attack, use Latias.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)