Ask a Simple Question; Get a Simple Answer & General Resources (OU Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Tornadus pretty much outclassed entirely by Tornadus-T?
Yes i think so. Tornadus-T is faster and has better bulk. Also, its ability negates the SR weakness. Although, tornadus can abuse prankster it is more manageable due to its lower speed than the therian. So, yes torny-t is better atm.

That being said Tornadus-I does have its niches. For instance it runs a better bulk up set due to priority bulk up and higher bass attack. And of course it does hit that much harder, making it that much harder to wall for defensive teams, even though it's easier to kill through other means. It can use tailwind better too. Still, for most purposes Tornadus-T is better.

A question about Fire Red/Leaf Green.

I went to the Nintendo Event in NY for the Aurora Ticket (Deoxys). I caught it in Leaf Green and that's all well and good. However, I'm trying to Mystery Gift it to my other games (Girlfriend's Leaf Green, Emerald, Ruby, etc.)

We both have Mystery Gift on all our games. We just don't know how to send the ticket over. Can someone possibly give us some advice on how to duplicate/give this ticket?

A question about Fire Red/Leaf Green.

I went to the Nintendo Event in NY for the Aurora Ticket (Deoxys). I caught it in Leaf Green and that's all well and good. However, I'm trying to Mystery Gift it to my other games (Girlfriend's Leaf Green, Emerald, Ruby, etc.)

We both have Mystery Gift on all our games. We just don't know how to send the ticket over. Can someone possibly give us some advice on how to duplicate/give this ticket?
Unfortunately, there is no way to share the AuroraTicket.

So my untested theorymon is a scarfed Terrakion with Sleep Talk, Close Combat, Stone Edge and X-Scissor. When you use ST, will it always chose the same move or is it different and will it still have the speed boost from the scarf?

I have a question about Red Card. Is it possible to phaze twice in one turn?

Like, say you use Roar. The opponent's move likely goes first, since your Roar has negative priority, activates your Red Card, phazes out to a new Pokemon. Then that new Pokemon gets phazed out by your Roar. If possible, this would make hazard teams much deadlier.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sleep talk will have the speed boost. If you wake up, you would still have to move, right? the phrase "terrakion is fast asleep" happens in place of a move, and will still happen before the opponent if you're faster.

So my untested theorymon is a scarfed Terrakion with Sleep Talk, Close Combat, Stone Edge and X-Scissor. When you use ST, will it always chose the same move or is it different and will it still have the speed boost from the scarf?
Yeh, you still have the speed boost, but you're locked in Sleep Talk. Every time you use Sleep Talk, even if you're choiced, ST will randomly choose one of the other three moves you have. But once you're awake, you're still locked in ST and become setup bait.

I have a question about Red Card. Is it possible to phaze twice in one turn?

Like, say you use Roar. The opponent's move likely goes first, since your Roar has negative priority, activates your Red Card, phazes out to a new Pokemon. Then that new Pokemon gets phazed out by your Roar. If possible, this would make hazard teams much deadlier.
You can, but Red Card is a one-time item, so once you phazed an enemy with Red Card, it's gone.

Can I RNG abuse a pokemon without using a computer program to find a seed? My laptop overheated yesterday and all I have is an iPod sadly (I'm posting this from it).

Can I RNG abuse a pokemon without using a computer program to find a seed? My laptop overheated yesterday and all I have is an iPod sadly (I'm posting this from it).
I suppose it is probably technically possible... if you enjoy writing out and digging through thousands of possibilities yourself and understand the math to do it.

Realistically, no there is no way. You'll have to wait because unless you have said program you're pretty much unable to do it.

voodoo pimp

marco pimp
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
3rd gen is doable with spreadsheets and a sufficiently precise stopwatch, so you can do that as long as your iPod can load spreadsheets. 4th and 5th are somewhat doable if you have someone else that can search for seeds for you, but it's going to be tough.

3rd gen is doable with spreadsheets and a sufficiently precise stopwatch, so you can do that as long as your iPod can load spreadsheets. 4th and 5th are somewhat doable if you have someone else that can search for seeds for you, but it's going to be tough.
I'm standing by my opinion that it's more trouble that it's worth. Wait until you get a new computer/fix the old one and then do it. Seriously, RNGing is annoying enough with RNG Reporter, let alone without it.

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
Hello, I have a question.

I was recently looking up the move Magic Room. All items lose effects and choice locked Pokemon aren't choice locked anymore. However, I was wondering if the choice item boosts would be removed as well. I think it would be, but the fact that the smogon description sets it apart just kind of confused me. If choice items kept their effects, but lost their ability to lock a pokemon into an attack, Goth might be able to make use of it on choice variants, and other things might actually be viable , but I am sure thats not the case. Wanted to ask anyways since I've never used Magic Room in my life and some moves (or abilities; like sheer force) only restrict part of the ability / move and was wondering if Magic Room nulled choice items or not. Thanks.

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I was recently looking up the move Magic Room. All items lose effects and choice locked Pokemon aren't choice locked anymore. However, I was wondering if the choice item boosts would be removed as well. I think it would be, but the fact that the smogon description sets it apart just kind of confused me. If choice items kept their effects, but lost their ability to lock a pokemon into an attack, Goth might be able to make use of it on choice variants, and other things might actually be viable , but I am sure thats not the case. Wanted to ask anyways since I've never used Magic Room in my life and some moves (or abilities; like sheer force) only restrict part of the ability / move and was wondering if Magic Room nulled choice items or not. Thanks.
according to bulbapedia all effects of the items disappear under magic room, so i assume that would mean that the boosts are removed as well

As you said in your post, all items lose their effects under Magic Room. The boost from a choice item is a effect that the item has. Therefore, under Magic Room a choice item doesn't boost you stats. Frankly the only real use I could maybe see for Magic Room (besides end game situations where you would rather have your Choiced mon switch moves than have the boost) is possibly running boosting moves on a Choiced mon so it could set up and then get the boost (assuming that you only get locked in to the first move you use after Magic Room expires).

Shurtugal

The Enterpriser.
is a Tiering Contributor
nope, after magic room ends, the pokemon is locked back into the move before magic room was activated. there isn't a strategy, unfortunately.

nope, after magic room ends, the pokemon is locked back into the move before magic room was activated. there isn't a strategy, unfortunately.
That's not what I was wondering about. I was wondering if you could come in while Magic Room was active, use a boosting move, and then use an attack after Magic Room expired. I acknowledge there's a good (probably much more than 50%) chance it doesn't work that way, but I haven't ever seen anyone or any site explicitly state it doesn't.

I suppose it is probably technically possible... if you enjoy writing out and digging through thousands of possibilities yourself and understand the math to do it.

Realistically, no there is no way. You'll have to wait because unless you have said program you're pretty much unable to do it.
Ok thanks , I'll just wait until I get another laptop to RNG abuse :)

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In regards to its sets? I'd say its most common set looks something like this:
Thundurus-T @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid / Naive
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
-Thunder(bolt)
-Focus Blast
-Hidden Power Ice
-Volt Switch / U-turn

But you can easily run Nasty Plot or Agility with Life Orb / Expert Belt and play fun switching games with your opponent. I may be wrong and I'm on my phone so calcs are tedious, but i remember 2HKOing Blissey with Focus Blast, on the switch, UNBOOSTED Modest with Life Orb.

The thing is with Thundurus-T, if you're switching into it, you risk losing a Pokemon altogether should it chose to, say, use Focus Blast while you send in your Ferro or Mamoswine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)