Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
How did you do the pal park trick again? For some reason i had to wait 24hours even thought i haven't transfered them yet(DS clock was "altered" or something, no i don't use AR)

What is the EV spread for

Qwilfish @ Focus Sash
Adamant - Swift Swim
Rain Dance
Flail
Waterfall
Explosion/Sword Dance

I doubt it needs max speed because of swift swim, but I don't know how many Speed EVs it need to outspeed stuff.

How did you do the pal park trick again? For some reason i had to wait 24hours even thought i haven't transfered them yet(DS clock was "altered" or something, no i don't use AR)
I would also like to know this.

Pal Park Trick: Insert a GBA game, transfer. Change clock 24+ hours. Insert any GBA game, clock resets. Insert another GBA game, transfer. Rinse and Repeat.

About the Emerald IV guy, if he mentions that a stat is 'flawless a thing of perfection' does that mean the IV is a 31? Also he commented about it being impressive in it's ability whatever that means...

I have a tough question, one that probably belongs in the research thread. Does Haze wipe out BrightPowder's +1 contribution to evasion?

question:what pokemon should i use in a smart contests and what moves me and my friend are becoming cordinaters since i beat the game.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
question:what pokemon should i use in a smart contests and what moves me and my friend are becoming cordinaters since i beat the game.
You need to answer the first question before the second, I believe. What I used was my Ribbon whore Spiritomb. But, if you want an ace contest Pokemon, go Smeargle. Basically, any two of: Attack Order / Dragon Pulse / Brine. Don't even need a third or fourth attack, I think, with those first two, but you have to look out for things that keep voltage for rising, which is why Shadow Ball / Faint Attack makes a good backup, as does Ingrain. Close Combat / Luster Purge / Mist Ball / Shadow Force can add insult to injury. Earth Power can also help often, seeing as you'll likely go last.

Probably Gengar, which outspeeds even Jolly Jask iirc with Scarf.

Not exactly Pokemon-related, but whatever happened to the search function for the forums?

Probably Gengar, which outspeeds even Jolly Jask iirc with Scarf.

Not exactly Pokemon-related, but whatever happened to the search function for the forums?
Lol, exactly what I need an EV spread for. I guess I'll make the spread to outspeed addy max speed ScarfChomp. *Is currently breeding for HP Ice Exploding ScarfGars*

I'm assuming it was taken down during the construction of the site, and hasn't been put back up yet. I'm not really the one to answer it though, but that's my guess. lol

Xilaa: draydol (or fat bastard, depending on who you want to offend)

Nachos: flawless means 31 from the emerald guy, and when he talks about the ability, its your pokes ivs as a whole

all i got

Lol, exactly what I need an EV spread for. I guess I'll make the spread to outspeed addy max speed ScarfChomp. *Is currently breeding for HP Ice Exploding ScarfGars*

I'm assuming it was taken down during the construction of the site, and hasn't been put back up yet. I'm not really the one to answer it though, but that's my guess. lol
Well, according to my calculations, Gengar needs to hit about 308 Speed I think in order to outspeed Jolly Ninjask with Choice Scarf. So about 208 EVs in speed for a neutral speed nature or 96 EVs in a +Speed Nature will get you there.

If Deoxys-E does indeed come into OU, then you'll have a bit of a problem; neutral nature will not outspeed him with Scarf at all, and you'll need 204 Speed EVs with a +Speed nature in order to hit 505 to outspeed Timid max speed Deoxys.

And of course, if you're just worried about Addy ScarfChomp, just make sure Gengar hits at least 304 Speed for guaranteed outspeeding with Scarf, since Garchomp hits 303 max with Adamant. Though you may as well go ahead and just invest the extra few EVs into Speed to outspeed Ninjask while you're at it.

Well, according to my calculations, Gengar needs to hit about 308 Speed I think in order to outspeed Jolly Ninjask with Choice Scarf. So about 208 EVs in speed for a neutral speed nature or 96 EVs in a +Speed Nature will get you there.

If Deoxys-E does indeed come into OU, then you'll have a bit of a problem; neutral nature will not outspeed him with Scarf at all, and you'll need 204 Speed EVs with a +Speed nature in order to hit 505 to outspeed Timid max speed Deoxys.

And of course, if you're just worried about Addy ScarfChomp, just make sure Gengar hits at least 304 Speed for guaranteed outspeeding with Scarf, since Garchomp hits 303 max with Adamant. Though you may as well go ahead and just invest the extra few EVs into Speed to outspeed Ninjask while you're at it.
I was planning on making the spread myself, but this works. :P *Copies down in Word*

Deoxys-E would be a problem, but it the buzz seems to be all about Garchomp now. Next thing we know Tyranitar will be uber. >_> Most people don't even run max speed with a + nature anyways. It's fast enough to outspeed nearly everything in the metagame already, so it's usually more of an attack based spread.

Ninjask will likely be protecting the first turn anyways, so I don't see any reason to invest some EVs only to be wasted if Ninjask is running Protect.

So I believe it's 192 EVs in speed with neutral nature and 31 IVs in speed to outspeed addy ScarfChomp? Oh well, I'll confirm that at an earlier time of day when I'm not half asleep.

does pokesav cloning turn your pokes illegit
they will fail a hack test apparently
but on the other hand, if it was legit at first, you may be able to argue the point...
...i would consider it no more hacked than ar clones
or just choose a differend method of cloning...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)