Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
But you'd think each individual species would have their own learnset. After all, you don't see Close Combat as an option for Gardevoir.

colin has simply not implemented illegal mses yet, since hed have to hardcode them all individually as shoddy doesnt keep track of what evolves into what.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Ralts/Kirlia could learn Wish last generation via Box/NYPC. Assuming one of these were male, they could very easily evolve into a Gallade that knows Wish.

Hello again guys. I have completed chain breeding to get my BellyZard.

Here are Charmander’s IV's:

HP: 28
Att: 31
Def: 25
S. A: 23
S. D: 31
Speed: 28

The question that I have is, should I now take 8 EV’s away from Charizard’s Attack (4) and Defense (4) and give them to his HP to make his HP 296 at level 100? If I remember correctly, 4 Ev’s is equal to 1 stat increase, correct?

So, his EV’s would look like this:

8 HP
248 Attack
252 Speed

Am I finally good to go now?

Which pokemon in XD are worth going through the game for?

EDIT: and how would I go about checking their IVs/natures if they are shadow pokemon?

EDIT: and how would I go about checking their IVs/natures if they are shadow pokemon?
Modest/Calm/Bold/Timid Serene Grace Tri-Attack Togepi

Careful/Adamant/Jolly Heal Bell Dragonite

There are others but those are the most wanted.

I believe you can check them on an IV Calculator.

I have a question regarding Clauses.

What is the point of the species clause, and why is it one of the 'standard clauses'?

I mean, I'm new at competitive battling, but aside from, say when you are allowed more than one of an Uber, surely its disadvantageous to have 2 of the same species on your team? Because then if your opponent has a counter to it then you have 2 pokemon screwed over?

Thanks

Anyone think a Bold Nidoqueen would work?? It's a big stretch considering the analysis calls for Adamant alone, but it could happen. Or could it? Wondering because I bred a really good one. {28/X/31/31/31/31}

Toothache

Let the music play!
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Nidoqueen's bulkier than her male counterpart, so I don't see why Bold wouldn't work for a special-based bulky one.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus

1. Here.

2. Two methods.
A. (Fast Method): Insert desired nature (and stick with the nature) and level of snag here, put in stats after snag, EVs zero, of course. If returned stats < desired stats, reset ( You did save before the battle, right? :X )
B. (Slow Method): Stock up on scents, use scents on Pokemon after battle until > 40% purified (i.e. Shadow bar is at < 60%). Enter nature on any IV checker, and check like any other legendary, except you can't level up until total purification.

Hi, I'm new here so I have some questions.

1. Where do I go to get stuff hack checked?

2. Are there ever like fanevent giveaways here or anything?(something we did at gamefaqs)

3. Are there member ranking?(post influenced)

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
welcome to smogon! to answer your questions:

1. there is a hack checking thread in this forum somewhere...
here's the link, however mr. goodbar isnt checking atm.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33767
2.yes, from time to time generous members give away pokemon and sometimes even make them redistributable. sometimes there is a contest involved though.

3. there are badges, but that has nothing to do with post count.

welcome to smogon! to answer your questions:

1. there is a hack checking thread in this forum somewhere...
here's the link, however mr. goodbar isnt checking atm.
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33767
2.yes, from time to time generous members give away pokemon and sometimes even make them redistributable. sometimes there is a contest involved though.

3. there are badges, but that has nothing to do with post count.
Hack checking thread was closed for a couple of days now just so you know.

So should I make a topic requesting a hack check?(I kind of need something checked)
Do that or I guess you could pm the said hack checker.

Guys, what do you think of this 'Nape counter I thought of:

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Sub
Surf
EQ
Protect
252 HP/252 Def/4 Spd
Bold Nature

Some damage calcs:

Flare Blitz
Damage: 28.48% - 33.44%

T-Punch
Damage: 23.84% - 28.17%

Close Combat

Stone Edge
Damage: 63.47% - 74.61%

What's the fastest way to raise a pokémon's happiness on FireRed?
*im stuck here since my brother is using my gamecube*

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Soothe Bell (Itemfinder where Mr. Fuji was) + Vitamins. Only problem is a lack of EV-minus berries. Battling to level up... Bicycling down that path west of Celadon...

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Sub
Surf
EQ
Protect
252 HP/252 Def/4 Spd
Bold Nature

Some damage calcs:

Flare Blitz

T-Punch

Close Combat

Stone Edge
I imagine this would work. I use DD Dragonite as a Mixape counter (which doesn't have stone edge) and Earthquake it, but Stone Edge weakness as well as Stealth Rock would hurt this.

If you use Metronome, can it ever use attacks like Judgement or Dark Void before you have access to the unreleased legends?

Does the Ditto trick where Ditto can learn any move work in D/P?

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Sub
Surf
EQ
Protect
252 HP/252 Def/4 Spd
Bold Nature

Some damage calcs:

Flare Blitz

T-Punch

Close Combat

Stone Edge
I'd recommend switching out Surf for Aqua Tail, so you can put more of an emphasis on Physical Attacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)