Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning,

Question about Attack/Defense and math calculations is there a Link to where I can learn this? or simple formula?

Much Thanks Ricky

and Ew on April fool joke -_-

I have a Metagross bred in Emerald, planning to use it in Diamond Battle Tower as Choice Bander. So far, my breeds came to 31 Atk and Def (possible 30 HP), Adamant, and I was/still am hoping for a better speed, because the parent Beldum has 31 speed.

Then again, is the flawless speed a necessity on a Metagross? Can I just leave it as it is (looks like one around 10-16 on this particular one) withut any worries?

I ain't really motivated to go on with the long annoying breeding, because my Dittos are still far from perfect in Emerald...

I dont understand how some people can use, for example, SD in Infernape, Nastyplot in Porygon z or SD in Lucario, because many pokemons can OHKO these pokemon (Lucario, Nape...)

What are the kind of tactics that I can apply for a succed use of Nasty, SD....?

(sorry my bad English)

The idea is to switch in on something that can't stay in on it (ie switch Infernape in on Blissey), which forces them to either switch out or risk being OHKO'd. Them switching to a counter gives you a free turn to stat up.

I'll admit that my brain was switched off when I posed my question, but how many people are genuinely enjoying this joke? It got old real fast for me...

I've found that you can't synch legends in Emerald - why? And is there any way ot fix this? I keep hearing how people SR for regis or w/e, but how? Without Sychers, it's really hard :/

In my team, i have some problems with Blissey and Gengar

What is the best pokemon to counter these guys?

Thanks ;)

Does Smogon frown uppon use of the Fast Generate Egg code? And does it alter the pokemon's hex, so that the pokemon will show up as hacked on tests?

Everstone

Now 100% reliable
is a Contributor Alumnus
In my team, i have some problems with Blissey and Gengar

What is the best pokemon to counter these guys?

Thanks ;)
How about CounterBlissey for Blissey?
Counter back Seismic Tosses for 200 damage and live. Toxic to make sure she regrets staying in.

As for Gengar, well, you can't counter it, unless you use Foresight that is :naughty:

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Why did the thread title change from simple to stupid?

Does Smogon frown uppon use of the Fast Generate Egg code? And does it alter the pokemon's hex, so that the pokemon will show up as hacked on tests?
Honestly, that is debatable. Others accept it, some doesn't. It's mainly because Smogon doesn't have a clear definition of hacking

I recently joined the chat on smogon. I exited out, and when i try to rejoin, it says my nicknames have been taken already. Its eddym310 or cubo, which i doubt someone has both of those >_>

Trying to use a decent Mamoswine with Blizzard with no recoil etc. Looked through the search function for about 30 minutes and none of the Mamoswine discussions had anything on neutral attack natures.

Mamoswine@Nevermeltice (for the fake choice suprise)
Lonely/Hasty not sure which would be better
Ev's Lonely 220 Atk 58 SpA 232 Spd
Ev's Hasty 252 Atk 118 SpA 140 Spd
The EV's for Atk and SpA are pretty bad fixing would be appreciated. Could probably add some into HP if I knew what was needed to kill skarm etc.
Moves:
Blizzard
Ice Shard
EarthQuake
Stone Edge

Good?

How about CounterBlissey for Blissey?
Counter back Seismic Tosses for 200 damage and live. Toxic to make sure she regrets staying in.

As for Gengar, well, you can't counter it, unless you use Foresight that is :naughty:
What the hell?
1. Counter does not work on Seismic Toss.
2. You completely misinterpreted the question. He didn't mean the move "Counter," obviously.

Now for the answers:
Bulky self-healing Calm-Minder or Bulky Toxicer to counter Blissey. I don't consider fighting types real counters because they can easily be rendered useless by Thunder Wave.

Gengar is hard to counter completely, but Blissey can counter most versions.

What the hell?
1. Counter does not work on Seismic Toss.
2. You completely misinterpreted the question. He didn't mean the move "Counter," obviously.

Now for the answers:
Bulky self-healing Calm-Minder or Bulky Toxicer to counter Blissey. I don't consider fighting types real counters because they can easily be rendered useless by Thunder Wave.

Gengar is hard to counter completely, but Blissey can counter most versions.
It's true, sarcasm doesn't work over the internet.
Toxic is a bad counter. Blissey has Natural Cure and maybe Aromatherapy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)