Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
AR. Almost everybody who have access to it use it on this forums. They can rebattle legendaries, get semi-legit pokemon, breed so easily, with the pokemon still coming up as legit. People who don't have access to AR, unfortunately, can't enjoy this 'ease'. Another thing that's common (not on these forums) is the use of ROMs. People can easily do whatever they want, then just save the file and copy it to an AR, where you then copy it to your real life DS, and then enjoy. But can't people use that way for getting legit pokemon?

Suppose I have both a real life diamond game and an emulator with the game, but I don't have a real life AR. I use AR codes on the emulator and play just as if I have a real AR. I go through the game, battle legends, and catch them 'legally', breed, clone, re-battle legends, and all stuff but in a legit way. After I SR for some good legit legends on the emulator, I save the file, and then transfer it via e-mail/internet/whatever to people who have access to real life ARs. After that, the guy loads the save file and then trade the pokemon(s) back to the owner of the save file (me, in this fictional 'imaginatio'). After that, I have the pokemon legit with me, where I can trade them to people on wi-fi, in real life.

Is all that possible? Are pokemon obtained via ROMs really legit? Can't people without ARs use this way to be like 'other players'? Please tell me what you think. Although it looks really troubling, if people can work out deals, it can make some peoples lives 'easier'.
Thanks for your time.

EDIT: @da big blast: I have no idea where you can get it, cause I don't have an AR. Sorry for that. You can just pm/post in threads of people who use the codes. That might work.
I wouldn't use emulators to play DS ROMs because last time I checked the emulation wasn't perfect and in some cases the games were completely unplayable. Besides using ROMs of games is illegal and I don't think it should be discused here, nobody can stop you from downloading ROMs of games you don't own but it is still considered piracy and I'm pretty sure that's against the rules.
My advice would be to get a flashcart and save you all that work in trying to get a "legit" pokemon from a ROM or just breed and catch pokemon normally if you don't have access to those external devices.

Edit: I almost forgot read this announcement because now it is against the rules to try to get people to tell you what is "legit" and what is not.

Malfunction

nice desu ne
What I said also applies to gameboy emulators. Playing ROMs is illegal when you play them without having the game in real life. I'm discussing this with the fact that people have the real games. Also, about the announcement, I think it tells you about pokemon that can't be proven legit/hacks, such as wondercards. Also, if pokemon from ROMs are hacked, they will easily appear hacked on any hack test, such as a standard pAC test. What I want to know is 'does ROMs generate the pokemon differently from the games?'.

I've been gone for a week so I missed the voting and the pokedex is down. Please tell me wobb was banned from OU...
The current tally of voting is 45 Uber / 5 Non Uber so it seems a forgone conclusion that Wob will be banned.

lol, awesome. I don't really think Deoxys-E is overcentralizing like Wobb or Chomp so how is that going? I'm assuming it's slightly more even with a slight majority on the ubers side?

lol, awesome. I don't really think Deoxys-E is overcentralizing like Wobb or Chomp so how is that going? I'm assuming it's slightly more even with a slight majority on the ubers side?
40 Uber / 47 Non Uber although since the judging of invalid votes is pretty subjective it could go either way.

Look at Jump's thread in Policy Review for the progress of the counting.

Besides using ROMs of games is illegal and I don't think it should be discused here, nobody can stop you from downloading ROMs of games you don't own but it is still considered piracy and I'm pretty sure that's against the rules.
Thank God you don't decide what's discussed here then...

As one of the biggest supporters of emulation here I have to say that,
a) if you follow my guide the emulation is perfect except for a few graphical glitches.
b) Pokemon caught on an emu are as legal as those caught anywhere else as the game environment is identical to the carts and it's just as difficult to catch decent pokemon.

Rant over... sorry for the double post I just felt I had to respond to this guy.

does ROMs generate the pokemon differently from the games?
No, as said above.

I glitched my game beyond fixing. One of my party slots is permanently filled by '?'

Should I trade my 2 teams to my friend and then reset this game. Or: buy a new Diamond at gamestop, trade over 4 boxes of EV trained and then reset this game and sell it to gamestop. Option 2 costs money and takes longer...

EDIT: and when people talk about hack-checks, what's pAC?

Supe

would you suck the poison out
Can anyone direct me to the defenses calculator that helps in making EV spreads? I tried the search feature but I don't even remember what the name of the calculator is!

here is a question for you advanced breeders
1. i have a female mild houndour with reversal and counter, and wish to breed with lucario.
will i keep reversal and counter on my houndour or will any of lucarios move carry (iron defence, blaze kick, cross chop, crunch)

here is a question for you advanced breeders
1. i have a female mild houndour with reversal and counter, and wish to breed with lucario.
will i keep reversal and counter on my houndour or will any of lucarios move carry (iron defence, blaze kick, cross chop, crunch)
The male Pokemon determine the egg moves while the female determines the species. In your example, you will get Houndours that won't get Reversal and Counter unless Lucario knows them. It will probably get Crunch but I don't think Houndour learns Iron Defense, Blaze Kick, or Cross Chop.

No... I meant if Cherrim could be used having the move sunny day without it benefitting the rest of the team... Like a Rain-rest Phione when rain won't help anybody, but Phione itself.

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
No... I meant if Cherrim could be used having the move sunny day without it benefitting the rest of the team... Like a Rain-rest Phione when rain won't help anybody, but Phione itself.
You asked a question earlier about Gorebyss, which I answered, no? Phione supports Gorebyss's Swift Swim...

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Then it's not worth it, waste of a move-slot, waste of a team member. Why not have the rest of the team support it? In UU, weather teams are pretty powerful.

I glitched my game beyond fixing. One of my party slots is permanently filled by '?'

Should I trade my 2 teams to my friend and then reset this game. Or: buy a new Diamond at gamestop, trade over 4 boxes of EV trained and then reset this game and sell it to gamestop. Option 2 costs money and takes longer...

EDIT: and when people talk about hack-checks, what's pAC?
^Unresponded to^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)