Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syberia

[custom user title]
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Elite four with a strong pokemon to just kill everything and exp. share attached to whatever you want to train. It'll also get you free money.

Everstone

Now 100% reliable
is a Contributor Alumnus
There's a trainer in the sandstorm with a Chansey. Gives an assload of exp upon defeat. Also has an Ambipom and Rapidash I believe.

well i'm not sure but judging from a HP calculator seems to me that the number of spread is evenly distributed between the types.
Well, if you look at the definition of the Hidden Power formula...

http://www.serebii.net/games/hidden-power.shtml

then you can see that the hidden power type index is determined by...

(0 through 63) * 15 / 63

Assuming that you floor your final value, that should immediately let you know that Dark, at least, can only appear once (and that's when the left-most value is 63... IE all of the IVs are odd.)

I know this is a somewhat unconventional way to show the HP type spread, but I'm going to use my program which was meant to be used another way (it's just immediately available for performing a mediocre calculation on multiple values and displaying a result.) Please ignore the ID and Name columns... "num" and "hptf" are supposed to show the "0 to 63" number and the resulting HP type, respectively:

Code:
 /Users/ekraft/pokemon > pokesearch "id<65" -c "num:id-1" -c "hptxt:{fighting,flying,poison,ground,rock,bug,ghost,steel,fire,water,grass,electric,psychic,ice,dragon,dark}" -c "hpt:floor(num * 15 / 63)" -c "hptf:hptxt[hpt]" -d num,hptf
id | name           | num | hptf    
------------------------------------
1  | Bulbasaur      | 0   | fighting
2  | Ivysaur        | 1   | fighting
3  | Venusaur       | 2   | fighting
4  | Charmander     | 3   | fighting
5  | Charmeleon     | 4   | fighting
6  | Charizard      | 5   | flying  
7  | Squirtle       | 6   | flying  
8  | Wartortle      | 7   | flying  
9  | Blastoise      | 8   | flying  
10 | Caterpie       | 9   | poison  
11 | Metapod        | 10  | poison  
12 | Butterfree     | 11  | poison  
13 | Weedle         | 12  | poison  
14 | Kakuna         | 13  | ground  
15 | Beedrill       | 14  | ground  
16 | Pidgey         | 15  | ground  
17 | Pidgeotto      | 16  | ground  
18 | Pidgeot        | 17  | rock    
19 | Rattata        | 18  | rock    
20 | Raticate       | 19  | rock    
21 | Spearow        | 20  | rock    
22 | Fearow         | 21  | bug     
23 | Ekans          | 22  | bug     
24 | Arbok          | 23  | bug     
25 | Pikachu        | 24  | bug     
26 | Raichu         | 25  | bug     
27 | Sandshrew      | 26  | ghost   
28 | Sandslash      | 27  | ghost   
29 | Nidoran Female | 28  | ghost   
30 | Nidorina       | 29  | ghost   
31 | Nidoqueen      | 30  | steel   
32 | Nidoran Male   | 31  | steel   
33 | Nidorino       | 32  | steel   
34 | Nidoking       | 33  | steel   
35 | Clefairy       | 34  | fire    
36 | Clefable       | 35  | fire    
37 | Vulpix         | 36  | fire    
38 | Ninetales      | 37  | fire    
39 | Jigglypuff     | 38  | water   
40 | Wigglytuff     | 39  | water   
41 | Zubat          | 40  | water   
42 | Golbat         | 41  | water   
43 | Oddish         | 42  | grass   
44 | Gloom          | 43  | grass   
45 | Vileplume      | 44  | grass   
46 | Paras          | 45  | grass   
47 | Parasect       | 46  | grass   
48 | Venonat        | 47  | electric
49 | Venomoth       | 48  | electric
50 | Diglett        | 49  | electric
51 | Dugtrio        | 50  | electric
52 | Meowth         | 51  | psychic 
53 | Persian        | 52  | psychic 
54 | Psyduck        | 53  | psychic 
55 | Golduck        | 54  | psychic 
56 | Mankey         | 55  | ice     
57 | Primeape       | 56  | ice     
58 | Growlithe      | 57  | ice     
59 | Arcanine       | 58  | ice     
60 | Poliwag        | 59  | dragon  
61 | Poliwhirl      | 60  | dragon  
62 | Poliwrath      | 61  | dragon  
63 | Abra           | 62  | dragon  
64 | Kadabra        | 63  | dark
As you can see, dark only shows up once, many types only show up four times, but grass, bug, and fighting show up five times each.

Is there an easy way of moveing pokes from one game cart, to another, bareing individual tradeing?

My old pearl cart is acting up [occationaly not appearing as in ds, ect], and I got a praticaly new Diamond cart for dirt cheep, so I wanted to see what options I had beyond borrowing another ds for a while and moveing them.

I know PBR just makes an image of the game file, and I know pkmn ranch can only send to the cart they were from...Which, is total bull by the way.

thank you
Another place (for variety) is that area to the west/left of Sunyshore. All the way to the left is Rich Kid with a Luxio. To the lower-right of him, the first fisherman, he has 2 Lv. 53 Gyarados that give out a lot of experience as well.

Just a little bit up from that area on the ledge is a Beauty with a Lopunny too that gives out decent experience but it's just one Pokemon.

Personally, I've always liked the Psychics south of Veilstone, one has a Haunter, Misdreavus, and Kadabra; the other is a guy and has Haunter and Kadabra. They're around Lv. 40 so if you have any Pokemon around that level, it's the place to go because you get a lot of decent exp. per pokemon and that's a decent handful of Pokemon.

=)

Is the nature of cresselia determined when you first meet it at Full Moon Island? If so, does it mean that if i encounter it with a bold synchroniser there will be a high chance of it being bold?

Aw crap...was planning to use the rebattle code to possibly get a decent cresselia for myself, seeing that the first one i caught was jolly with flawless attack -_-

I'm trying to understand just how Counter/Mirror Coat/Metal Burst work.

The descriptions on this site state that its power is based on the damage the user received beforehand, but I've heard that it works better when the user also has high HP.

Since damage can amount to way more than a victim's HP (over 100% damage), does high HP just mean that the Counterer/Coater/Burster survives to hit back?

Just a quick question about how everstone breeding works.

If I have a Female, Bold Eevee holding an everstone and I breed it with a Bold Ditto holding an everstone, does that increase the % of the babies being bold to 75%?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)