Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would a Porygon-Z work better with Agility or Nasty Plot? I've been advised to use both before, but that seems...off, for some reason.

(EDIT IF IT HELPS)
My current set is
Porygon-Z @ Wise Glasses
Modest
Adaptability
252 SpAtk/252 Spd/6 HP
-Tri Attack
-Dark Pulse
-Ice Beam
-Agility

Alright i got a Modest Speed Deoxys. I want it to learn:

Psychic
T-Bolt
Ice Beam
Calm Mind

I was just wondering where to put some of the ev's. So far i got
252SpA/36Spe/ and i was wondering where to put the other 220. I was just going to put it in HP/DeF so that my calm minds would boost up my SpD but i just wanted some opinions first. And i want to keep the 36Spe to outrun Choice Scarf Heracross.

Alright i got a Modest Speed Deoxys. I want it to learn:

Psychic
T-Bolt
Ice Beam
Calm Mind

I was just wondering where to put some of the ev's. So far i got
252SpA/36Spe/ and i was wondering where to put the other 220. I was just going to put it in HP/DeF so that my calm minds would boost up my SpD but i just wanted some opinions first. And i want to keep the 36Spe to outrun Choice Scarf Heracross.
Just put them into HP since Deoxys has pitiful base HP. You can use this if you ever have another question like this.

Would a Porygon-Z work better with Agility or Nasty Plot? I've been advised to use both before, but that seems...off, for some reason.

(EDIT IF IT HELPS)
My current set is
Porygon-Z @ Wise Glasses
Modest
Adaptability
42 HP / 252 Satk / 28 SpD / 188 Spe
-Tri Attack
-Dark Pulse
-Ice Beam
-Agility

Agility Porygon-Z works best if you don't bother maxing it's speed... then you can put a little bit of it into HP or defenses. 263 speed should be enough (188 EVs) so that when it doubles, you outrun Timid Scarfgar. 253 speed (148 EVs) to outrun Timid Deoxys-S, 230 speed (56 EVs) outruns Scarfchomp and Scarf-Z.

Obviously, the goal is to remove Blissey first and then rip stuff up, but Tyranitar may cause problems, so I would remove Dark Pulse for HP Fighting, and add 4 speed EVs to make up for the lesser IVs.

If you want to use Nasty Plot, I always recommend it in tandem with Substitute. I'll have to look, but I made an EV spread that had a substitute that could survive Cress's Ice Beams all the time, and it could survive Blissey's occasionally, allowing you to Nasty Plot in it's face. You Nasty Plot, they switch-in Bliss, you Sub as they thunderwave, you Nasty Plot again as they break the sub. Then the mind-games begin. Depending on your opponent, you either Tri Attack (2HKO), or Sub again. If you are smart, you will end up killing Blissey and still have a Substitute. You'll probably want to use Salac Berry as an item, because a +4 +1 Porygon-Z WILL sweep their team, however, I would practice with a Lum Berry first until you get a feel of the set.

The EVs for this set are 8 HP / 210 Satk / 40 SpD / 252 Spe

Can you only get Seismic Toss onto a Regice via Emerald Move Tutor? I checked Serebii and there was nothing there, so I'm not even sure it can learn it at all.

Agility Porygon-Z works best if you don't bother maxing it's speed... then you can put a little bit of it into HP or defenses. 263 speed should be enough (188 EVs) so that when it doubles, you outrun Timid Scarfgar. 253 speed (148 EVs) to outrun Timid Deoxys-S, 230 speed (56 EVs) outruns Scarfchomp and Scarf-Z.
Does that Timid Deoxys-S have its own Speed EVs? I'm going to assume not.

Either way, thanks -- huge help.

Quick question: What two regular Pokemon (not legendaries) covers all 8 of the HMs?
Quite a few according to my last calculation (although ignore Kabuto / Kabutops ; for some reason my program thought he could learn Cut. There could be other errors in there as well. Smeargle was intentionally withheld due to being too obvious.)

Code:
id  | name       | test                                                                                              
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
3   | Venusaur   | dragonite                                                                                         
6   | Charizard  | golduck+kabuto+ludicolo+swampert+feraligatr+omastar+bibarel+kabutops+empoleon+poliwrath+blastoise 
9   | Blastoise  | dragonite+charizard+skarmory+tropius+salamence                                                    
27  | Sandshrew  | dragonite                                                                                         
28  | Sandslash  | dragonite                                                                                         
31  | Nidoqueen  | dragonite                                                                                         
34  | Nidoking   | dragonite                                                                                         
55  | Golduck    | charizard+salamence+tropius+dragonite+skarmory                                                    
62  | Poliwrath  | charizard+salamence+skarmory+tropius+dragonite                                                    
108 | Lickitung  | dragonite                                                                                         
112 | Rhydon     | dragonite                                                                                         
115 | Kangaskhan | dragonite                                                                                         
127 | Pinsir     | dragonite                                                                                         
128 | Tauros     | dragonite                                                                                         
139 | Omastar    | salamence+tropius+dragonite+charizard                                                             
140 | Kabuto     | salamence+tropius+charizard+dragonite+vibrava+aerodactyl+flygon                                   
141 | Kabutops   | flygon+salamence+vibrava+aerodactyl+tropius+charizard+dragonite                                   
142 | Aerodactyl | bibarel+kabutops+kabuto+empoleon+feraligatr                                                       
143 | Snorlax    | dragonite                                                                                         
154 | Meganium   | dragonite                                                                                         
157 | Typhlosion | dragonite                                                                                         
160 | Feraligatr | tropius+flygon+dragonite+skarmory+aerodactyl+salamence+vibrava+charizard                          
208 | Steelix    | dragonite                                                                                         
217 | Ursaring   | dragonite                                                                                         
227 | Skarmory   | empoleon+blastoise+bibarel+poliwrath+swampert+feraligatr+golduck+ludicolo                         
248 | Tyranitar  | dragonite                                                                                         
254 | Sceptile   | dragonite                                                                                         
257 | Blaziken   | dragonite                                                                                         
260 | Swampert   | skarmory+tropius+dragonite+charizard+salamence                                                    
272 | Ludicolo   | salamence+dragonite+charizard+tropius+skarmory                                                    
288 | Vigoroth   | dragonite                                                                                         
289 | Slaking    | dragonite                                                                                         
295 | Exploud    | dragonite                                                                                         
296 | Makuhita   | dragonite                                                                                         
297 | Hariyama   | dragonite                                                                                         
306 | Aggron     | dragonite                                                                                         
329 | Vibrava    | kabuto+kabutops+empoleon+feraligatr+bibarel                                                       
330 | Flygon     | empoleon+kabuto+kabutops+bibarel+feraligatr                                                       
357 | Tropius    | kabuto+kabutops+omastar+empoleon+swampert+poliwrath+golduck+feraligatr+bibarel+ludicolo+blastoise 
373 | Salamence  | swampert+omastar+empoleon+bibarel+feraligatr+poliwrath+blastoise+ludicolo+golduck+kabutops+kabuto 
387 | Turtwig    | dragonite                                                                                         
388 | Grotle     | dragonite                                                                                         
389 | Torterra   | dragonite                                                                                         
390 | Chimchar   | dragonite                                                                                         
391 | Monferno   | dragonite                                                                                         
392 | Infernape  | dragonite                                                                                         
395 | Empoleon   | aerodactyl+dragonite+tropius+charizard+skarmory+flygon+vibrava+salamence                          
400 | Bibarel    | skarmory+flygon+vibrava+salamence+dragonite+tropius+aerodactyl+charizard                          
409 | Rampardos  | dragonite                                                                                         
443 | Gible      | dragonite                                                                                         
444 | Gabite     | dragonite                                                                                         
445 | Garchomp   | dragonite                                                                                         
446 | Munchlax   | dragonite                                                                                         
452 | Drapion    | dragonite                                                                                         
454 | Toxicroak  | dragonite                                                                                         
463 | Lickilicky | dragonite                                                                                         
464 | Rhyperior  | dragonite

I came here hoping some one could help me set up a moveset / EV Spread for a Calm Suicune. It's Calm nature, and IV's are 25 HP / 30 Atk / 18 Def / 25 SpA / 30 SpD / 31 Spe (yes, it's Little Green Yoda's). I assume you'll want to have Mirror Coat, but that's as far as I've gotten. Any help would be appreciated.
Anyone?

Wow, that's a pretty cool list Gigafrost. What program did you use to calculate that? Thanks for you help as well Lorak.

How comes it seems out of the many possibilities for an OT Number, it seems like I keep getting the same ones on my Ruby? Is this because I keep using the same OT name?

Japanese Colosseum bonus disk, that's about it because Celebi can't be caught in-game. I'm not counting events because if you would have gone to one then you would already have a Celebi.
And I would assume that the disc only works with the Japanese version of the game correct?

Wow, that's a pretty cool list Gigafrost. What program did you use to calculate that? Thanks for you help as well Lorak.
It's a custom-made program. Can be tricky to use it because I haven't documented it that well. For example, a command like this was used to obtain those results:

Code:
 /Users/ekraft/pokemon > pokesearch -i standard -c hms:moveset*hms_4th -c "valid:name!=smeargle && size(hms)>=4 && ~legendary" valid -c "match:{x:pokemon}{value(x,&valid) && size(value(x,&hms)+hms)==8}" "size(match)>0" -d match name!=dragon
Edit: The reason that Kabuto / Kabutops are in the results are because the program thought that Cut was a part of their movesets. Unfortunately, it isn't. (It's unfortunate because if it was then you would be able to just breed an Aerodactyl and a Kabuto, no need to evolve, and have a complete HM slave combo.)

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Edit: The reason that Kabuto / Kabutops are in the results are because the program thought that Cut was a part of their movesets. Unfortunately, it isn't. (It's unfortunate because if it was then you would be able to just breed an Aerodactyl and a Kabuto, no need to evolve, and have a complete HM slave combo.)
Kabutops CAN cut. Kabuto can't.

And I would assume that the disc only works with the Japanese version of the game correct?
Correct. You need the Japanese Pokemon Colosseum as well as a Japanese Pokemon GBA game.

Edit: Thanks for pointing that out Lorak. Forgot to check and verify that was the case before taking it out. Added it back in.

What's a good item for a Special Sweeper Ambipom (it has Nasty Plot, so no Choice items, but I could work around that, I suppose).

What's a good item for a Special Sweeper Ambipom (it has Nasty Plot, so no Choice items, but I could work around that, I suppose).
Life orb if you're running strictly a sweeper, but if you also plan to use baton pass, then leftovers is a better option.

I was figuring Life Orb, but I don't know if it's sturdy enough for the recoil. And I was wondering if anyone could tell me what EV's I should give to ny Ambipom (30 HP IV) for minimum Life Orb recoil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)