Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
The nature, gender and ability are determined when the egg is made and the IVs are set when you take it from the day care man. So if you save before taking the egg then you can SR for different IVs while keeping everything else the same.
For more information on breeding read the breeding guide in the articles section of the site: http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/

WTH my metagross and ditto wont make an egg in emerald. I've been biking back and forth for 3 hours and not a single egg. Can anyone explain why? The old man say that "the two don't seem to like each other"

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Thanks Chill, though in regards to no gaurd champ, I was playing it on a platinum rom and I thought it might have been a glitch . . . but ok, that doesn't make sense. That's probably how it's supposed to work.
No Guard means that no move can possibly miss. For example, when you are in the air by using Fly, your opponent's Machamp's Dynamicpunch WILL hit you. Likewise, if Machamp is underground, you can hit it with all moves as well, including things like Gust and Thunderbolt lol.

WTH my metagross and ditto wont make an egg in emerald. I've been biking back and forth for 3 hours and not a single egg. Can anyone explain why? The old man say that "the two don't seem to like each other"
Hmm, I'm guessing you are extremely unlucky. There is a 30% chance of you getting an egg every 255 steps in Emerald when you use those two parents.

Is there only one TM64 Explosion per game?

I played the slots and got one, gave it to a Magnezone, all good. Now I want one for a Metagross, so I played the bloody slots again. Twice I got to ten bonus rounds or above, allowing the rounds to end properly before I left the machine like I did the first time. But the NPC who gives you the TM didn't give me the 'you've had an explosion of luck' speech or the merchandise - she just asked me if I wanted any bloody coins, like I hadn't spent hours winning about 25,000 of them.

So no, I don't want any coins. I either want TM64 or I want to see an animation of my Tyranitar eating the Game Corner lady.

Is there only one per game, or do I need to do something to 'reset' it?

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is there only one TM64 Explosion per game?

I played the slots and got one, gave it to a Magnezone, all good. Now I want one for a Metagross, so I played the bloody slots again. Twice I got to ten bonus rounds or above, allowing the rounds to end properly before I left the machine like I did the first time. But the NPC who gives you the TM didn't give me the 'you've had an explosion of luck' speech or the merchandise - she just asked me if I wanted any bloody coins, like I hadn't spent hours winning about 25,000 of them.

So no, I don't want any coins. I either want TM64 or I want to see an animation of my Tyranitar eating the Game Corner lady.

Is there only one per game, or do I need to do something to 'reset' it?
There is only one, sorry. You will have to reset, or there are quite a few people on Smogon who have multiple copies of TMs. You can trade with one of them.

There is only one, sorry. You will have to reset, or there are quite a few people on Smogon who have multiple copies of TMs. You can trade with one of them.
Thanks for the prompt reply. Why the balls do Game Freak make people play the bastarding slots for hours if the pissing TM isn't even reobtainable? Bastards!

Ok so when I open up Shoddy, It shows no servers but 0,0, something like that.
And I checked the FAQ on the official webpage but it gave me nothing except that I have a misconfigured firewall?
How can I fix this?

Gorebyss@Life Orb
Evs: 48 HP / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
Nature: Modest
~ Surf
~ Icy Wind
~ Shadow Ball
~ Hidden Power Electric

Do you guys think Icy Wind is even necessary when I use this in OU?

Ice Wind helps if you have a slower sweeper to come in on it next or something in that nature. Other than that Ice Wind isn't too great...

Me again, with another Sub Salac Porygon-Z idea: Hidden Power Water.

Yeah, you heard correctly. Water is the only type that hits both Heatran and Tyranitar for super effective damage, while also hitting Gengar. Here are some damage calculations:

+2 HP Water on 252/0 Tyranitar: 51.98%-61.39%
+2 HP Water on 6/0 Scarftran: 92.59%-108.95%
+2 HP Water on 6/0 Gengar: 76.63%-90.42%
+2 HP Water on 252/230 Rhyperior: 85.02%-100.23% (SS)

Normal and Water is only resisted by Empoleon and Shedinja.

I must say, skiddle this is pretty unique. I guess it'd work better on Gengar for obvious reasons, but I'd just stick to HP fighting to get the hit on Tyranitar, and It hits Heatran for equal damage anyway. Wouldn't Gengar OHKO with focus blast first though? If not, I'd say it's a 2HKO for sure.

Gorebyss is slow as fuck already, having base 52 iirc
so, even with Icy wind, that is not enough in most cases to win a race. I'd just use Rain support. Or use ludicolo, it does that better anyway.

sorry for the double post btw

It's a Sub Salac set, so if you Substitute on the switch, you can keep subbing until you get your Salac boost. Then, you'll be faster, and have a Sub still, so you can Nasty Plot, then kill Gengar if it has taken some prior damage.

Anyways, if you look at the peer edit, it's supposed to set up on Blissey by taking advantage of that free turn you'll get when they attempt to status you. Blissey without Seismic Toss (flamethrower toxic) will actually allow you to get +6 SpA, a substitute, and a Salac Boost, effectively allowing you to win the game, unless your opponent has two priority move users.

I was completely stumped as far as type coverage could work with only two slots, one of which being a Normal move. However, I think I've got something here. I wasn't really using Dark Pulse much anyways, as Tri Attack still hurts Steels pretty badly. I just wanted to be able to deal with Tyranitar, Heatran and Gengar all in one move.

lol why did you post this in simple question/ simple answer if you weren't even asking a question :) You should've posted in creative movesets...

Are there any solid accomplishments you have to achieve in order to get a badge? For example, if you are an artist, how many pieces do you have to put up to get the artist badge? is it just up to the moderators?

Are there any solid accomplishments you have to achieve in order to get a badge? For example, if you are an artist, how many pieces do you have to put up to get the artist badge? is it just up to the moderators?
Lorak's thread has been up for god knows how long, and he only got a badge about a week ago. To be fair, there is no real deciding factor, just do your best to get the mods attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)