Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
What iv's are needed for the hidden power electric
I think o/o/o/o/e/o/o gives you HP electric. O stands for odd and E stands for even.

There are other combinations too but that's the only one I can remember.

And one more thing. If you want the hidden power to be strong(65+) you need to emphasize on SpDef, SpAtk and Speed.

For example, if you can get o/o/o/30/31/31 then you will get a good hidden power. :)

Best EV allocation

I am thinking about running this set for my Tyranitar

Tyranitar @ Expert Belt
Ability: Sand Stream
Nature: Brave
-Focus Punch
-Stone Edge
-Fire Blast
-Ice Beam

I was wondering how to properly allocate my EVs but I'm not 100 certain at this point. I was thinking about having this for my Pokemon.

252 Atk / 104 SpA / 26 SpD / 122 HP

I want to hear what you guys think or if you think that the EVs can be allocated better feel free to post it.

What determines which version a Shellos will be when hatching them from eggs? Does it depend on what side of the map I am? Which Shellos spawns from hatching in Solaceon (Sp?) Town?

Does Pressure's effect activate even if the pokémon with the ability uses Protect? Can Protect and Detect on the same moveset alternate without fail?
^Anyone..?

And I have a triple-flawless Spiritomb in both defenses and HP, so naturally, I would like to make the most of it. It is Impish, so I am wondering what a good moveset for it would be. If it could also be a Rest-Talker, that would be great.

^Anyone..?

And I have a triple-flawless Spiritomb in both defenses and HP, so naturally, I would like to make the most of it. It is Impish, so I am wondering what a good moveset for it would be. If it could also be a Rest-Talker, that would be great.
IIRC it's dependent on what side of Mt. Coronet you're on, but why not just try and see?

Anyways, what Egg moves do you guys want to see on a Rhyperior?
I really can't see anything else useful besides Crunch...

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Is it just my bad luck or dyslexia in reading the event info that I'm only recieving Mild TRU Dragonites as I'm SRing?

@Donovant: I believe it requires a program to do it, I'm not 100% sure, but I do know that it's more complicated than your everyday thing. I suggest you ask around the Wi-Fi forum for someone to help you on that.

@MegaBassFalzar: Serene Grace only affects the Pokemon with the ability.

What moves are affected by the 2vs2 damage modifier and by what?
spread and multi-target moves are affected by the 2vs2 damage modifier, anytime you hit more than one Pokemon the 2vs2 modifier is .75, except for the Last Pokemon Standing Rule, where if your spread move KOs everything else that's hit by it before it hits that last Pokemon they take the full hit.

^Anyone..?

Protect/Detect are unaffected by Pressure because Protect targets the user, Pressure only reduces extra PP if you target the Pokemon with Pressure, although iirc there are other exceptions. And if you alternate between Protect and Detect, you can fail, at anytime that you use Protect, Detect, or Endure, if you use one of those attacks the next turn, your chances of success are half of what it was previously, like 100%, 50%, 25%, 12.5% etc.

Actually, the chance that protect works is always 50% if you successfully used protect/detect/endure the turn before, even if you used protect 100 times in a row you would still have 50% of it succeeding

How the hell do you breed egg moves onto a male Nidoran? Does a Nidoran egg have a chance of hatching into either a male or female?
Like if I have a male Smeargle with the egg moves I want, can I breed that with a female Nidoran and hatch out a male with those egg moves?

Protect/Detect are unaffected by Pressure because Protect targets the user, Pressure only reduces extra PP if you target the Pokemon with Pressure, although iirc there are other exceptions. And if you alternate between Protect and Detect, you can fail, at anytime that you use Protect, Detect, or Endure, if you use one of those attacks the next turn, your chances of success are half of what it was previously, like 100%, 50%, 25%, 12.5% etc.
I think you misunderstood (or I did not explain myself well). My question was if the pokémon with Pressure used Protect/Detect, would the opposing pokémon's move (if it is an attacking move) be reduced by one or two PP? Example:

Zapdos used Protect
Rhyperior used Stone Edge
Zapdos protected itself!

Would Stone Edge in this situation lose one or two PP?

And for the second half of the question, I meant something like this:

Medicham used Protect
Dugtrio used Earthquake
Medicham protected itself!

Medicham used Detect
Dugtrio used Earthquake

If the two situations above happened one after another (Medicham uses Protect the first turn, then Detect the second turn), would Detect have a chance to fail?

Using Detect after Protect, or vice versa works the same as using one of the moves twice. You can't alternate between the two and have it work every time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)