Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so about IVs, How do you know what IVs your pokemon has? For example, If I have a salamence that says: Proud of its power, it will have a stronger attack stat than another salamence that says: loves to eat.

How do I find the x/x/x/x/x/x of the pokemon?

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
Ok, so about IVs, How do you know what IVs your pokemon has? For example, If I have a salamence that says: Proud of its power, it will have a stronger attack stat than another salamence that says: loves to eat.

How do I find the x/x/x/x/x/x of the pokemon?
Plug your stats into this site, assuming the Pokemon has no EVs (Effort/External Values). Characteristics inform you only of its highest IV, and doesn't tell you if it's tied for any other IVs for highest. Coincidentally, your example could be wrong. Salamance A could have no IVs higher than 4, except a 5 in Attack, and still have "Proud of its power."

Lorak

*leekspin*
is an Artist Alumnus
So basically it doesnt depend on anything?
Your stats depend on your IVs. Your characteristic depends on your IVs, but it's far more vague if you don't check the changes in your stats to determine your IVs.
A Ditto has the following IVs:
HP Attack Defense Sp. Attack Sp. Defense Speed
4 0 0 6 13 10
Since its highest IV value is 13 in Special Defense, its characteristic will be "Hates to lose."
A Ditto with the same IVs, except a 28 where the 13 is, will also have the characteristic "Hates to lose."

How do you people get strong natures and IVs when encountering wilds? I know you can synchronize but what about those IVs? Please don't tell me to hack.

Also, does synchronize work in RSE?

I have a WIFI team with CB-ttar, vappy, zappy, Tran, Scizor, Celebi
my Zappy is bold with 252hp, 220vert,36speed

all in all there is a special weak.
my question:
Is Screnn enough? or which EVs should my bold-zappy have? Or is Lightscreen really enough?? (i dont think so)
pls help me

@BTC: Vaporeon is a decent Special sponge, with just a weakness to Electric (Grass Knot, the most common Grass-type move, usually does piddle without STAB). You could just replace Vaporeon altogether with Blissey if you're that worried about being swept by Special attacks. Cradily is a decent option too, however, especially since you have a lead Sandstreamer! Here is Cradily's analysis page, if you're interested:

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/cradily

Cradily's weaknesses are resisted by Zapdos and Heatran, so he has a pretty good synthesis with your team.

@BTC: Vaporeon is a decent Special sponge,
with just a weakness to Electric (Grass Knot, the most common Grass-type move, usually does piddle without STAB). You could just replace Vaporeon altogether with Blissey if you're that worried about being swept by Special attacks. Cradily is a decent option too, however, especially since you have a lead Sandstreamer! Here is Cradily's analysis page, if you're interested:

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/cradily

Cradily's weaknesses are resisted by Zapdos and Heatran, so he has a pretty good synthesis with your team.
mmh...i just have a calm cradily.
the evs are 252hp 4vert 252spVert.

usable?

I'm guessing that 'vert' means Defense? It could be usable, but it'd be better if you focused a little more on Defense rather than Special Defense to take hits better overall; Sandstorm boosts Cradily's Special Defense stat by x1.5.

The Calm nature is going to hurt Cradily's Attack stat, but that won't matter much unless you're against Zapdos and Gyarados. Just don't use the Swords Dance set. :P

I am using a Scizor with Bullet Punch / Quick Attack / Swords Dance / Roost and don't care about speed.

252 Atk and ?

Where should I put the extra EVs? HP, DEF, Sp. DEf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)