Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know Ditto is a great Pokemon for breeding and I am currently trying to get one with the IVs I need.
But is it better to catch tons of Ditto than breeding them to get great IVs?

Thanks for the Help :D

Is it necessary to hatch thousands of pokemon just to get a pokemon with six 31 IVs? Or is it okay to stop hatching after you get a pokemon with the most important stats as fairly high as necessary and ignore the rest?
You can ignore the rest

For example, Garchomp only need Speed and Attack. Decent defense, special defense, and HP stats wouldn't hurt, but in the end, well, I haven't seen any bulky Garchomps, have you?

Another example is Blissey. Why would you care if a Blissey has 31 attack or 0? Yet another is Shedinja

Some Pokemon could benefit from having a bunch of perfect IV's, but there is most likely going to be at least one that isn't needed, depending on its role

I know I asked this a little while ago, but I managed to see a flying resist isn't going to matter much. Boah isn't working out, plus with 2 x4 weaknesses with others on my team it isn't worth it. So my question is:

What resists Psychic/Fire and is special based?

I know I asked this a little while ago, but I managed to see a flying resist isn't going to matter much. Boah isn't working out, plus with 2 x4 weaknesses with others on my team it isn't worth it. So my question is:

What resists Psychic/Fire and is special based?
Houndoom? Immunity to both is nice.

For Crushking (Wall-breaking Nidoking) would you suggest Lonely (-Def) or Naughty (-SpDef)? I'm not quite sure. I don't know if I should allow him to take Physical or Special hits better.

I think most people use dark void in doubles, because it hits both opponents. I don't see a reason to use it in singles (except if you think it's really cool :p) If there is another reason, I to would like to know.
Isn't Sleep Clause active?

I know Ditto is a great Pokemon for breeding and I am currently trying to get one with the IVs I need.
But is it better to catch tons of Ditto than breeding them to get great IVs?

Thanks for the Help :D
Don't think this was answered, but you can't breed Dittos! They're in the No Egg group. Catching them on Emerald is much easier than having to chain them in D/P.

Disclaimer: I have never played doubles. But I imagine that dark void allows you to avoid guessing which of the opponents is carrying a lum berry.

@ Thetorsoboy: I would probably suggest -sdef, because I find myself switching into stone edge and close combat most often when I used Nidoking, but it's totally up to you.

@ IgnatiusOni: It's your call. You never know when 1 hp will decide a battle, so almost perfect iv's can matter, but don't stress out about it. Of course, if you plan on trading, it makes more of a difference.

Is the only way to have seen Uxie and Azelf ingame by battling them? I've just bought a secondhand copy of diamond and had been hoping to SR for a few decent legends. But Mesprit is roaming at the moment and the caves in the lakes are empty, so that means he's fought and killed them, right?

haunter

Banned deucer.
Is the only way to have seen Uxie and Azelf ingame by battling them? I've just bought a secondhand copy of diamond and had been hoping to SR for a few decent legends. But Mesprit is roaming at the moment and the caves in the lakes are empty, so that means he's fought and killed them, right?
Yes, you need to battle them to see the pokedex entrys (you don't necessary need to faint\capture them, it's enough that you battle, and if you let em faint all of your pokemons, then they'll still be there next time you enter the caves). But in your case, I can't see other options besides the one you supposed. So, you'll probably need to restart your game to catch the pixies (or use the AR rebattle code, of course).

Edit: Obviously you can also see the entrys by trading, but since you have mesprit roaming and the other caves are empty, I don't think it's your case.

Don't think this was answered, but you can't breed Dittos! They're in the No Egg group. Catching them on Emerald is much easier than having to chain them in D/P.
Oooh.. hahaha.. Too Bad for me then.. I don't have an Emerald cartridge.. Guess I'll have to chain those squirts.. haha.. thanks.. :D

Hmm.. about the breeding thing.. I checked Serebii and their Dex says that ditto can breed with another ditto.. was their information wrong then?

If I attach an everstone to a female pokemon and another on a ditto, then i placed them together in the day care..

Supposing the two pokemons have the same nature, would the offspring be of the same nature 100%? or 75%? or etc.?

Sorry for the noob questions by the way.. I'm really new in the competitive battling scene.. Just trying to get decent Pokemon first.. Lurking in the forums really helps a lot.. so thank you :D

If I attach an everstone to a female pokemon and another on a ditto, then i placed them together in the day care..

Supposing the two pokemons have the same nature, would the offspring be of the same nature 100%? or 75%? or etc.?

Sorry for the noob questions by the way.. I'm really new in the competitive battling scene.. Just trying to get decent Pokemon first.. Lurking in the forums really helps a lot.. so thank you :D
Everstone always goes on Ditto, and can not be stacked.

Everstone always goes on Ditto, and can not be stacked.
But if I decide to use a Female pokemon and a Male pokemon of the same egg group instead of using Ditto as a substitute for the other one, then I can attach the everstone to the female to inherit its nature. Am I right?

Thanks again :D

But if I decide to use a Female pokemon and a Male pokemon of the same egg group instead of using Ditto as a substitute for the other one, then I can attach the everstone to the female to inherit its nature. Am I right?

Thanks again :D
correct.

and it has a 50% chance of passing down the same nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)