Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
At what point are IVs generated for the roaming bird trio in Platinum?
Once you talk to Oak. So it's best to save before you talk to Oak and work on only resetting for one of the birds. They're all set at the same time, so the chance of finding great resets for 3 birds is practically impossible.

I'm training a Rhyperior that uses Substitute...basically, the one on the analysis page that's named Su(b)perior.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/rhyperior

The suggested EV spread for that set is 132 HP / 192 Atk / 16 SpD / 168 Spe.

Of course, that's assuming 31 IVs for all stats. The one I have has the following IVs. (it's not evolved yet, so it's still a Rhyhorn)

Rhyhorn - #111 (Adamant)
HP: 31
Att: 31
Def: 22
SpA: 25
SpD: 25
Speed: 15

How would I adjust the EV spread to account for my not perfect IVs?

Why did I find a Lv4 Wild Bibarel twice?

The first time, I was chaining at the Lake you get your starter at, by setting up a Max Repel then using the PokeRadar. I found a Lv4 Bidoof, then another Lv4 Bidoof, then a Lv4 Bibarel. Since it broke my chain, I just shut down my game and turned it back on.

Today, I tried to find another one, so I got a chain of like 5 Bidoofs, then a Starly broke it, I had no repels. Then, I used a normal Repel (Last time it was a Max Repel), then the first grass I went into after using the PokeRadar had a Lv4 Bibarel, which I caught.

Is this known already? My game is not hacked in any ways, and other than my own Pokemon, only has Pokemon that are a bunch of redistributables, one non-redistributable from my friend who had rights, or the NPC trades' Pokemon.

EDIT: itthebigc, maybe just take some out of attack, to make up for the IVs?

^ As long as FireRed, LeafGreen or Emerald is inserted, you have a 4% chance of finding Level 4 Bibarels at Lake Verity.

And yeah, not sure where to take out EVs to make up for stuff, or how much to add. Somewhat new at this stuff, so I'm not sure exactly where to take out, since I'm not sure what the EV spread suggested was supposed to completely do. I mean, I get HP was to make 101 HP subs, but...otherwise, not too sure. I was wondering if someone could suggest an adjusted EV spread, keeping the purpose of Subperior in mind (quoted below)

"Rhyperior's ability to conjure 101 HP Substitutes, the ability Solid Rock cutting Super Effective moves to x1.5 damage instead of x2, and the x1.5 boost to his Special Defense thanks to the presence of Sandstorm make this Rhyperior a threat when played correctly. Substitute is the key move on this set. With the given EVs, Blissey is not able to Break Rhyperior's Substitutes with Seismic Toss or Ice Beam. Cresselia also suffers this same scenario, provided she didn't get a Special Attack boost from Charge Beam or has Psychic in her move pool. After the Substitute is set up, Rhyperior can act accordingly by either boosting its 400 Attack stat to an impressive 800 with Swords Dance or simply using its powerful STABs to attack.
The Speed EVs outpace Swampert, Porygon2, and Machamp provided they don't invest heavily in Speed. Don't worry about being walled by Bronzong because Gyro Ball is doing pitiful damage and after a couple of Swords Dances even Bronzong won't enjoy a boosted Stone Edge. If Celebi and other bulky Psychic-types become a problem, Megahorn fits nicely over Swords Dance."

Of course, that's assuming 31 IVs for all stats. The one I have has the following IVs. (it's not evolved yet, so it's still a Rhyhorn)

Rhyhorn - #111 (Adamant)
HP: 31
Att: 31
Def: 22
SpA: 25
SpD: 25
Speed: 15

How would I adjust the EV spread to account for my not perfect IVs?
It really depends on what you're willing to sacrifice (HP, Attack, Speed). As HP and Speed are specific and the attack is leftover, I'll take from that.

EVs: 132 HP/104 Atk/232 Spd/40 SDef

Of course, I have no idea what the SDef EVs are for specifically so it might be fine to move those to attack.

It says right in the comments:

With the given EVs, Blissey is not able to Break Rhyperior's Substitutes with Seismic Toss or Ice Beam. Cresselia also suffers this same scenario, provided she didn't get a Special Attack boost from Charge Beam or has Psychic in her move pool.

Thanks ithebigc, I have FireRed in my Dual Slot lol, and have for a pretty long time. That must be why...are there any other underleveled Pokemon you can catch via the dual slot?

It says right in the comments:

With the given EVs, Blissey is not able to Break Rhyperior's Substitutes with Seismic Toss or Ice Beam. Cresselia also suffers this same scenario, provided she didn't get a Special Attack boost from Charge Beam or has Psychic in her move pool.
Oh. Stupid me.

Does that only apply when Sandstorm is active? Or is Cressalia/Blissey not able to break subs even without the Sandstorm SpDef boost?

you COULD put a berry on shuckle or someone could trick one to it or something... very rare, but it's a bit higher than the 0% chance of facing a OHKO move since they are generally banned.

is your kadabra from the same country game as the other parent?
and if it's breeding with a ditto, then that's why. dittos act as the female for passing natures, even when breeding with a female.

That doesn't necessarily work. Most Trick Room teams would use a Togekiss, Clefable, or Smeargle for Follow Me, thus allowing the Trick Room to occur.

You could have one of your Pokemon carry Trick Room to restore things to normal. You could also try for something more gimmicky with Imprison-Trick Room, or Tricking around Lagging Tails or Iron Balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)