Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tyranitar @ Leftovers
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Dark Pulse
-Ice Beam

You guys know Tyrani-boah... Can someone help me think of something similar, but not with Sandstorm? It seriously messes up my non-resistant walls... and it hurts with all those Scizors running around... Something with special Ice and Dark attacks? Is there anything?

Thanks...

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
There was that Niteboah moveset in C&C, but Caelum or someone (forgot who) closed it because the OP didn't test it out and theorymoned it instead.

It was basically:

Dragonite @ Leftovers
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower / Ice Beam / TBolt

So no dark attacks, but you do get no sandstorm and not weak to Scizor, but it takes a beating from ice moves.

There was that Niteboah moveset in C&C, but Caelum or someone (forgot who) closed it because the OP didn't test it out and theorymoned it instead.

It was basically:

Dragonite @ Leftovers
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower / Ice Beam / TBolt

So no dark attacks, but you do get no sandstorm and not weak to Scizor, but it takes a beating from ice moves.
Worth a shot, thanks. I might also try Gengar w/ Sub + focus punch... I think there's a set like that...

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
How does Parasect learn Light Screen? the Ubersect set calls for it and I really want to try it out, but I can't teach the TM.

No, it's not the end of the world if it's an egg move, but I'm crushed. ._.;

The exact release date for Platinum for the US?
March 22nd, iirc

I hope this is the right place to ask...

I used the following Sceptile in battle today. My opponent said, "Are you joking?" after using a status inducing move. I'm curious about whether it was due to the direction the battle was taking or if it was due to an unusual set. So, is this set unusual:

Sceptile @ Lum Berry
Can't get the EV's right now, but it was close to a 252 SpA 252 Speed layout

-Seed Bomb
-Thunderpunch
-Dragon Pulse
-Grass Whistle

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
March 22nd, iirc

I hope this is the right place to ask...

I used the following Sceptile in battle today. My opponent said, "Are you joking?" after using a status inducing move. I'm curious about whether it was due to the direction the battle was taking or if it was due to an unusual set. So, is this set unusual:

Sceptile @ Lum Berry
Can't get the EV's right now, but it was close to a 252 SpA 252 Speed layout

-Seed Bomb
-Thunderpunch
-Dragon Pulse
-Grass Whistle
Yes, that is a very weird set. Grasswhistle is almost never used on Sceptile, and it's physical STAB is always Leaf Blade.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
If my rating on shoddy is 1525 - 1719, with a CRE of 1235, will i be able to achieve voting rights soon?

haunter

Banned deucer.
If my rating on shoddy is 1525 - 1719, with a CRE of 1235, will i be able to achieve voting rights soon?
Your CRE is irrelevant. Now your rating is 1622 while your deviation is 97, so you still have a lot of work to be eligible to vote.

I've found lately DDMence is proving fairly difficult to set up and sweep with.
Would a defensive DDMence with Yache Berry work? I am assuming it would allow me to set up 2 DDs.

If so, what EV Spread should I use? I'm currently using the old 124 HP/252 Atk/132 Spd set, as the new standard is too fragile, IMO.

haunter

Banned deucer.
I've found lately DDMence is proving fairly difficult to set up and sweep with.
Would a defensive DDMence with Yache Berry work? I am assuming it would allow me to set up 2 DDs.

If so, what EV Spread should I use? I'm currently using the old 124 HP/252 Atk/132 Spd set, as the new standard is too fragile, IMO.
Yache berry may work, just remember that mence is more than often revenged by scizor cb-bullet punch, so consider leftovers as an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)