Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ Mister Militia: Timid Zapdos HP Grass: 2 IVs in Attack.

@ Doval: Leech Seed stops when the Pokemon that is afflicted by it either switches out or uses Rapid Spin. Whether the Leech Seeder switches or not is irrelevant. Curse affects the target until it switches or dies.

Pardon my noobishness, but I really don't have experience with grass types and I can't test this right now. Leech Seed stops working if either Pokemon switch out, right?

EDIT: Also, will a Ghost's Curse continue to hurt the target even if the user dies?
Leech Seed does stop working when the Pokemon switches out. As for curse, if the user faints, the Curse will still work, unless it switches out.

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Two questions:

One: What is the purpose of Firebot development lab?

Two: When is the UU testing period ending?

Seven Deadly Sins

~hallelujah~
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Probably not. E/FR/LG are still in Ever Grande City because they're third gen, just like Platinum will be in Stark because it's just a variation of 4G.

I have a Shiny Careful Dusknoir, but I'm stuck on what EVs [basically Special or Physical Wall. It's better at Physical but it's Careful Nature] and moveset should I give [it cannot have Pain Split since it was caught]. Anyone can give me some expert advice?

You really shouldn't go against the nature and just go for a special wall. 252 HP is a no brainer. You can always just take the any set (minus Pain Split), and make it Specially inclined instead of Physically inclined (you have WoW for physical attackers anyways).

Destiny Bond also only lasts until the user switches out or attempts to make another move... so even if used BP, it would be gone.

Is it essential to give HP EV's to Swampert? I can't seen to get perfect IV's for HP but I have perfect attack and defence...

No. It blew itself up.

Scenario:

Turn 1:
Player 1 sent out Metagross!
Player 2 sent out Alakazam!
Alakazam used Reflect!
Metagross used Stealth Rock!

Turn 2:
Player 2 chooses Encore and Player 1 chooses Bullet Punch.
Is the Bullet Punch Encored, or is Stealth Rock Encored?

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
No. It blew itself up.

Scenario:

Turn 1:
Player 1 sent out Metagross!
Player 2 sent out Alakazam!
Alakazam used Reflect!
Metagross used Stealth Rock!

Turn 2:
Player 2 chooses Encore and Player 1 chooses Bullet Punch.
Is the Bullet Punch Encored, or is Stealth Rock Encored?
Bullet Punch hits first, so it would get encored if Alakazam survived.(read: not likely)

haunter

Banned deucer.
Is it essential to give HP EV's to Swampert? I can't seen to get perfect IV's for HP but I have perfect attack and defence...
That really depends on what kind of set you're planning to use. 31 hp IV is only needed if you want to use sub-punch, to ensure that seismic toss can't break your subs in one hit. On any other set, an hp IV of 25+ is largely acceptable.

I wanted a stealth rock/lead Swampert. Does that mean I should still invest EV's into that min 25 IV HP? I'm more curious if Swampert is any use without invested HP.

haunter

Banned deucer.
I wanted a stealth rock/lead Swampert. Does that mean I should still invest EV's into that min 25 IV HP? I'm more curious if Swampert is any use without invested HP.
Yes, you want hp EVs to maximize your ability to take hits from both sides of the attacking spectrum. Depending on your hp IV you should try to make it divisible by 16 if you plan to use leftovers on your pert. However, apart from the endeavor set, every swampert set wants hp EVs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)